Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Last Blade 2 Announced for PS4, Vita

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

i just saw this, hope its decent at best, be nice to get some lb2 matches with friends that are too lazy to come to my house to play on the cab
    ***CLICK HERE FOR FIGHTCADE TUTORIAL***

PSN: MountainDewFKR
    FIGHTCADE: MountaindewFKR

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Sounds good, I haven't played this in a while and it would be nice to play it again, hopefully the online is good.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalbossNYC View Post
    ill grab it, when I buy a PS4 in a year for $150 bucks.
    What for? Mind as well just play the rom now and forget about it since you're not planning to play it for a year.

Duck King's DJ

Are they releasing it through the neo geo station platform or is it going to be a completely different platform?

NeoGumby's Sycophant

No idea if it's an indication for anything, but there was an official MotW + LB2 tournament a few days ago in Japan:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/22101881.html

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    No idea if it's an indication for anything, but there was an official MotW + LB2 tournament a few days ago in Japan:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/22101881.html
    Interesting. My guess is that it's going to be a digital only game though. Any idea on what the case is?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

That's a lot of recycling. What about LB3 to change things a bit.
    Sorry, crazy idea.

Guerilla Warrior

That was a tournament. I watched some of it on twitch on breaks at work. They didn't mention playstation steam or anything when I watched.
    Last edited by Mr Bakaboy; 04-05-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by holyver View Post
    That's a lot of recycling. What about LB3 to change things a bit.
    In times like these, one's happy for an announcement alone... horrible atmosphere, I know.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

SNKP needs to become the arcade branch of a big company like Sony, Microsoft etc so that they can have proper funds to make new games w/ the quality that everyone expect.

Duck King's DJ

SNKP needs to become the arcade branch of a big company like Sony, Microsoft etc so that they can have proper funds to make new games w/ the quality that everyone expect.
    Doubt that will ever happen.

Guerilla Warrior

You realize the company that bought them is pretty big and has the finds to do everything you just said right? Hence why the old guard are slowly going back to SNK because they can afford to pay them.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

...and maybe KOF XIV won't suck.

Guerilla Warrior

Remains to be seen. If pro sports teaches anything it's buying talent doesn't equate to success every time. I'm sure it works like that in the video game industry as well.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bakaboy View Post
    You realize the company that bought them is pretty big and has the finds to do everything you just said right? Hence why the old guard are slowly going back to SNK because they can afford to pay them.
    No, I did not realize that Playmore was a big company. I feel SNKP legacy is 95% based on KOF. We would benefit of much much more diversity like before, in the early 90's when SNK would release shoots, Beat'em up, driving games etc. Even is Playmore is big, they do not promote diversity so it looks that their resources are limited. SNKP mentionned that KOF XIII had a relatively limited roaster because of the labor intense hand drawn characters process. A company w/ bigger means may have been able to add, down the road, more characters, like Capcom does w/ SF. So basically even if SNKP is big, well they need to be bigger to make better, more diverse games. All the recycling of old games on new platform must bring less and less money at each iteration (how many times do we need to buy Last Blade before we see something really new ?)

Guerilla Warrior

KOF was the main thing they invested a lot of money into because it was the biggest hit they had and couldn't afford to fail. You forget Metal Slug has been trucking along, Samurai Shodown Sen did come out around the same time as XIII (to everyone's dismay). The more money, the more crew. The more crew, the more games. Do I expect everything to be KOF XIV quality? No, they will probably do more shit like Metal Slug Defense (which is making them money), and maybe even more UM series type stuff, but right now they are in the best position to succeed then they have been since the 90's. I just hope they don't fuck it up.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

This was announced over a year ago is this actually coming out or did it turn into vaporware?

Akari's Big Brother

im ready to get down with this, wonder whats taking so long...
    Last edited by Wachenroder; 04-16-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Guerilla Warrior

I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled. Releasing games that you can play for free online on PC seem to not make money for them. I'm not saying this because I don't want the game to come out. Just stating facts I wish weren't true.

Akari's Big Brother

I dont think they are going to cancel it. Maybe they just dont have the dev staff to get it out the door as quickly as it seems like it could be.

or maybe they are taking their time to make it awesome

Spoiler:
    lol

NeoGumby's Sycophant

The port is being handled by Code Mystics, who worked on Metal Slug 3 on Playstation platforms. Metal Slug 2 was released on Steam a few days ago (ported by a different studio named DotEmu) so maybe this has something to do with it.

IMO, whoever did the NG Station ports were doing a great job (top notch emulation with nice interface and bug fixes). I just wish they improved their online play.

Guerilla Warrior

^ Dot Emu has handled all of the steam Metal Slug ports, so I doubt that has anything to do w/ it. The Neo-Geo Station games had the best online netcode of any PS3 Playmore game. The matches I have with Japanese players are playable. Which unless I am looking at Fatal Fury Special (maybe '02UM or NGBC) on 360 no other Playmore console title can really say that. Personally I was pissed when they were no longer doing anything with it.

If I were guessing what's going on w/o saying it's not coming out, Code Mystics is supposed to be doing Garou Mark of the Wolves as well for Steam. Maybe they are getting dead serious about the netcode and refuse to release anything until they get the netcode right. Since Last Blade 2 falls on that same problem, maybe both are being worked on at the same time to get the netcode right.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

The Neo-Geo Station games had the best online netcode of any PS3 Playmore game. The matches I have with Japanese players are playable. Which unless I am looking at Fatal Fury Special (maybe '02UM or NGBC) on 360 no other Playmore console title can really say that. Personally I was pissed when they were no longer doing anything with it.
    Yeah, I'm not saying their online was worse than the other emulation companies, but perhaps they could improve on it to match the better netcodes out there.

Guerilla Warrior

I certainly wouldn't mind a better netcode, but I wouldn't have been pissed if they churned out some more games with what they had.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

I certainly wouldn't mind a better netcode, but I wouldn't have been pissed if they churned out some more games with what they had.
    Indeed. NG Station had potential to grow. I'm dying to play SS2 and FFS on PSN.

I believe the reason they stopped was a change in management back then (hence the halt of games development and focus on mobile and pachinko).

Thread Information