Final Fight CPS1 missing 4Mbit mask rom...

neogeostyle90

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi:)

I found an old final fight Cps1. The game starts but doesn't work correctly bacause has 1 missing mask rom (FF-5M) and I would like to replace it with 4 X 1Mbit eproms (27c010). At the moment I have not a 27c400 eprom.
Is it possible to do this?
The game is in EU version...

finalfight.jpg

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
AFAIK, ti's possible to do it, but you would need to build an adapter to put the 4 smaller EPROMs and then connect them to the FF-5M slot. Not worth the hassle IMHO. Just buy a proper EPROM, burn the ROM and live happy with your game.

Regards.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
AFAIK, ti's possible to do it, but you would need to build an adapter to put the 4 smaller EPROMs and then connect them to the FF-5M slot. Not worth the hassle IMHO. Just buy a proper EPROM, burn the ROM and live happy with your game.

Regards.

Yeah, why would you not just do it this way? Just get someone to burn the EPROM for you.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Yeah, why would you not just do it this way? Just get someone to burn the EPROM for you.

You can get burned EPROMs from some of the nice guys in these forums (Fox1 comes to mind, but there are others). You can also get the EPROM with the burned file from www.buyicnow.com.

Regards.