The Last Blade 2 Announced for PS4, Vita

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
From Shoryuken today:

With all the news surrounding Street Figher V and King of Fighters XIII during the PlayStation Experience keynote, it would be easy to look over the quick announcement Sony痴 Gio Corsi made regarding an old-school fighter called The Last Blade 2.

SNK Playmore and Code Mystics are currently working on bringing The Last Blade 2 to both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. While not as popular as the developer痴 other franchises, this classic title still holds a special place in fighting game history thanks to its weapons-based gameplay mechanics and beautifully animated backgrounds.

No word was provided as to when players can expect to get their hands on this port, but keep your eyes on Shoryuken for more as this story develops.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Sucks that they are skipping ps3 but more Last Blade 2 is always a good thing

Elder

NEST Puppet
The fact this got stage-time is actually very interesting to me. Hearing SNK Playmore even mentioned at all is a fairly big deal in and of itself. I was very pleased to hear about the Last Blade 2 and KOF XIV making their way to the PS4. This can only be seen as good news, even if I'm not really feeling the direction of KOF XIV.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wonder if I will be able to do zantetsu's a+c air infinity glitch online.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Last edited:

Elder

NEST Puppet
SNKP IS big again

I do find it funny how Konami won't allow Kojima-san to attend the VGA awards, and have stopped making console games altogether when they were once a powerhouse third party. SNK who's global recognition faded long ago, and who have been pretty much been a mobile developer for the last while when they weren't pumping out pachinko machines, suddenly have their roles reversed. Konami appears to be moving away from the prime time, and SNK seems to be slowly inching its way back into the spotlight. I wouldn't say OMG they're back baby, but it's telling when they have stage time at a huge event like this. I'd like to look at this as a positive sign for things to come. The real sign will be if they release a non-KOF console game, then I would say ok they're seriously trying to get their IPs back out there.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Love the fuck out of this game.

Speed for life.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
hell yes PLEASE have good netcode!! otherwise ill be back to playing it on GGPO again.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Considering this is the company who did the netcode for the KOF 98UM & KOF '02UM ports on PC. Both of whick weren't to good (I.e. the 360 versions were way better) I wouldn't get your hopes up.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Good to see LB2 getting some love but I have super low expectations given how shoddy most of Code Mystics work is.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
SNK's finally getting into public eye again. That whole time between 2011-2014, they really let their gaming division die.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
cuz it would look like kofxiv

ughhh, srsly right?

While I'm terrible at just about any fighting game, LB2 is actually my all time favorite game. I don't play online so I don't care about that bizness. I'm more interested in the vita version tbh.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
SNKP current system release cycle:

*awesome game* is being released for the new system! If this has good netcode it will be awesome! Get hype!

*game is released* Here's my $15! Awesome! Wait, the netcode is unplayable shit. Won't they ever learn?

"I'll buy it even if it sucks because every copy sold sends the message that there is still interest in the franchise! Let's hope for a modern sequel!"

Repeat.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
oh, wow

I'll be buying this, as long as they don't botch the port.

Online gaming is for n00blez, lol

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
SNKP current system release cycle:

*awesome game* is being released for the new system! If this has good netcode it will be awesome! Get hype!

*game is released* Here's my $15! Awesome! Wait, the netcode is unplayable shit. Won't they ever learn?

Repeat.
It's funny because it's true! Sadly this will probably be handled like a budget project and thrown to the interns. You also forgot step 3:

"I'll buy it even if it sucks because every copy sold sends the message that there is still interest in the franchise! Let's hope for a modern sequel!"

.. and then the company releases more budget ports, never ever considering a sequel