BodyHammeR

I quoted Rot., He Went in DRY!
Credit feed until you can 1CC or give up and knit another woollen jumper (:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Taken from the fighting quest thread I'm curious on what the "5 credit rule" is.
On first guess I'd have thought about "it gets easier when you insert more credits (or after 5 credits)".
I may be wrong and perhaps did not perceive this correctly, but in the games where I struggled most to complete them (even WITH infinite credits) SS2 and AoF1 it didn't seem like the bosses were ANY easier.
(Also I stopped playing SS4 at one day at the last boss where I DID already feed a lot of creds and managed to beat the game the day after within the limit the AES gives)

I know that some games (the later ones) will give you options to allow for a weaker boss, maxed super meter or something, but the games I played so far didn't have that.

All in all: please enlighten me on what actually IS the 5 credit rule and if it is only in some games - in which ones is it?
Would this also apply to other genres like the Metal Slug series?
(as I'd adapt my way of approaching the games in general that way)
Fucking lol, I didn't know this was going to bother you so much but don't fret, it's meaningless for you anyway since you like to credit feed and that's allright, I did explain it but you must have missed it, anyway it doesn't matter, just keep credit feeding and enjoy your games.

I for one don't enjoy credit feeding at less it is with certain games, for example Neo Turf Masters, I credit feed 'cause I want to run the full course but as I get better I use less and less credits, I'm down to 2 now so we'll see how that goes...

As for 1CCing games; That's the only way to fly for me, everything has more meaning when I shoot for a 1CC, the stages are more memorable, the music, the enemies, it just works for me. That high you get when you reach a new level for the first time...that's why I play video games. Granted getting a 1CC in some games is extremely hard for me but hey fuck it, I'm having a ball and there's no wrong way of playing any given video game, as long as you play it who cares how it's done!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
1CC when you are serious about gauging your skill. Credit feed when playing co-op games like the Metal Slug games. 5 credit rule seems more like the number of credits you get playing in AES mode.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Have you ever tried for a co-op 1CC? That's the balls right there...

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Five credits is ok to play through a game and see further what it is, but I usually quit after 1cc is lost and try another game. I end up play a few different games in my free time.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I have never credit fed my Neo...i enjoy them more, getting that little bit further etc..with every play.
Seeing something new is a little bit of a buzz for me, it took me years to 1cc Last Resort & little shorter for 8 man ...
Almost 1cc'd Nam 1975 , but the final boss ground me down!!..
Some Titles are unmerciful...but i simply will not credit feed!!.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
I hate credit feeding. It generally removes any necessary skill and cheapens the overall experience.

"Well, I beat it...now what?"

I used to do it all the time but it just makes me burn out on games because there's nothing left. I play everything (other than beat em ups) with one credit to make them last longer or indefinitely. I've owned espgaluda for years and don't know what level 4 looks like except that one time. It maintains the allure and mystery of arcades from when you were a kid with only a few quarters.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I play everything (other than beat em ups) with one credit to make them last longer or indefinitely.

There's always the abstract infinity of the score. But going that route destroys the enjoyment of the game. Any game. That's the way Japanese players are used to approach their gaming habits. They use up the joy until there's nothing else than dry numbers grilled on default settings. Enjoyment involves feelings, and those construct infirmities. That's why they're so good at it. That's why they're master players.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Interesting concept! I like the idea of limiting ones credits for certain games. For me, sometimes I play the games just to play and enjoy them. When time for a challenge, I like the 5 credits idea. I'll keep this in mind going forward.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
1CC or bust for me. I will do practice runs or just having fun where I don't really care how many credits I use but would never consider that to be clearing the game, that's just stupid.