Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 221 of 221

Thread: Berserk Lost Children Arc Anime Coming

  1. #201
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    31,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Reddit is another dumpster fire that needs a few more scandals. It has its uses, but it's become such a well known gathering point for keyboard warriors that it's developed a mystique for being an informative location despite its mountain of flaws, just like NeoGAF.
    reddit is full of people who think they know everything but don't really. The voting system also reinforces posting lowest common denominator shit that gets reposted. It's strange what people will do for karma. But check out /r/asoiaf sometime. Interesting theories and discussions about the book series mainly.

  2. #202
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    reddit is full of people who think they know everything but don't really. The voting system also reinforces posting lowest common denominator shit that gets reposted. It's strange what people will do for karma. But check out /r/asoiaf sometime. Interesting theories and discussions about the book series mainly.
    You know, I think my problem with the big sites is the inherent corruption in the administration that always comes up. Reddit had their issues with authoritarianism, NeoGAF has suffered a near crippling blow after the harassment allegations against the site's owner, Facebook and Twitter have routinely been shown to be dishonest and pernicious, hell even SNOPES is no longer a trustworthy source.

    I guess I am just naturally suspicious of large sites because once you have that many people tending to them at once, they're bound to unravel eventually.

    I don't know, maybe this all really means I don't like big government, lol

    Really, I just need to get better at finding the silver linings on the internet.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  3. #203
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,383
    Miura has the next installment ready for delivery by 12/22, so expect the fanslation a week later.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  4. #204
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    I don't know what my life will be like if Casca is restored.

    Her damaged mental state has been one of the series' defining staples.

    Brave new world.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  5. #205
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Also, preorders are open for the first 12 episodes of Berserk 2016 on BD. It's a little pricey but for those of you out there that want to support the franchise, here you go:

    Berserk Season 1 Blu-Ray/DVD Combo

    Berserk Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Combo


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  6. #206
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,383
    What are the chances that Casca joins Griffiths? Kind of like Silk Spector secretly loving The Comedian because he gave her a daughter.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  7. #207
    Athena's Stalker
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Go forth; touch the Demon inside me. Let these ownerless souls become thine own.

    Posts
    3,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Also, preorders are open for the first 12 episodes of Berserk 2016 on BD. It's a little pricey but for those of you out there that want to support the franchise, here you go:

    Berserk Season 1 Blu-Ray/DVD Combo

    Berserk Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Combo
    Wait, is this a remaster of the first series of the Berserk anime? I just picked up the whole damn series on DVD from rightstuff a few months back. This is one series that is definitely in need of a remaster.

    I've been reading through the manga for the last month or so. pounding out a book or two every week. On number 8 now.

    Book 3 was intense. That part where Gambino sold him to that dude who raped him in the ass when he was a kid.

    Such a great series, maybe my favorite ever already.
    The new Castlevania Anime lookin Fire AF.

  8. #208
    Fio's Quartermaster
    NeuroticMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California

    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    Wait, is this a remaster of the first series of the Berserk anime? I just picked up the whole damn series on DVD from rightstuff a few months back. This is one series that is definitely in need of a remaster.

    I've been reading through the manga for the last month or so. pounding out a book or two every week. On number 8 now.

    Book 3 was intense. That part where Gambino sold him to that dude who raped him in the ass when he was a kid.

    Such a great series, maybe my favorite ever already.
    The Blurays are for the 2016 series, so far as I know the '97 series has yet to be properly remastered in any English speaking regions for bluray

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    What are the chances that Casca joins Griffiths? Kind of like Silk Spector secretly loving The Comedian because he gave her a daughter.
    Well, except Griffith raping her caused her to miscarry Guts' child
    Last edited by NeuroticMoose; 12-07-2017 at 12:22 AM.

  9. #209
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    What are the chances that Casca joins Griffiths? Kind of like Silk Spector secretly loving The Comedian because he gave her a daughter.
    I don't think they're very big. I can't say for certain, but Casca isn't going to truly realize what Griffith did until her reconstructed psyche witnesses it again. It seems like a deeply suppressed experience that, once she's mended, I'd wager she won't take to very well.

    If Casca forgives Griffith, or sees any value in what he did, it will ruin the story in my opinion. No matter how much she submits to his dream, I can't buy her saying 'It's all right that you fed all of our friends to the monsters and then raped me to try and break Guts and also impregnate me with a future body for yourself. I know you just wanted to be a king.'

    Fuck that. She doesn't have to want revenge. Her feelings can be more complicated than that. But if she approves, in any way, of what he did, I may fly to Japan and stomp a mudhole in Miura's ass myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedostick
    Wait, is this a remaster of the first series of the Berserk anime? I just picked up the whole damn series on DVD from rightstuff a few months back. This is one series that is definitely in need of a remaster.
    No, this is a BD release of the first twelve episodes of the 2016 anime. The BD touches up a bunch of scenes, makes them look better and adds in some content that had to be censored for the Japanese television broadcast.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  10. #210
    Mai's Stalker
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,908
    I couldn't agree more taiso. Having casca join the fold of Griffith sounds like a bad creative direction.

    I am still very excited to see casca back, if she comes back.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  11. #211
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Been a few months, so I thought I'd just share this (from Evil Genius' scanlation):

    Berserk_v40c354p22.png


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  12. #212
    Athena's Stalker
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Go forth; touch the Demon inside me. Let these ownerless souls become thine own.

    Posts
    3,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Been a few months, so I thought I'd just share this (from Evil Genius' scanlation):

    Berserk_v40c354p22.png
    Cool. I'm still pounding through the manga. Really good.
    The new Castlevania Anime lookin Fire AF.

  13. #213
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,383
    The last chapter was kind of sad. Felt like nightmare Femto ruined a chance at a happy ending.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  14. #214
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    The last chapter was kind of sad. Felt like nightmare Femto ruined a chance at a happy ending.
    I know. It's like Miura never learned anything from Idol Master.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  15. #215
    Mai's Stalker
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    I know. It's like Miura never learned anything from Idol Master.
    If we have learned anything from his writing style the worst is yet to come.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  16. #216
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    In case you didn't know, the second coer of Berserk 2016 (2017?) was released on Blu-ray earlier this month.

    Like the first coer, they took some time to clean up some of the poor animation and give us uncensored versions of some of the racier parts.

    Especially of note is the famous GIF of Guts walking away from his companions in the forest after his encounter with the aspect of Slaan. It actually looks consistent with the earlier episodes now. The scene where Zodd crushes his minion's head is still pretty bad, but in different ways.

    I think the problem with this episode's technical shortcomings is that trying too hard to clean it up might have been too costly, given its many visual shortcomings. It probably couldn't be salvaged and it would have been too costly to do a '2.0' of that episode.

    Having watched it all again over a year later, I find myself still compelled by this series even though it fell WELL short of mark as an adaptation of this masterwork. I still like this series and wouldn't mind seeing more of it. I think, maybe, they need to look at how other studios, more adept at CGI, work their magic. I'd even welcome a Studio 4C effort but I think I'd prefer Wit and Production I.G. to take a shot at it. They did Attack on Titan, which isn't that great of a show but that has to do more with the ultimately unsatisfying story and less with the anime's technical pedigree, which is rock solid.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  17. #217
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,383
    Worth it?
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  18. #218
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Worth it?
    If you liked the series the first time you watched it, I believe there's value in watching the remastered versions. But as with the first coer, this will not win over anyone that wasn't on board for the TV edits.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  19. #219
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    If you liked the series the first time you watched it, I believe there's value in watching the remastered versions. But as with the first coer, this will not win over anyone that wasn't on board for the TV edits.
    Which is most of the reddit group thinkers.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  20. #220
    Remembers The North
    Taiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Illinois, USA

    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Which is most of the reddit group thinkers.
    I don't think this anime adaptation is a strong enough interpretation of the series that it should be championed on the internet. Sun Tzu would probably advise against trying to take that particular hill.

    I can only tell you, anecdotally, that I have yet to meet or speak with an individual, in person, that didn't enjoy the series. Even those that had an issue with the uneven CGI and sometimes questionable direction were very moderate about their criticisms. Most of them felt, as I do, that the story is arresting enough to overcome the flaws in its visual presentation.

    Most of these internet Berserk experts believe the Dragonslayer is a sword but still want us to accept that their analysis of the series is supreme.
    Last edited by Taiso; 07-01-2018 at 09:22 AM.


    "Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

    "You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

    Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

  21. #221
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    I don't think this anime adaptation is a strong enough interpretation of the series that it should be championed on the internet. Sun Tzu would probably advise against trying to take that particular hill.

    I can only tell you, anecdotally, that I have yet to meet or speak with an individual, in person, that didn't enjoy the series. Even those that had an issue with the uneven CGI and sometimes questionable direction were very moderate about their criticisms. Most of them felt, as I do, that the story is arresting enough to overcome the flaws in its visual presentation.

    Most of these internet Berserk experts believe the Dragonslayer is a sword but still want us to accept that their analysis of the series is supreme.
    These same guys upvote each other for getting brand tattoos or drawing awkward moments between Guts and Shierke.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •