GG Everdrive questions

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
:scratch:

I see it has Fram for game saves but it's not saving. My other everdrives save just fine.

I've tried with Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict, SF 2 sword of whatever, Defenders of Oasis and Ax Battler.

I've tried different roms:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
GG everdrive...tempting but I can't think of any games I want for it that I don't already have...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I have 120 games for the GG. I wanted to play a translated game from one of my favorite series.

Add in the 40 or so Master System games and the Everdrive becomes handy.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear you man but I'm pretty picky when it comes to GG and MS, I can live with just emulation when it comes to titles I don't have that I wanna play but there isn't much to begin with. GG Columns all day!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Messed around with Kega and saved a couple SF games. Transferred the .sgm save flies, noticed I'm showing data files for DoO & Lunar that end .srm. Started a game and the .sgm files aren't recognized.

Damn!

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Mine's packed up so I can't test... But the forums at krikzz's site are generally very responsive, either from power users or the man himself. Good luck.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Mine's packed up so I can't test... But the forums at krikzz's site are generally very responsive, either from power users or the man himself. Good luck.

I actually read a response of krikzz's on assembler but didn't understand. I think I did what he said.

Great off to be a noob only joining for info. Getting yelled at for not finding a hidden or buried thread:buttrock:

EDIT:
krikzz said:
You should use dummy file. Any file can be used as dummy file. size of dummy file should be not less than 32kbyte

How do I make a dummy file and set the size?

I'm sure that's basic to most but one of the .sgm files was 32kbyte.

Where's ninjainspandex when I need him?:lolz:

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=108.0

Very last thread in his GG forum, very last response. Dude links to the website he found with a method to set the size. And says how he set stuff up for it. Bingo!

I looked at that last night but the link to the method is dead.

I tried renaming the .sgm to .srm files and the game said the saves were corrupted. I couldn't save over them.

I created some dummy files with fsutil. Wasn't sure what file extension to give it. Tried .srm no luck.

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
yea my GG everdrive never gets any use. Gearhead of whatever it was called looked good after it was translated.