The Last Blade 2 Announced for PS4, Vita

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i just saw this, hope its decent at best, be nice to get some lb2 matches with friends that are too lazy to come to my house to play on the cab

Qcf+lp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sounds good, I haven't played this in a while and it would be nice to play it again, hopefully the online is good.

xorthen

Banned
Are they releasing it through the neo geo station platform or is it going to be a completely different platform?

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That's a lot of recycling. What about LB3 to change things a bit.
Sorry, crazy idea.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
That was a tournament. I watched some of it on twitch on breaks at work. They didn't mention playstation steam or anything when I watched.

Last edited:

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SNKP needs to become the arcade branch of a big company like Sony, Microsoft etc so that they can have proper funds to make new games w/ the quality that everyone expect.

xorthen

Banned
SNKP needs to become the arcade branch of a big company like Sony, Microsoft etc so that they can have proper funds to make new games w/ the quality that everyone expect.

Doubt that will ever happen.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

You realize the company that bought them is pretty big and has the finds to do everything you just said right? Hence why the old guard are slowly going back to SNK because they can afford to pay them.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...and maybe KOF XIV won't suck.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Remains to be seen. If pro sports teaches anything it's buying talent doesn't equate to success every time. I'm sure it works like that in the video game industry as well.

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You realize the company that bought them is pretty big and has the finds to do everything you just said right? Hence why the old guard are slowly going back to SNK because they can afford to pay them.

No, I did not realize that Playmore was a big company. I feel SNKP legacy is 95% based on KOF. We would benefit of much much more diversity like before, in the early 90's when SNK would release shoots, Beat'em up, driving games etc. Even is Playmore is big, they do not promote diversity so it looks that their resources are limited. SNKP mentionned that KOF XIII had a relatively limited roaster because of the labor intense hand drawn characters process. A company w/ bigger means may have been able to add, down the road, more characters, like Capcom does w/ SF. So basically even if SNKP is big, well they need to be bigger to make better, more diverse games. All the recycling of old games on new platform must bring less and less money at each iteration (how many times do we need to buy Last Blade before we see something really new ?)

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
KOF was the main thing they invested a lot of money into because it was the biggest hit they had and couldn't afford to fail. You forget Metal Slug has been trucking along, Samurai Shodown Sen did come out around the same time as XIII (to everyone's dismay). The more money, the more crew. The more crew, the more games. Do I expect everything to be KOF XIV quality? No, they will probably do more shit like Metal Slug Defense (which is making them money), and maybe even more UM series type stuff, but right now they are in the best position to succeed then they have been since the 90's. I just hope they don't fuck it up.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
This was announced over a year ago is this actually coming out or did it turn into vaporware?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
im ready to get down with this, wonder whats taking so long...

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled. Releasing games that you can play for free online on PC seem to not make money for them. I'm not saying this because I don't want the game to come out. Just stating facts I wish weren't true.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I dont think they are going to cancel it. Maybe they just dont have the dev staff to get it out the door as quickly as it seems like it could be.

or maybe they are taking their time to make it awesome

Spoiler:
lol

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The port is being handled by Code Mystics, who worked on Metal Slug 3 on Playstation platforms. Metal Slug 2 was released on Steam a few days ago (ported by a different studio named DotEmu) so maybe this has something to do with it.

IMO, whoever did the NG Station ports were doing a great job (top notch emulation with nice interface and bug fixes). I just wish they improved their online play.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Dot Emu has handled all of the steam Metal Slug ports, so I doubt that has anything to do w/ it. The Neo-Geo Station games had the best online netcode of any PS3 Playmore game. The matches I have with Japanese players are playable. Which unless I am looking at Fatal Fury Special (maybe '02UM or NGBC) on 360 no other Playmore console title can really say that. Personally I was pissed when they were no longer doing anything with it.

If I were guessing what's going on w/o saying it's not coming out, Code Mystics is supposed to be doing Garou Mark of the Wolves as well for Steam. Maybe they are getting dead serious about the netcode and refuse to release anything until they get the netcode right. Since Last Blade 2 falls on that same problem, maybe both are being worked on at the same time to get the netcode right.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The Neo-Geo Station games had the best online netcode of any PS3 Playmore game. The matches I have with Japanese players are playable. Which unless I am looking at Fatal Fury Special (maybe '02UM or NGBC) on 360 no other Playmore console title can really say that. Personally I was pissed when they were no longer doing anything with it.

Yeah, I'm not saying their online was worse than the other emulation companies, but perhaps they could improve on it to match the better netcodes out there.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I certainly wouldn't mind a better netcode, but I wouldn't have been pissed if they churned out some more games with what they had.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I certainly wouldn't mind a better netcode, but I wouldn't have been pissed if they churned out some more games with what they had.

Indeed. NG Station had potential to grow. I'm dying to play SS2 and FFS on PSN.

I believe the reason they stopped was a change in management back then (hence the halt of games development and focus on mobile and pachinko).