Is it a good idea to...............

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Let someone do "phoenix" job so that you don't need to deal with battery change every 5 years................? What do you think?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Let someone do "phoenix" job so that you don't need to deal with battery change every 5 years................? What do you think?

No....
Just trade your battery for a phoenixed one for those who care, they are generally regarded as more valuable to cps2 collectors. Worst case in 5 years you forget then get it done. Plus I'm sure it can happen in 5 years but I had boards that the battery still works that were much older then 5 years.... Like closer to 10 actually.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't kill a board just because you're lazy. It's not that hard to change a battery. Believe it or not but even though you have to pay for that "phoenix job" to get done, your board will actual lose value, at least to some people.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I bought a cps2 board xmen vs street fighter and it shows battery date was 1997, dang.....
of course I changed the battery immediately even though I'm not good in soldering
I just feel lazy to change battery every 5 years or so..........LOL

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you're that lazy sell it to someone who isn't and go emulation. The arcade scene requires constant maintenance.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
If you're that lazy sell it to someone who isn't and go emulation. The arcade scene requires constant maintenance.

maybe it's time for me to learn how to do arcade maintenance............
like how to repair mvs cart and detect the problem...........

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
My motto is phoenix and forget. I've seen too many boards get damaged from battery acid to warrant the "purity" of a battery powered board.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
It takes time for a battery to damage a board. As Gohan said, if you're too lazy to check your games then go emulation. You can always store your boards upside down if you're paranoid.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It takes time for a battery to damage a board. As Gohan said, if you're too lazy to check your games then go emulation. You can always store your boards upside down if you're paranoid.

Eating too much HnR makes me a lazy toad.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Phoenix and forget, people are awfully concerned about the value of their games up in here :keke:

ZOMG IT WILL LOSE $10 IN VALUE (to some collectors)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Phoenix and forget, people are awfully concerned about the value of their games up in here :keke:

ZOMG IT WILL LOSE $10 IN VALUE (to some collectors)

This ^. I can see people objecting to say making a conversion, but pheonixing a legit board with the same rom is fine. Worrying about the resale value on a game is retarded.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This thread reminds me of Angelina Jolie and how she had her perfectly fine boobs removed because she was scared she would get breast cancer one day. Now she's just another depressive Hollywood bitch with fake tits.

It's all about keeping it real guys.

Last edited:

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I generally like to have a phoenix board... eliminates the chance of battery leak and damage.. doesn't happen very often but does happen.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just throw the CPS2 boards out like you did with your MVS.