Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never actually played In the Hunt.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I've never actually played In the Hunt.

o_O

Dude, you know where to find me...and the lending library is OPEN.

Send me dat mailing addy, stat! I'll get the board to you this week.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Best to worst, What is the best metal slug games. I have metal slug 2 but like them all and play them with my 160 in 1 cart. This is my list:
metal slug 2
metal slug 3
metal slug
metal slug X
metal slug 5
metal slug 4

Whats your list look like?
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5

Basically, I rank them from best to worst, in the order they were released. Most game series aren't like that, starting with the best game, and gradually getting worse over time. Haven't really played Metal Slug 6, 7, etc. enough to rank them, but they probably rank after Slug 4.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I like them all the series was great but the bosses in 4 are lack luster so i guess

Metal Slug 1
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 5
Metal Slug 4

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
2nd mission
1st mission
Advance
3D
That mobile phone one
Defense
X

If I forgot some other dumbster game put it above 3.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
2nd mission
1st mission
Advance
3D
That mobile phone one
Defense
X

If I forgot some other dumbster game put it above 3.

You just don't make sense to me. I'm confused... 3D all the way up there and X and 3 all the way down there?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I fired up my newly acquired Atomiswave + MS6 last night...I forgot how loud that damn AW fan is, ordered a silent replacement. Anyway, MS6 is pretty fun, though it seems it may be a bit easy/short. First time playing on the hard level I was able to get through the first mission without a single death. Made it through the 2nd mission including the boss on a 1CC, maybe the later stages get a little better. I think it looks fresher than MS4, which isn't saying a lot, I'm kind of mixed on how some of the backgrounds and enemies have that pre-rendered 2D look though. I'm only playing at standard res, so I'm not sure if the backgrounds look more out of place in high-res. I do like how the screen zooms out in the boss battles to show a bigger area, I thought that was pretty cool. The only thing other than the difficulty I've seen so far that I'd complain about would be it seems there are some points where you are just forced to stand still while a crapload of enemies appear, it's like a way to make the stages longer without adding additional artwork. The sound also seems a little muffled compared to MVS, but maybe because I'm playing in mono.

I went in expecting something on par w/MS4, but ended up having a pretty good time.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I fired up my newly acquired Atomiswave + MS6 last night...I forgot how loud that damn AW fan is, ordered a silent replacement.

Where did you get a silent replacement? I need this!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 5
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 2

I don't care to play the ones under the dotted line anymore.

I pretty much agree with this, except my don't care line is here.

Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
don't care about the others

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I fired up my newly acquired Atomiswave + MS6 last night...I forgot how loud that damn AW fan is, ordered a silent replacement. Anyway, MS6 is pretty fun, though it seems it may be a bit easy/short. First time playing on the hard level I was able to get through the first mission without a single death. Made it through the 2nd mission including the boss on a 1CC, maybe the later stages get a little better. I think it looks fresher than MS4, which isn't saying a lot, I'm kind of mixed on how some of the backgrounds and enemies have that pre-rendered 2D look though. I'm only playing at standard res, so I'm not sure if the backgrounds look more out of place in high-res. I do like how the screen zooms out in the boss battles to show a bigger area, I thought that was pretty cool. The only thing other than the difficulty I've seen so far that I'd complain about would be it seems there are some points where you are just forced to stand still while a crapload of enemies appear, it's like a way to make the stages longer without adding additional artwork. The sound also seems a little muffled compared to MVS, but maybe because I'm playing in mono.

I went in expecting something on par w/MS4, but ended up having a pretty good time.

Hey madman, is your MS6 cart original? or the bootleg? did you notice some sound FX/character voices/screams sound quieter than they should? or is everything fine? I ask because of this: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?261409-Atomiswave-sound-issue

BTW: Thanks for the link to the silent fan, that would be useful :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Hey madman, is your MS6 cart original? or the bootleg? did you notice some sound FX/character voices/screams sound quieter than they should? or is everything fine? I ask because of this: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?261409-Atomiswave-sound-issue

BTW: Thanks for the link to the silent fan, that would be useful :)

It's legit, has the void sticker and checks out internally. The sounds overall sound a bit muffled compared to MVS, but the volume levels all around seem fine to me. Nothing seems louder or quieter than others. I'll post some pics and results when the fan shows up.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I might be a bit late to this topic, but it's always been about part 1 for me:

x
4&5

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I like 1,3, and X the most. All of them are good but those first few really stand out.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
What do you mean?

Metal Slug 1 is my favorite, but

But? not sure what but meant.

I mean its the one MS that despite not having as much jammed into it I can play a million times over , its never a chore to finish or a hard decision to spend the credits on. its probably due not only to nostalgia for me but the fact that its a fantastically balanced game, the pacing and music keep the game moving so well and the excitement of trying to see if I can possibly squeeze out a higher score on my next 1cc run, also the length is perfect its just the right amount of time for a full play through, I love MS3 but its long when you have family duties. Like many of us I've been playing it since it droped in arcades and then saturn version and as and now back to MVS and its never lost its shine for me, some titles i can take a break from to miss but i never feel that way when it comes to MS 1. hope that long winded love letter mess helps explain ;)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Of course, the answer is DS XX.

It's the only way I can drop shot, while I'm dropping kids off at the pool.

^_______^

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wait...DS XX, I thought DS only got 7...am I missing something here?

Props to MS Advance and NGPC Missions, they are all pretty decent, the back tracking on ADV makes it feel like a total different game. The sprite effort is there for sure.

Commando Steel Disaster is a pretty decent run and gun with the MS style for those interested, it's a GBA JP and DS US, also sold at the eshop under DSi ware.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wait...DS XX,

I goofed. o_O

XX is psp etc...my bad. ;^)

It's still my goto portable, being an enhanced 7 and all.

You try the 360 rev of XX? I can't imaging blowing the image up to TV proportions ended well, lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They used the MS6 engine of course, XX PSP is shrinked down sort of speak...XBL XX is pretty good, just as good as 6 if not better.