Berserk Lost Children Arc Anime Coming

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
While I completely agree there has been some exceptions...Redline had a good dub and then theres stuff like Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust that was made in English

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So this is only going to be 12 episodes. Kind of sad about that. No word on any kind of follow up, so it looks like this will only be conviction, and will likely end with Guts promising never to leave Caska by herself again. I can't say that for certain but at only 12 eps, I can't see how they can take it any further than that, unless they do yet another cliffhanger ending like they did with Berserk '97 and the movie trilogy.

I'm unsure of whether or not this is due to public backlash, bad ratings, the inability to merchandise this particular show or if it was always planned at 12 eps. I can only hope that it gets to live again in another form, but if it's not profitable, this may be the end for Berserk anime for a while. Hope not, though.

I mean, I don't NEED Berserk to be animated but I've been enjoying this quite a bit. At least the game is coming in October. Right around my birthday, too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So this is only going to be 12 episodes. Kind of sad about that. No word on any kind of follow up, so it looks like this will only be conviction, and will likely end with Guts promising never to leave Caska by herself again. I can't say that for certain but at only 12 eps, I can't see how they can take it any further than that, unless they do yet another cliffhanger ending like they did with Berserk '97 and the movie trilogy.

I'm unsure of whether or not this is due to public backlash, bad ratings, the inability to merchandise this particular show or if it was always planned at 12 eps. I can only hope that it gets to live again in another form, but if it's not profitable, this may be the end for Berserk anime for a while. Hope not, though.

I mean, I don't NEED Berserk to be animated but I've been enjoying this quite a bit. At least the game is coming in October. Right around my birthday, too.

Someone should ask how much is needed to green light another season.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Dubs are abominations.

Not a bebop or baccano fan I take it?
While I completely agree there has been some exceptions...Redline had a good dub and then theres stuff like Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust that was made in English

There's numerous animes imo that are much better watched dub (basically anything Shinchiro Watanabe makes) but I definitely watch 90% my anime subbed!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Not a bebop or baccano fan I take it?

There's numerous animes imo that are much better watched dub (basically anything Shinchiro Watanabe makes) but I definitely watch 90% my anime subbed!

I watch most of mine dubbed. i prefer it. You miss whats going on when your forced to read everything and it takes away from the emotion.

And 1000000000000000% agree watanabe animes are the best. But what is baccano?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

Man this makes me really sad I was really hoping this was gonna eventually go to where the Manga is at right now :(

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
That's damn annoying. Anime series seem to always be around the 24 episode mark, why not this one? Hopefully it is doing well enough to warrant another series.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Some are 24 and others are 12. I've seen a number of 12 episode seasons/series in recent years. Sometimes shows are done in a '2 cour' format, where they show one arc and then they show another arc at a different time of the year.

Despite being CGI, this show has a very detailed and unique visual style, especially in terms of the model mapping and textures. There is really nothing else that looks quite like it, and it may take more time to produce than normal episodes of another series.

It's not a certainty that this show won't get more episodes. And there were all those initial reports of a 24 episode order so who can say?

To read more about the 'cour' airing style, check this link out.

Last edited:

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I watch most of mine dubbed. i prefer it. You miss whats going on when your forced to read everything and it takes away from the emotion.

And 1000000000000000% agree watanabe animes are the best. But what is baccano?

I feel you dude! I used to watch my anime exclusively dubbed when I was in middle school/early HS but eventually I exhausted my supply of good anime with good dubs believe it or not and was essentially forced to transition to subs. I appreciate it now but it was a rigorous shift.

Baccano is basically a ragtime era 16 episode series that is intentionally difficult to describe but it has one of the best dubs imo ever made. When you have a show set in great depression era America its best suited with American VA's . If anyone's watching 91 days I think you'll understand. Here's a trailer if you need a better pitch!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Watched the last episode, and it's like crack cocaine. High doesn't last long enough. These guys need to get paid.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Just watched the 7th and 8th episode and they absolutely nailed it, they were perfect imo. They followed the manga perfectly touching on all the important events and dialogue. I really hope it isnt ending in 12 episodes like Taiso said this absolutely NEEDS to keep going. If they are cutting the show short because of Berserk fans bitching about this anime then, shame on you and youre not a real Berserk fan. I hate to say it but a lot of Berserk fans are a bunch of baby back bitches and they ruin it for the rest of us.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The fight against Mozgov and his helpers was epic in the manga. I don't know how the producers will fit it all in 20 minutes. It may need to take up 11 and 12.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
The fight against Mozgov and his helpers was epic in the manga. I don't know how the producers will fit it all in 20 minutes. It may need to take up 11 and 12.

Yeah I hope they do make the fight against Mozgov 2 episodes that would be awesome.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I haven't watched the last episode of Berserk 2016 but there is excellent news! There WILL be more Berserk in 2017!

Crunchyroll has the scoop.

Very pleased to hear this.

I am working out my thoughts for a review of Berserk 2016.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Is 12 the last one of the season? If so, my Fridays will feel a little more empty :(

It's too bad the game isn't coming out sooner than Feb., it would have been a nice way to bridge the gap and keep people's hunger for all things Berserk in check.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
This is it for the anime until Spring 2017.

But the game is coming out in Japan on 10/27. I will have it a few days after because I prereserved the LE version. Man, two days after my birthday.

Of course, I will be streaming and will let you all know in case you want to see it in action. If you're on PSN, maybe I'll even get a party going so we can all chat it up while I do so:)

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This is it for the anime until Spring 2017.

But the game is coming out in Japan on 10/27. I will have it a few days after because I prereserved the LE version. Man, two days after my birthday.

Of course, I will be streaming and will let you all know in case you want to see it in action. If you're on PSN, maybe I'll even get a party going so we can all chat it up while I do so:)

Yeah I was really glad to read that there was gonna be another season. I didnt know you streamed, Whats your twitch account name I will give you a follow.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yes! Just ended the series at the end they said the next arc is coming 2017!

If im not busy ill watch your stream that day sounds awesome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Finale was amazing, and the entire season as a whole was superb. Things that didn't make sense to me in the manga made more sense in the show this time around. The art was top shelf. 10/10 would watch again.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm surprised by how soon, but Berserk is back! Eps. 13-14 came out today from HorribleSubs; watching 13 right now!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Its awesome, glad its back