Berserk Lost Children Arc Anime Coming

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Saw it on Crunchyroll and ANN.

First post Golden Age storylines to ever be adapted to anime. I would say 'visual medium' but the PS2 game recreates many of the events of the manga up to the Berserk armor, but still...this is decent news.

c4c44c3b049924818c408fcab2f98d411450707962_full.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Maybe some day the manga will have a conclusion

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
First he gets off the boat, now there's an Anime announced that doesn't just rehash the Golden Age?

2015 was ok.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I want a new berserk game with a playable zodd and silat.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
They can never seem to get a Berserk game right, even though I think both the DC and PS2 game were fun, if only because you got to hack through scores of enemies.

I was a bit bummed to hear that the series will be going on hiatus again until Summer 2016, though. I get it. Berserk's manga chapters are a real production and take time. But Jesus fucking Christ he's been telling this same story since 1989. He's got 7 years on Martin.

Why do I like stories that don't ever end? FML

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I always ask myself "why do the chapters take so damn long!?", and then I remember chapter 334: City of Men, showing off Griffith's Royal Capital. The attention to detail is to be applauded, but releases you can count on one hand per year is pretty disheartening.
Still, some Berserk news (other than hiatus notices) is better than no news.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
While I'm excited for a new anime too, a ending to the manga would be nice. I'm afraid Miura will die before he ends it. Martin too now that I think about it. Unfortunately it's happened before with other writers and artists.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
This took way too long to happen. Been waiting about 15 years.

They can never seem to get a Berserk game right, even though I think both the DC and PS2 game were fun, if only because you got to hack through scores of enemies.

I was a bit bummed to hear that the series will be going on hiatus again until Summer 2016, though. I get it. Berserk's manga chapters are a real production and take time. But Jesus fucking Christ he's been telling this same story since 1989. He's got 7 years on Martin.

Why do I like stories that don't ever end? FML

Well for me, I'm not all the way caught up in the manga so the hiatus news doesn't annoy me too bad...yet.

I liked both games as well although I never finished the second one. That PS2 game had this thing where you were supposed revisit a stage after you beat it. If you clear it the second time and defeat all the enemies, you got some kind of bonus...don't remember what. I couldn't bring myself to not complete everything. So, I got pretty far and ended up getting to a stage that was hard as hell to clear and I just could never beat the last horde without dying. I ended up putting it down and never finished it.

It was a really cool game though. Way better then the Dreamcast game which was also good. The opening video and song "Signs" by Susumu Hirasawa is amazing.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I can't wait for this. It'll be great to finally have some anime of something outside the Golden Age Arc.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
This looks good i still rate the original as the best anime series i've ever seen, lost touch with the manga after berserk 326 sirens, ( the whole pirate/sea god story started to drag a bit for me ) but i'll go back to it one day.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
This is some great news. Reminds me i need to catch up with the Manga

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Is the Berserk manga anywhere near an ending? Like does it show signs of wrapping up or does it still have a long time to go?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Man I'm really hyped up for this

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
That trailer literally gave me goose bumps and I am so f***ing hype right now omg I can't wait berserk is godlike

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Is the Berserk manga anywhere near an ending? Like does it show signs of wrapping up or does it still have a long time to go?

I know this is a six month old question, but the answer is "Who knows?" It could end in half a year or it could take another ten years. There is simply no way to know.

Presently, there's a subplot developing on the elf island where Puck lives, which the characters have FINALLY reached, but whether or not the first battle and the introduction of all these 'witch' characters means a new arc or that they're adding some new characters to set up the final arc is unknown.

There's just still so much to resolve...

Also, that trailer...awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I like the art direction in the trailer. But not the animation. Ugh, I miss hand animation.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The art direction is unlike anything I've seen in anime before. It is a wholly unique visual style, and I really like it. It's like I'm looking at the manga animated, rather than an anime 'adaptation' if that makes any sense.

I'm even starting to warm a little to the CGI. Some of the textures look really cool, and the things they are doing with the perspective and the rotating angles could turn out to be something really special. We won't know until we see it, of course, but I'm excited.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The art direction is unlike anything I've seen in anime before. It is a wholly unique visual style, and I really like it. It's like I'm looking at the manga animated, rather than an anime 'adaptation' if that makes any sense.

I'm even starting to warm a little to the CGI. Some of the textures look really cool, and the things they are doing with the perspective and the rotating angles could turn out to be something really special. We won't know until we see it, of course, but I'm excited.

I'm loving that sketch line look that's used for all the shadow, like in the character's faces; it really lends itself well to that manga look you mention and helps take the otherwise stiff CG visuals to the next level.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

I agree, I hear a lot of people complaining about the animation (including my brother) but I think its really awesome

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The animation is unsettling in the same way the Appleseed 2004 movie is.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
The animation is unsettling in the same way the Appleseed 2004 movie is.

I liked the Appleseed movie overall but the animations I feel like they tried to do too much cause they seemed really choppy at points. Berserk is just weird at first seeing in 3d I think but after watching the trailer a couple times its starting to grow on me.