The Last Blade 2 Announced for PS4, Vita

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
FYI- PS3 sticks don't work with this, $15 well wasted.

Yeah i'll definitely hold off then. I really only want to buy it support SNK but and the LB property but I can already play this on my Wii DC PS2 or PC. I'm in no hurry to buy this if i cant even use one of my current sticks on it.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Here is me playing the best ping rate I could get today as Lee. I got a 90ms one last night and the game was somewhat playable at least... but yeah, this shit is bad.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Here is me playing the best ping rate I could get today as Lee. I got a 90ms one last night and the game was somewhat playable at least... but yeah, this shit is bad.

Damn that is bad have snk learned any thing about a good netcode !?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Jesus christ. There is a reason every big fighting game uses rollback these days. Hell, netherrealm completely redesigned their online play from the ground up for rollback.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I tried it with the Vita last nite, the lag was awful and made it it pretty much unplayable. I only finished the match cuz I didnt wanna rage quit.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So I picked this up today and played a few rounds online....

Plays like fucking garbage online. It lags so bad you can tell before the match starts cause the music is so slow. The lag on input is laughable. Its so bad. I seriously am going to write SNK a hate mail and tell them i will no longer support them until they can make the same high quality products like they did in the 90's and beyond.

As much as i want to support SNK I cant keep holdong onto the hope that someday they will be good again. Theyre either going to have to get their act together to get my support or slowly fade away into nothing.

Now, the one player is decent. Its in 4:3 and has scanlines. Input is decent. I think one player its a viable option to obtain last blade 2 for a fair price.

But the online is in no way a reason to pick this up. Its a fucking joke.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder

Plays like fucking garbage online. It lags so bad you can tell before the match starts cause the music is so slow. The lag on input is laughable. Its so bad. I seriously am going to write SNK a hate mail and tell them i will no longer support them until they can make the same high quality products like they did in the 90's and beyond.

As much as i want to support SNK I cant keep holdong onto the hope that someday they will be good again. Theyre either going to have to get their act together to get my support or slowly fade away into nothing.

Now, the one player is decent. Its in 4:3 and has scanlines. Input is decent. I think one player its a viable option to obtain last blade 2 for a fair price.

I guess Ill just stick to playing my AES!!!

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner

it was developed by Code Mystics not SNK,

here are their forums which are pretty empty but they seem to reply even one for post tough

http://www.codemystics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=637

go ahead and plz tell them

Last edited:

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
the lag is bad but its only if you play against people above 60 ping i experienced. You can cancel the game in the lobby if you see the opponent having a high ping, you can also play the arcade mode and search for online opponent at the same time. So you can play the single player/training and search for a right opponent with low ping i experienced.

I still think its worth the money,you get it on both PS4 and PSvita as crossbuy, i am playing it on my PSvita TV thing because it doesnt require PS+ to play online and i can still use a lan connection and my PS4 controller on it. Its perfect if you dont have a PS4 or a real vita to access this game.
61EQbY4bh9L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-T...words=ps tv&qid=1464395248&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

You also get a Last Blade 2 OS theme on both vita and ps4 OS.

The graphics are arcade perfect except..... this one fire level where there forget the heat effects just like on the Dreamcast... I am thinking about making a thread on their forums and complaining

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I played all afternoon and only had one opponent that didnt lag, out of dozens. A few were bearable.

I guess i dont regret my purchase either, it was only $13.00. Its just frustrating that the online sucks so bad. The majority of players seem to be UK and Japan, so thats most likely a big part of it. But still i could play guilty gear, blaz blue, and street fighter online with little issue. So I dont see why it's so hard.

Here are two things I dont like that are more gripes.
1. The game doesnt have a damn manual. I opened it up and there was nothing related to the game. It is pretty sad they couldnt even scan the damn thing and upload it.

2. 9/10 times the vs online stage is the fire stage. I wish there was a way to randomly select a stage. Maybe there is, but i dont see it.

3. So many people play "mask mode". Life and super bar hidden. So annoying.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
LOL, the graphics have missing effects on a freaking ps4? LOL, so welfare...I have this on my PC for free, and I get arcade quality graphics and better online play. All free!

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
It's really a shame how companies cant be bothered with even trying these days. Anything thats emulated is shit. Why they cant actually afford to even make a real port is beyond me.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
LOL, the graphics have missing effects on a freaking ps4? LOL, so welfare...I have this on my PC for free, and I get arcade quality graphics and better online play. All free!

and i have it on my Neo Geo for free, just playing roms doesnt help SNK to make a new one.

I talked to the developers in their forum and they said they are working on a solution

http://www.codemystics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=639

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Seriously everyone should get on that site and lay the pressure on. Tell them youre not buying until its fixed.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Maybe if I want to play this on the go I will break out my PSP with NeoGeo emulator :lolz:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
and i have it on my Neo Geo for free, just playing roms doesnt help SNK to make a new one.

I talked to the developers in their forum and they said they are working on a solution

http://www.codemystics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=639

That's cool that they are replying and making an effort to address it. I own it on aes, dc, steam, and my modded xbox...... that said I'm still gonna get it.

I want to see snk release a sequel or at least other fighters again. They won't do that if they have no support.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent

I got eye cancer if I look at this slowdown longer than 5secs

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
yeah the code is bad.... I've had the game completely freeze and crash multiple times.

I've been playing and found a few good connections and players.

There have been only 2 people I have been unable to beat thus far. One guy named "radisonfire" is exceptionally good. And another guy that just uses Shingen.

I'm slowly working on converting my Keiichiro from power to speed. But the lag in a lot of games makes the timing hard for speed combos.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Fuck... I only play speed, this shits gonna be rough.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Posted on Code Mystics page about the netcode. Dude did not answer my question and "corrected" me on my mention SF3: Third Strike 300ms ping yet the game would run fine, lol. I don't think they are going to do anything about it. They will just fix the no need for touchpad to continue issue and the burning stage crashing and heat effect. So, I have just another home only port of LB2. FML!!! Well, since a lot of us here are in the US and have pretty good ISPs.... maybe we should all challenge each other to see if we get better ping rates.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Posted on Code Mystics page about the netcode. Dude did not answer my question and "corrected" me on my mention SF3: Third Strike 300ms ping yet the game would run fine, lol. I don't think they are going to do anything about it. They will just fix the no need for touchpad to continue issue and the burning stage crashing and heat effect. So, I have just another home only port of LB2. FML!!! Well, since a lot of us here are in the US and have pretty good ISPs.... maybe we should all challenge each other to see if we get better ping rates.

Or don't bother with the headache and just play on fightcade instead.

mirkvid

n00b
I read there was an effect missing from the flaming house stage, the background is missing the heat wave effect. I don't remember this from the mvs or ps2 versions though. Am i crazy, or was this effect something from the neo cd or dreamcast versions?