The Last Blade 2 Announced for PS4, Vita

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I read there was an effect missing from the flaming house stage, the background is missing the heat wave effect. I don't remember this from the mvs or ps2 versions though. Am i crazy, or was this effect something from the neo cd or dreamcast versions?

You're crazy.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
I read there was an effect missing from the flaming house stage, the background is missing the heat wave effect. I don't remember this from the mvs or ps2 versions though. Am i crazy, or was this effect something from the neo cd or dreamcast versions?

it was absent in the dreamcast version actually

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
2016-06-16%2020-20-13_zps00jcq3wp.jpg

new patch is here, they fixed the heat effects

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So apparently the same team that's
Responsible for netcode is doing MOTW, to be released next.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hopefully they get something better for KOF XIV... but likely not.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Here is me playing the best ping rate I could get today as Lee. I got a 90ms one last night and the game was somewhat playable at least... but yeah, this shit is bad.

Wow, this is fkn horrible!!! Besides the lag the damn loading hourglass pisses me off. lol
Im really disappointed, still have fightcade....

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
As long as you live somewhat close and your internet connection is really good it is fine, but this seems to be what you get mostly. Most to blame is just that people really don't buy these games and play online really. There just isn't many people online at any moment and if there is, it is someone in Brazil or Japan, lol. Hell, every time I use fightcade there isn't too many people on there either with this game. At least it runs much better. Still, I got the PS4 version so there would be more people to play somewhat more local.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
If the netcode is this bad, don't get your hopes up for the MOTW port as well as KOF xiv.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I think its a safe bet SNK will invest a bit more care with KOF XIV netplay than a small Code Mystics port release so I'm not remotely worried. 13 was pretty good in the end. Not the best but better than these for sure.

Also I love this port and am super stoked for MOTW ps4! Granted I still want the MVS cart...one day in my sleepless dreams.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think its a safe bet SNK will invest a bit more care with KOF XIV netplay.

People have been saying that since the old OG Xbox Neo ports. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on good netcode.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Well there is the project lead and more workers from Capcom are there right now and it feels like KOF XIV is putting on a slight frame delay on KOF XIV which is usually used for netcode purposes (unless you're Capcom apparently). So that's also a good sign. However being I've been putting up with Playmore netcode since SVC Chaos on OG Xbox I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Snakealpha

n00b
whaaaaaat! Amazing offer!! The netcode is still shit on the PSVita? I know its cross buy but I want to play this game while in metro or bus :P

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I ended up buying it because of the sale. PS4 offers a lot of great games in it's many Flash Sales. Love it.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Playstation Plus members: If you didn't pick it up yet and want to, it's on sale for $6 until Jan. 3rd. Only reason I found out that it was on sale starting today was I bought it yesterday for $15 and then saw the price drop. Sony refused to credit me back the extra $9 but offered a one time full refund that will take 3-5 business days. Just in time for the sale to end so I can buy it at full price.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Yo listen they patched the Lag issues for online with a new patch and various other bugs, havent played it yet but see the patch description for yourself

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I think they were referring to the input delay, not online lag (similar to the MotW patch).I haven't checked, so I could be wrong.