Naomicf / Chihiro experimentation. Error: Cannot Write File

telmnstr

n00b
I'm experimenting with NaomiCF with the goal of moving my Outrun 2 pair to CF cards. I noticed inside of the Type 3 NetDimm there appears to be a 40 pin IDE header and a 5 pin header (matching the external 5 pin header I think) that is probably the +5/+12/GND.

Right now I'm struggling pretty hardcore with NaomiCF. I got past the issues of finding the CF card bytes for security, I have a Windows XP system with a PCI IDE card and CF adapter. But whenever I try to write the image file it bombs after re-partitioning the card.

I did see some talk of 3.3v versus 5v. I found one of my adapters is selectable, did so but notice no difference.

I tried using the CF card via a USB to IDE -> IDE to CF adapter (I manually entered in the card values) and same error. I tried on two separate computers.

My BIN file is un-encrypted, and I'm wondering if that is the issue. I figure the file needs to be des encrypted as the security PIC is in place. I tried taking the MAME CHD file and converting to RAW but the output from doing that is way too big. An option might be poking at the netboot python script to see if I can somehow use that to fetch the des key from the PIC then encrypt the image (not sure about checksums after all that.)

Any pointers or thoughts?

I just looked at one of the discs in the GD-ROM drives and it says GD-ROM so I'm assuming I'm not going to read it without going GD-ROM to IDE :-)