Berserk Lost Children Arc Anime Coming

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Truthfully, I'm happy with it. I'd love to read the manga, but I just don't have the patience to hunt it all down. 97 series, DC gane and movies are my link to that world. The ps2 game is now accessible to me since I can now read japanese quite well. That all said I'm very happy this even happend I know you guys hate the 3d of this show, but I feel like it's better then nothing.

Knowing more about the skull knight would be great.

Too bad you didnt live by me I have volumes 1-37 that I always let people borrow to read. I try to tell as many people possible that like to read manga about it cause everyone should read it through once. Even in this new episode they left a couple things out that happened in the Manga but overall I thought it was pretty close.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Too bad you didnt live by me I have volumes 1-37 that I always let people borrow to read. I try to tell as many people possible that like to read manga about it cause everyone should read it through once. Even in this new episode they left a couple things out that happened in the Manga but overall I thought it was pretty close.

Bless you, you bad ass guy!!!
I'm sure I could find the Mangas to read online.....just feel like a pirate not paying for it.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Not a huge fan of the animation in this. But fuck me, I really don't care. The episode took me straight back to the first book, and just made me hungry for more.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Truthfully, I'm happy with it. I'd love to read the manga, but I just don't have the patience to hunt it all down. 97 series, DC gane and movies are my link to that world. The ps2 game is now accessible to me since I can now read japanese quite well. That all said I'm very happy this even happend I know you guys hate the 3d of this show, but I feel like it's better then nothing.

Knowing more about the skull knight would be great.

Not relevant but MY 400TH POST!* lol

There is a ton of websites that have the manga available online you can read for free, even some mobile apps. When ever you get the feeling you can just pick up a book right where you left off and always at your finger tips.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Also, if you're dead set on owning the manga, there's this amazing place on the internet called Amazon, and the prices are all less than cover.

The 3D is definitely an acquired taste but it's not 'bad'. I just think that the hate for the 3D is, in a general sense, the conjoined voice of tiresome purists that refuse to accept it because they feel they feel it's antithetical to Miura's hand drawn approach to the manga. Just because something is visibly 3D doesn't mean it's bad. What would make it good? Not being able to notice it?

Sorry, I just don't agree with the notion that its bad. The fight scenes are great and the rest of the show looks just fine. Not perfect, but it works well enough.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
i hear this is super good so i will give it a try this weekend the films that were coming out recently were great and yeah we need a game the dreamcast game was great and its been too long

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
i hear this is super good so i will give it a try this weekend the films that were coming out recently were great and yeah we need a game the dreamcast game was great and its been too long

Yes!!! A new game would be great!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Um....

In Japan on 9/21/16, confirmed for Western release but no date yet.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I did not pay attention to E3 this year nothing sounded good except that conan game that got delayed. But this...THIS! Words cannot describe how I feel... goosebumps....

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I watched it again and the animation style didn't bother me at all this time. I still think the skeletons looked pretty bad, but its nothing that will ruin the series for me.

I'm just happy with anything Berserk to be honest. I really like the movies, which I know a lot of fans disagree with. If I want to introduce a friend to Berserk properly then I'd show them the original series, but if time is an issue then I think the movies do a good job.

I'm really hoping this new series does well and they can continue to cover the manga. They have so many volumes to work through and I'd love to see them do all of it.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I found this interesting link via reddit. It's a promotional video hyping the new anime series with interviews with a lot of the production staff, voice actors and musicians involved. It's not translated but I still think it's an interesting video. The thing I find most interesting is the amount of older people involved with the production. I would have figured that, given the generous amounts of CGI involved, this would be a production by a lot of younger dudes. Anyway, I think it's a neat clip that hardcore Berserk fans will appreciate.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av5028022/

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just watched the second episode. It's holding up so far. The tension is very well represented by the director's skillful use of the camera, the appropriate ose of the music bed and the voice acting and sound design. Despite knowing how all of this turns out, I'm invested because they're capturing the moment well. The flashbacks are being very well used to give Guts' persona and decisions the right context as well.

I really want the OST for the TV show. LOTS of cool remixes from Shiro Sagisu's movie trilogy score. And Susumu Hirasawa's Hai Yo is really great too.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just finished ep 2 as well, and I have to agree that despite knowing what will happen, there is still a feeling of tension because the delivery is on point.
The only frustrating thing at this point is wishing the eps were longer or more frequent; I just wish I could have this all at once. When today's episode ended, I just growled "Arrrghhh, I can't believe I have to wait another week!". That said, I feel the same way about the manga...

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
At lest the manga finally started back up again, and with monthly installments (for now).

Casca's restoration has to be coming soon. It will definitely be the most important chapter of the manga since the Eclipse.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just got done with the third episode. A bit oddly paced and the end credits rolling over Guts' conversation with Serpico seemed kind of...strangely final, as though the first three episodes were originally supposed to be a pilot movie or something that ended that arc while potentially setting up later arcs. Still, the episode moved fast and I didn't notice the time go by. Also, I loved the return to Midland an the impending invasion of Emperor Ganishka's forces. Man, if they show this shit, it's going to get bloody.

A little disappointed that the scene with possessed Farnese straddling the Dragonslayer used 'strategic' angles to keep from being too graphic but I understand why since it's a TV show. The important thing is that the tone of the scene was correct and I feel they're nailing the characters very well.

But I was really mostly thrilled about the stuff with Midland at the end. I'm so glad that this show is going to be ambitious and include many of these major and very complicated plot points.

Also, seeing Mozgus in the preview for episode 4 was fucking awesome. Guess that means they are actually skipping past the Rosine stuff and going right to the Tower and the bulk of the Conviction arc. Since you have so many characters to add to Guts' group, such as Isidro, Farnese and Serpico, as well as getting Casca into the mix, it's probably better that they're skipping over the arc.

As a massive Berserk fan, I acknowledge that we are losing something with the discarding of Lost Children, but I'm going to try to appreciate the show for its intentions rather than bitching about what's missing. As long as the core concepts and spirit are preserved, I can deal with a few omissions.

I am really loving the look of the show now and here's why

I just watched a few other anime, even some that have sparing amounts of CGI in them and other than Gundam: The Origin, they all look homogenized. They all look the fucking same. All the same boring art style, all the same shitty textures, all the same shortcuts in technique.

Berserk, for all of its copious CGI, looks different from everything else out there. Different from everything I've ever seen. It has a unique visual identity and I fucking love that distinction about it. Just like the manga, it's very much its own thing and I am glad for that.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I dont mind the animation or cgi, its actually fine. But skippimg arcs I dont much care for...

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Just watched it they only skipped that weird town with the guy who had his limbs eaten correct?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
ugg damn, I really did not dig the first 2 episodes, I'll keep trying but so far the new anime is not for me. I wanted to love this so bad. Seeing all the positive reactions in here makes me a bit worried that in my old age I no longer find berserk cool. :(

Trailer for the game seems pretty damn cool and I hate dynasty warriors games, so I must have some love for berserk in my heart still......but this anime is not playing my heart strings at all.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
ugg damn, I really did not dig the first 2 episodes, I'll keep trying but so far the new anime is not for me. I wanted to love this so bad. Seeing all the positive reactions in here makes me a bit worried that in my old age I no longer find berserk cool. :(

Trailer for the game seems pretty damn cool and I hate dynasty warriors games, so I must have some love for berserk in my heart still......but this anime is not playing my heart strings at all.

Why do you feel your affection for Berserk is fading?

If you had to pinpoint it, if you had to give reasons, what would they be?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Watched the first three episodes last night, and I'm enjoying it. I'm not a huge fan of the animation (especially because I *loved* the animation in the original series), but I'm approaching this the same way as the movies... I've been waiting almost twenty years for this; I'll put up with a lot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't see any problem with the episodes other than Farnese's old Asian woman voice, and the typical weeaboo Asian female noises, that were mostly non existent in the original series.