Berserk Lost Children Arc Anime Coming

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'm enjoying it to be honest, watched the 3 episodes released so far and yeah not bad at all.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Watched 1 and a half episode and really loving it so far. I havent read this arc in years but it all looks so familiar. Good to see they arent pulling punches. Also glad to see Hirasawa is in this.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I'm pretty excited about this finally being released but I am horrible at waiting when a series is going so I will probably wait until the whole thing is done then binge watch.

The berserk musou game looks like it could be amazing though. May finally need to plunk down the cash for a PS4.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I'm pretty excited about this finally being released but I am horrible at waiting when a series is going so I will probably wait until the whole thing is done then binge watch.

The berserk musou game looks like it could be amazing though. May finally need to plunk down the cash for a PS4.

You need a PS4 anyways there freaking awesome! Plus the game is coming to Vita. Which is AWESOME! I will buy it for both platforms.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Episode 4 aired and set us up for whats to come. Man im loving every episode!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Episode 4 was really strong, probably my favorite one so far. I like that they aren't resorting to the typical pacing issues that most adapted manga suffers from. They're giving every scene just the right amount of time to establish the characters and the events. This show is really satisfying my requirements to be considered a success in most respects.

Just picked up my 9mm Parabellum Bullet single for Inferno, which just came out two days ago. Haven't listened to it yet but I really like the song and it's growing on me more with every listen. Not as good as the Berserk 2016 insert song 'Hai Yo', 'Sign' from the PS2 game or Aria from the 2012 movie trilogy. But it's significantly better than Tell Me Why from the '97 series. For me, I'd put it in the same level of appeal as Ai's Utsukushimono, although Inferno is a vastly different song.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mozgov and crew were great. This feels so close to the manga. I am really digging it.

cat

Thanks for not lying.
I never tell fib's wasabi, unless it comes to the length of my sword lol.
And episode 4 was boss, this anime is shaping up to be something special, i'm in.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Just got done with the third episode. A bit oddly paced and the end credits rolling over Guts' conversation with Serpico seemed kind of...strangely final, as though the first three episodes were originally supposed to be a pilot movie or something that ended that arc while potentially setting up later arcs. Still, the episode moved fast and I didn't notice the time go by. Also, I loved the return to Midland an the impending invasion of Emperor Ganishka's forces. Man, if they show this shit, it's going to get bloody.

A little disappointed that the scene with possessed Farnese straddling the Dragonslayer used 'strategic' angles to keep from being too graphic but I understand why since it's a TV show. The important thing is that the tone of the scene was correct and I feel they're nailing the characters very well.

But I was really mostly thrilled about the stuff with Midland at the end. I'm so glad that this show is going to be ambitious and include many of these major and very complicated plot points.

Also, seeing Mozgus in the preview for episode 4 was fucking awesome. Guess that means they are actually skipping past the Rosine stuff and going right to the Tower and the bulk of the Conviction arc. Since you have so many characters to add to Guts' group, such as Isidro, Farnese and Serpico, as well as getting Casca into the mix, it's probably better that they're skipping over the arc.

As a massive Berserk fan, I acknowledge that we are losing something with the discarding of Lost Children, but I'm going to try to appreciate the show for its intentions rather than bitching about what's missing. As long as the core concepts and spirit are preserved, I can deal with a few omissions.

I am really loving the look of the show now and here's why

I just watched a few other anime, even some that have sparing amounts of CGI in them and other than Gundam: The Origin, they all look homogenized. They all look the fucking same. All the same boring art style, all the same shitty textures, all the same shortcuts in technique.

Berserk, for all of its copious CGI, looks different from everything else out there. Different from everything I've ever seen. It has a unique visual identity and I fucking love that distinction about it. Just like the manga, it's very much its own thing and I am glad for that.

I agree with everything youre saying except for skipping the lost children arc I think they really should have included it and disagree with the omission of it. I think that arc had a lot to offer for guts character develop and realizing that he has no bounds to how far he will go to kill apostles. I also thought it was a great arc in understanding the Behelit's a little better and offered some more character development for puck. That was an entire volume of information and it has me a little worried that they might be going too fast and skip too many parts of the Manga.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I agree with everything youre saying except for skipping the lost children arc I think they really should have included it and disagree with the omission of it. I think that arc had a lot to offer for guts character develop and realizing that he has no bounds to how far he will go to kill apostles. I also thought it was a great arc in understanding the Behelit's a little better and offered some more character development for puck. That was an entire volume of information and it has me a little worried that they might be going too fast and skip too many parts of the Manga.

This is what worries me. What else they skip for the sake of nostalgia and to take advantage of it for their own intrests. But lets hope no more gets omitted.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
5th episode keeps it going.

Honestly, I'm starting to just laugh at the Berserk fans that don't like the anime. Personally, I think it's hitting the mark. These people...

cat

I've just snatched episode 5 so i'll be watching it tomorrow.
Gotta agree with you as well Taiso, i can't see why so many berserk fan's are hating on the new show, it's never going to be perfect, but meh, it could be far, far worse.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've just snatched episode 5 so i'll be watching it tomorrow.
Gotta agree with you as well Taiso, i can't see why so many berserk fan's are hating on the new show, it's never going to be perfect, but meh, it could be far, far worse.

Oh, I completely understand why some people are vocal about how much they hate it.

-They think the CGI is bad
-Missing/skipping storylines
-Misinterpreting characters (according to them)
-They don't like the soundtrack
-Not understanding the source material

Basically, they believe it's getting everything wrong. And if you say you like it, you get jumped on for not sharing their viewpoint.

And you can't even make a case. They won't hear it.

So I understand their frustration.

But they're really just crying that the show isn't what they think it should be. By and large, they can't see it for what it is.

You can't win with these people. Don't even bother trying.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
This show is fantastic !! I haven't been into anything like this since many many years. The athmosphere is great, I also think the animation honors the style of the mangas and the sound of his sword is just amazing !

I can't understand why people wouldn't like this, I just hope it gets enough viewers and profits in Japan, to keep it going.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Puck is to this show as Farnese is to the haters.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Puck is to this show as Farnese is to the haters.

I love puck hes an awesome character imo. Just watched the new episode and I really liked it, best one yet and they hit on everything that they needed to. Hope they make a few more episodes out of the conviction arc as there is a lot going on.

cat

Oh, I completely understand why some people are vocal about how much they hate it.
Yeah i do as well Taiso, but personally i'll put up with the cgi and the gaps in the plot.
It's a tough ask to do the manga justice when it's so well loved by the fan's.
To be honest i only started reading the manga because of the 97 anime, i wanted to know what happened after the eclipse.
I'd never heard of it before i watched the anime and i was hooked after the first episode.
But back on track the only other anime series that's had me this hyped in recent years was ghost hound, and that was about 8 years ago now, so they're doing something right for me at least.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My allegory was meant as a metaphor.

Puck is awesome but Farnese can't see him.

This show is awesome but the haters can't see it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Puck's exchange with Isidoro after he catches up to them was great; just enough levity without breaking the mood.

Yet another great episode that's really got me excited to see the Incarnation Ritual. I hope we get to see a bit of background on Nobody, I really felt for him in the manga.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Man that animation looks so bad, I love the story of gatsu but I don't think I can get into that. Bring back old school anime.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's not coming back. Even if the industry gets healthy again, companies will continue to cut corners, understaff production and overwork them. This is the new business model and it will never go back to 2D hand drawn as the norm.

It's over. A fully hand drawn show that doesn't look like complete shit is too rare to rely on now.