NBA Jam related question

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So I have an nba jam board that I wanna hook up in my Aero City. However, you need to hook up the player three harness in order to do two player versus. Is there any way to build some sort of adapter like the atlas that would allow that harness to plug in without having to rewire my entire player two harness?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can probably make you one. Same cab, right? You just need to have the 3P controls routed to the 2P controls on the JAMMA harness, correct?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I can probably make you one. Same cab, right? You just need to have the 3P controls routed to the 2P controls on the JAMMA harness, correct?

Yeah I think that's all I need. Now I'm second guessing myself that I need to have the player 1 controls modified too. Ill toss the board into the cab tonight to double check. I do know for sure that I need to have the entire player 3 harness routed to the normal player two inputs on the jamma harness.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah I think that's all I need. Now I'm second guessing myself that I need to have the player 1 controls modified too. Ill toss the board into the cab tonight to double check. I do know for sure that I need to have the entire player 3 harness routed to the normal player two inputs on the jamma harness.

once you verify shoot me a PM.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Will do! Thanks man!

Just a guess.... But is there not a 2 player mode in the dip switches or a 2p rom set you could burn to retain functionality without having to route player 3 to player 2?

Edit:

According to this there is a dip switch to change to 2p mode
f74d97873eba883f89a9d63c66af8517.jpg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya we figured this out in PMs...lol I don't know how I forgot about that when I used to own an NBA Jam for a while and played it that way.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yeah I owned some version of NBA Jam for almost 12 years now and I've never known about this feature. Learn something new everyday. Thanks folks!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
If anyone wants a real treat play Jam on mameox on a modded OG Xbox. The game runs fine but the sound effects are so fucked up it makes the game 100x more enjoyable.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
If anyone wants a real treat play Jam on mameox on a modded OG Xbox. The game runs fine but the sound effects are so fucked up it makes the game 100x more enjoyable.

Sweet, I'm all about shitty SFX.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Unrelated, but this is the game that made me build an ultra ghetto SG in like 2002. If anyone cares, I've got at least one copy of the manual, maybe a spare, but I assume by now scans of all that are available online.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Unrelated, but this is the game that made me build an ultra ghetto SG in like 2002. If anyone cares, I've got at least one copy of the manual, maybe a spare, but I assume by now scans of all that are available online.

I actually have the full kit...probably should have opened that manual long ago. Haha.