The Last Blade 2 Announced for PS4, Vita

xorthen

Banned
If anybody wants to play some Shock Troopers or metal slug on PS3 let me know. I have both on my PS3.

It would be cool to if there were a way to commission SNK to do reprints on some of their carts. I know I'm dreaming. lol

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I need to learn Shock Troopers. I bought all the Neo Geo Station games when they put them on sale. Mostly play Metal Slug's,KOF's, and some Samurai Shodown, because that's what everybody will play. Every now and then I get surprised when someone wants to play Fatal Fury, or Art of Fighting. Other then that haven't seen anyone play anything else.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
If anybody wants to play some Shock Troopers or metal slug on PS3 let me know. I have both on my PS3.

It would be cool to if there were a way to commission SNK to do reprints on some of their carts. I know I'm dreaming. lol

Im down. Coinidentally, I was actually trying to 1cc Metal Slug 1 and Shock Troopers a few weeks ago but have since put my PS3 away but i''ll gladly hook it back up for some coop.

what time do you usually play?

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Comes out May 24

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/19/the-last-blade-2-strikes-ps4-ps-vita-on-may-24/

Inspired by the success of Metal Slug 3, thanks to all the great feedback we've received from gamers on PlayStation platforms, and along with support from Sony Interactive Entertainment, it's a real pleasure to share more details on this highly requested port and revered Neo Geo masterpiece with you today.

In addition to the pixel perfect emulation from our developer Code Mystics, The Last Blade 2 features local and online multiplayer, as well as cross play and cross save functionality between PS4 and PS Vita.

We're also excited to reveal details on bonus The Last Blade 2 PS4 and PS Vita Themes that will be available for all our fans when purchasing the game!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I never have bothered with the NG station games. I see some of you praise them, the thing is, fightcade works great, so here's a question for NGS PS3 lovers; Do the games play well and look legit? No filters? No scrolling issues? What are the pros and cons beside the online aspect?

Just looking at the pics on the link I can already tell you the pixel count is fucked. Well some of the Capcom games suffered the same fate but they play well online so here's to some hope.

Edit: Just dawned on me that the pic of the screenshot could have messed the pixel count, so it'd be nice if they got it right, not a deal breaker but a very nice bonus.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'll buy it for the ps4 theme. Better not be more than $9.99.

Did they mention Ggpo or rollback netcode anywhere?

I've got the first metal slug on Neo geo station, it's ok, but the menus are so clunky, such a smoother experience on a pc emulator.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I never have bothered with the NG station games. I see some of you praise them, the thing is, fightcade works great, so here's a question for NGS PS3 lovers; Do the games play well and look legit? No filters? No scrolling issues? What are the pros and cons beside the online aspect?
/QUOTE]

If you have your PS3 connected to a HDTV there are all kinds of nice graphic options that you can fiddle with to make the game look how you want. It's pretty great. I'd wager most people don't adjust them though, so I wouldn't trust screenshots. When connected to a SDTV though, a lot of the options are removed, and it still looks okay considering it's 480i but I can't get it to look like a real system.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Just looking at the pics on the link I can already tell you the pixel count is fucked. Well some of the Capcom games suffered the same fate but they play well online so here's to some hope.

Edit: Just dawned on me that the pic of the screenshot could have messed the pixel count, so it'd be nice if they got it right, not a deal breaker but a very nice bonus.

Honestly I am not one to notice the difference in picture quality but online wise the netcode is better then fightcade, in the later games they gave an option to see if anybody is online in every Neo-Geo Station game, and they gave the option to overclock Metal Slug 2. Other then that Iook at it as another place to get games in.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Made a quick video showing the game menus and options. It's one of their best port jobs so far, pending testing the online performance.

Note: the video is recorded via PS4 video capture, which is limited to 30 fps

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Anybody who bought this could you say if anybody is playing it online or is it another dead game.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Waiting to hear about the online. Is there an arranged soundtrack option for sound?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Made a quick video showing the game menus and options. It's one of their best port jobs so far, pending testing the online performance.

Note: the video is recorded via PS4 video capture, which is limited to 30 fps

Widescreen boarderless stretch option? Or screen resizing at all?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
FYI- PS3 sticks don't work with this, $15 well wasted.

well damn :(

Any word on whether it uses rollback netcode or input delay? I'm starting to get pissed that this hasnt been mentioned at all anywhere.

EDIT:

nevermind, found this post: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...last-blade-2-hits-ps4-and-ps-vita-next-month/

We discussed this with SIE Third Party Productions and Code Mystics and made the decision to focus on how players can experience the original NEOGEO gameplay during online multiplayer in the best way. This is why we have ultimately avoided rollback netcode, and moved forward with using Code Mystics’ proprietary online technology instead.

Fuck that, I'm sticking to fightcade.

I'll by it when it's on flash sale for $1.50 so I can play it when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to leave the couch while I'm taking a break from sfv or witcher or some shit.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
We discussed this with SIE Third Party Productions and Code Mystics and made the decision to focus on how players can experience the original NEOGEO gameplay during online multiplayer in the best way. This is why we have ultimately avoided rollback netcode, and moved forward with using Code Mystics’ proprietary online technology instead.

Wait WTF?!?! Did I miss the hoards of people gushing over '98UM and '02UM's netcode on steam? Because last time I checked the XBLA version was superior and that's not a high bar to get over.

I think this release is based on the dreamcast or NG-CD release. To me it plays slightly different than the arcade and the fire level isn't wavy (heat vapors as seen in the arcade version).

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I think this release is based on the dreamcast or NG-CD release. To me it plays slightly different than the arcade and the fire level isn't wavy (heat vapors as seen in the arcade version).

How bigs the download. That alone can tell you what version its based off. A emu and some menus shouldnt be more than around 200mb max. Realistically it should be around 70mb. A NGCD release if the audio was all compressed would still be somewhere around the 300mb mark.