Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 173

Thread: President Obama signed executive order curbing gun sales

  1. #51
    King of Typists

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Cardboard Kingdom ⚜

    Posts
    8,963
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    Looks like a chain email to me. Are you one of those people that pass those around? Are you my Aunt Louisa?
    Obvious Skullz is obvious.

  2. #52
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,064
    I would vote for galfordo over any candidate.

  3. #53
    macebronian Poonman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ( ͜ʖ͡)╭∩╮

    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I like to call them blacktivists.
    I call them baracktivists.

    PS: guns are cool, stop whining about them you fags.

  4. #54
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,568
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppeT View Post
    and the fact of the matter is that right now we are losing each day something of what made America great... we are turning into a third world country.
    Gas prices down since Bush left.
    Dow Jones up over 70% since Bush left.
    Unemployment down since Bush left.
    GDP growth up since Bush left.

    Man, he's really fucking this country up and turning it into a third world country. You're right!

  5. #55
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street

    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    Can you just prove #5 for me?
    here u go dumbo..

    forbes

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Gas prices down since Bush left.
    Dow Jones up over 70% since Bush left.
    Unemployment down since Bush left.
    GDP growth up since Bush left.

    Man, he's really fucking this country up and turning it into a third world country. You're right!
    you are either a troll or a total idiot. pick your trade

  6. #56
    Kyokugen's Student
    skate323k137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Earth, Dimension C137

    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppeT View Post
    here u go dumbo..

    forbes



    you are either a troll or a total idiot. pick your trade
    "It does not appear that any of the executive orders would have any impact on the guns people currently own-or would like to purchase- and that all proposals regarding limiting the availability of assault weapons or large ammunition magazines will be proposed for Congressional action. As such, any potential effort to create a constitutional crisis—or the leveling of charges that the White House has overstepped its executive authority—would hold no validity."

    Such a blatant attack on our freedoms

  7. #57
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,064
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post

    Man, he's really fucking this country up and turning it into a third world country. You're right!
    On the flip side, third world countries are having an emerging middle class (China has the largest middle class in the world now) and that's not in America's best interest.

  8. #58
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,568
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppeT View Post
    you are either a troll or a total idiot. pick your trade
    Nice factual response. Keep sucking that Fox News teet. And I was wrong on one thing, the Dow was around 7,950 when Obama took office, it's now at around 17,150. Just "trolling" with facts.

  9. #59
    Kyokugen's Student
    Kristian Meller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Denmark

    Posts
    3,181
    Facts are stupid things.

  10. #60
    All About Shooters Mod.
    If you fuck with me
    I'll stamp on you.
    Kiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Minnesota

    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by galfordo View Post
    That bitch would cry if the sun went down.
    You really are the best member on this site
    instagram: @fullextentofthejam

  11. #61
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street

    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Gas prices down since Bush left.
    Dow Jones up over 70% since Bush left.
    Unemployment down since Bush left.
    GDP growth up since Bush left.

    Man, he's really fucking this country up and turning it into a third world country. You're right!
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Nice factual response. Keep sucking that Fox News teet. And I was wrong on one thing, the Dow was around 7,950 when Obama took office, it's now at around 17,150. Just "trolling" with facts.
    Saying you are an idiot is maybe factual ... and here is why.

    - Thinks the president has anything to do with gas price drop... and maybe even assumes that this is doing any good for the economy .
    - Thinks that the DOW grew because obama is awesome..but at same time neglects the fact that the national debt has doubled most probably because of the PP team propping the market by dumping vast amounts of money in it.
    - Even dares to think that unemployment went down while we have around 35%-40 unemployment. (2x idiot stars granted for believing the government cooked rates)
    - Thinks GDP grew since Bush left ... not understanding that GDP grows each year ..and that actually it's growth has slowed since obama came to be ... for first time since 1954.

    some stars awarded for the fox news remark... as like any intelligent human being would ever watch/believe fox or any of the main stream shit media.

    And finally - trying to make a point by comparing 0bama to the worst idiot that has walked on earth - Bush.
    Last edited by MuppeT; 01-06-2016 at 02:52 AM.

  12. #62
    サイクロトロン

    Cylotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Oceanside, CA

    Posts
    3,561
    I say get rid of guns all together. where's my damn laser? it's freakin' 2016!

  13. #63
    . norton9478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sombra Corporation

    Posts
    30,451
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppeT View Post
    here u go dumbo..
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    is the same as?:

    This outrageous Executive Order could allow the federal government to track and monitor law-abiding gun owners simply because they sought medical care.
    Last edited by norton9478; 01-06-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

  14. #64
    Member starfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Derry, NH

    Posts
    36
    I have no issues with guns. I think you should be able to collect anything you want as long as it does not harm folks. But I also have no issue with registering them just like a car, and believe that we should have something available that would help keep the guns from those that would do harm on them-self and others. The real issue in my mind is that it only prevents those that follow the rules. In this country it is way to easy to get guns from folks that are not following the rules. We should really be going after them and leave the folks that follow the rules alone. a gun is a gun no mater what kind. they all kill. but in the right hands can be a fun hobby.
    -- My 2 Cents --
    P.S. Not a gun owner currently but have owned guns in the past. and please no hate mail :-)

  15. #65
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylotron View Post
    I say get rid of guns all together. where's my damn laser? it's freakin' 2016!
    Finally, a voice of reason in one of these threads.
    Whatcha gonna do?

  16. #66
    If I change my Custom
    Rank. I lose The 15YR Tag.
    MUTHA FOOKA'!
    Lagduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    New Caprica

    Posts
    36,462
    And on the same day the ATF removed the CLEO sign off requirement for the transfer, purchase, and manufacture of weapons that full under the National Firearms Act.

    Hurray! Suppressors and Short Barreled Rifles for all!

    I might just go buy a Mossberg Cruiser and form 4 it to an AOW (Smoothbore Pistol.)
    There is too much confusion.

  17. #67
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfarmer

    Where the real problem lies is in mental health. Obama and his cronies are going after our guns, and their feeling is, even though this won't stop the problem, it will make the general public feel good because we "tried" and we put our stamp on this country.

    Mental health is where they need to concentrate their time, efforts, and money into. Mental hospitals are closing up all over. Federal funding is disappearing for mental health hospitals all over. Why? for various reasons. Some aren't in compliance, some have problems that need to be corrected, some are understaffed. Sometimes insurance won't even cover patients who need the help, but can't get it because medica won't cover it. (thanks obamacare)

    http://www.startribune.com/state-psy...ing/364192201/

    Heres another good read..

    http://www.startribune.com/minn-ment...nds/250719041/

    There's an example of one in Anoka. Understaffed, people working 70 hours a week, inmates running the facility, anger issues amongst some of the people. Now, you tell me, when we have a place like this, which is on the verge of losing federal funding, where will these people go? Back out on the streets. They won't be thrown in jail. They won't be put in a hospital. They will be back out on the streets. And still have the ability to purchase a gun. So one of them is upset, goes out and buys a gun, and causes collateral damage. Now, us, as the general public, the ones who are law abiding, and able to purchase a gun, whether it's for hunting, protection, or sport, are the ones who have to deal with Obama adding gun control measures. Because they fail to address the real problem. Look at how many of these mass shootings that have happened over the past 8-10 years. How many of these shooters, have, did have, or do have a mental illness? How many claim it? How many didn't get the help they needed?

    Sit down, take a look, and start thinking about all of the murders that have been committed over the years with guns, without guns, with bombs, knives, you name it. What it all boils down to, is someone has mental issues. Someone was sick in their mind, and didn't get the help they needed. Why didn't they? Well, partially to blame is we haven't put enough money into healthcare, into mental illness hospitals and facilities.

    We all can sit here and reflect for a moment. The majority of us have carry permits. And i'm willing to bet that 100% of us, never want to have to use the power it has gave us to protect ourselves. None of us want to have to pull that weapon out and use it. Not a single one of us want to have to take another person's life. There is no want, or rush, or whatever in having to do that. Nobody wants to be faced with having to make that decision or move. Would we do it if we absolutely had to? If we were forced to make that decision between someone killing us, or a family member, or one of us having to protect our family, or ourselves? Yes, we would. But would we do it for fun? For sport? for pure enjoyment? ABSOLUTELY NOT! That is why Obama's gun control garbage is garbage! The sane, normal, people with a sound mind, aren't the problem! The angry, ones who have issues upstairs, belong in one of these mental hospitals to get the help they need, are the ones that shouldn't be allowed to have any sort of weapon. The suicidal ones, the ones that are wanting to commit suicide are the same ones who don't care how they do it, and are willing to harm others in the process. But yet they can't afford to staff them, they can't afford to keep them going because feds take money away for violations. Violations that are directly caused because they have no funding to run them properly. So the millions of dollars that Obama just threw away, and is using to try to curtail gun sales, is millions of dollars he could have put in the proper place, and used it for funding mental health. This is exactly where OBAMACARE has failed this country! And Obama himself failed us.

    Ok, my political/gun control/obamacare rant is hopefully over. I just get so fed up with the garbage these political leaders keep trying to shove down our throats when they can't see where the real problem is. Maybe they can, but don't care because they want to further their own agenda, I don't know what it is. But people can't keep electing these idiots. Our country deserves better!
    this sort of makes me think 'this' might be dong more harm than good? I suppose that guy is just biased..tldr,anyhow?

  18. #68
    Fio's Quartermaster
    Earthquake24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Twilight Zone

    Posts
    634

  19. #69
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Poonman View Post
    I call them baracktivists.

    PS: guns are cool, stop whining about them you fags.
    I think guns are cool, but at the same time, kind of unnecessary.

    Keep in mind I have minimal crime around me because I live in posh circumstances.

    But this is a fact: some people, when in control of any power imbalance, will abuse others who are weaker.

    Our police do not actually prevent crimes, they respond to crimes that have happened and usually at the point that irreparable harm has occurred. Police are not the counterweight to criminals. Making a target less attractive for exploitation is.

    If people have guns, and a castle doctrine, potential criminals will rethink whatever that have thought about.

    Take away the guns from the people, and you take away the second thought.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  20. #70
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,508
    video above: BREAKING: The NRA Just Sent Obama A BRUTAL Warning That He Will Never Forget
    Published on Dec 6, 2015

    executive ordered!

  21. #71
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

    Posts
    7,283
    "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS COMING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY!!!!"

    Give me a fucking break.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

  22. #72
    Bloodhound
    hyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    dojo tachibana

    Posts
    5,178
    how did we ever get along without him
    the last 200 years have lead us to this moment
    marvel in the wisdom yall slock-jowed foghats


  23. #73
    In truth be told
    You Have a
    Crappy username.
    100proof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Carolina

    Posts
    1,267
    1) NRA/Repubs are overreacting because they irrationally hate Obama/liberals. These orders ultimately don't do shit if you're a law-abiding gun owner and Congress will shut down the parts that are sent to them. My current guns aren't going anywhere and nothing's going to prevent me from purchasing additional guns should I choose to.

    2) This also won't stop mass shootings or curb illegal gun sales. Stopping the black market on guns requires a level of authoritarian control I wouldn't be willing to give any politician(s). Just like with drugs, prohibition doesn't do shit and disproportionately punishes poor people.

    As usual, it's political posturing that ultimately does nothing. The mental health stuff aspect COULD be helpful if we returned mental health to a state where the mentally ill are treated with the appropriate amounts of dignity and caution in relation to their condition. However, that shit won't happen as Congress is incompetent and run by the opposing party. Can thank St. Reagan for that one.

  24. #74
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,843
    It will curb suicides.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  25. #75
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California

    Posts
    23,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Chempop View Post
    The constitution that was adopted over 200 years ago should apply to the world today because not much has changed since then.. oh wait. Nevermind, I'm wrong.
    You are wrong. The principles of the constitution are just as valid today as they were then. Unfortunately people have forgotten that the true purpose of the federal government is to defend the country, not to be wealth redistributors, a nanny to minority groups, or a shill for special interests.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •