Whats the best Metal Slug games in order

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
2OC>1>X>3>XX>5>2>6>4

Could never get over the slowdown in 2, but playing it overclocked on PSN It's now my favorite. Got to finally talk a friend into playing X online. It just wasn't as much fun as 2OC.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Metal 1
Metal 3
Metal 2
Metal X
Metal 5
Metal 4

Olaf%20Metal%20Face.jpg

That's his fuckin' metal face.

madman

3 will always be the best .. multiple paths, lots of vehicles, twists ! infinite levels .. wow

Ban plz.

I got MS2 Turbo this week...gotta admit, it finally feels like a proper Neo Geo game. X > 2 still, but it's a closer race than it was prior to the patch. I ran into some weird glitches with background colors freaking out, but otherwise it seems like a nice upgrade.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Ban plz.

I got MS2 Turbo this week...gotta admit, it finally feels like a proper Neo Geo game. X > 2 still, but it's a closer race than it was prior to the patch. I ran into some weird glitches with background colors freaking out, but otherwise it seems like a nice upgrade.

had a discussion with Panda regarding this actually.
X is no doubt technically superior.
buuuuuuut 2 is laid out way better in terms of enemies/weapons/overall challenge.
I think if 2 ran as well as X, i'd like it infinitely better, but as is, I still find X to be more enjoyable.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
X
2nd Mission
1st Mission
Advance

Haven't played the 3D one but I genuinely enjoy all of the others.

EDIT: Are there major differences between 7 on DS and XX on PSP? Never tried the PSP version

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
X
2nd Mission
1st Mission
Advance

Haven't played the 3D one but I genuinely enjoy all of the others.

EDIT: Are there major differences between 7 on DS and XX on PSP? Never tried the PSP version

Remixed enemies and Leona as a playable character. Skip the PSP one and go with the 360 or PS3 port.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I only buy physical games or DRM-free digital ones. No XBLA, PSN, eShop, Steam, etc.

madman

had a discussion with Panda regarding this actually.
X is no doubt technically superior.
buuuuuuut 2 is laid out way better in terms of enemies/weapons/overall challenge.
I think if 2 ran as well as X, i'd like it infinitely better, but as is, I still find X to be more enjoyable.

It's an endless debate, it really comes down to preference IMO. Unless people start talking about how the slowdown in MS2 is artistic and adds to the suspense or whatever bullshit. I will say with MS2 Turbo it's the first time I focused more on the gameplay and layout rather than just being upset at the slowdown. It also seems like MSX has more hidden items than MS2 which is always a fun part of the series. And it's hard to ignore the fact that SNK, not SNKP, found it necessary to make MSX. That's gotta count for something.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
They did a great fuckin job with XX. I really wish it had come out on the NG.

3D was a travesty.

Really hope we get like an XX Remix or 8. Doesn't seem likely though since SNK is raking it in with the tower defense games on mobile...

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I can understand why people rag on MS2 (slowdown) and MS4 (not very original), but why do so many dislike MS5?

I think 5 is a really good game.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
They did a great fuckin job with XX. I really wish it had come out on the NG.

3D was a travesty.

Really hope we get like an XX Remix or 8. Doesn't seem likely though since SNK is raking it in with the tower defense games on mobile...

Can't people just be thankful for the games that did come out?

madman

I can understand why people rag on MS2 (slowdown) and MS4 (not very original), but why do so many dislike MS5?

I think 5 is a really good game.

MS5 is a good game, but even as a fan I will say it does feel a bit unfinished/rushed. It looks like the sprites were there to continue telling the story and there are a few glitches, but it's worth picking up. I play 5 much more than 3.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I was used to play MS2 and thought it's cool to have those slowdowns. Then I have MS2 Turbo and have been playing for a long time and thought it's way cool.
I played original MS2 last night and I have to tell you that .............it's horrible to experience those slowdowns after you get used to Turbo edition.
MS2 Turbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

madman

I was used to play MS2 and thought it's cool to have those slowdowns. Then I have MS2 Turbo and have been playing for a long time and thought it's way cool.
I played original MS2 last night and I have to tell you that .............it's horrible to experience those slowdowns after you get used to Turbo edition.
MS2 Turbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

This is what we've been trying to tell everyone, this is one of the reasons X is superior to 2. Nobody listens.