Vita - PS4 remote play setup tips? What's your connection speed? Etc.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Just looking to get some input on the best environment to make remote play work well. I have roughly a 85mbps connection and I still get a couple weird hiccups every minute or so.

I would love to hear recommendations on wifi/modem, environment, etc for what you use and what kind of performance you get?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Just looking to get some input on the best environment to make remote play work well. I have roughly a 85mbps connection and I still get a couple weird hiccups every minute or so.

I would love to hear recommendations on wifi/modem, environment, etc for what you use and what kind of performance you get?

Change your internet service, like U-Verse or so.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
What speeds/provider are you using/getting?

Mine is AT&T U-verse. For odd reason your speed is faster than mine (wireless is about 26 Mb/s) and you still experience some lags?
I have both 1000 and 2000 models and they work fine without any connection issue..........weird

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
It can be the interface of the wireless signal as well that is causing the hiccup. You can have all the speed in the world, but interface can fuck it up.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
arrr!

small hijack with a dumb question please?

just because you have a ps4 and vita it doesn't mean you get a 'mobile' download for games that you get the ps4 'home' version of does it?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
small hijack with a dumb question please?

just because you have a ps4 and vita it doesn't mean you get a 'mobile' download for games that you get the ps4 'home' version of does it?

sometimes it does mean just that! you just need to check if it's crossbuy. I think the last game I remember being crossbuy in that way was helldivers.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
sometimes it does mean just that! you just need to check if it's crossbuy. I think the last game I remember being crossbuy in that way was helldivers.

Helldiver even gives you a PS3 version too...and the games awesome too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It really depends on the game. Some games (usually indie titles) will let you download to all systems when you purchase. Others you have to buy separately but you can transfer saves back and forth.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
thanks guys esp DecepticonZero for making me want to keep my vita even though it means no ps4 for awhile longer.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It can be the interface of the wireless signal as well that is causing the hiccup. You can have all the speed in the world, but interface can fuck it up.

Can u go into more detail about this?

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
You need to have the PS4 wired in via ethernet cable. If you can't roll out cable from it to your router, then try the ethernet to electric power outlet converters.

The Vita still needs a very strong consistent signal. So you're stuck playing usually 3-4 ft from the router.

Your mileage may vary, I live in an apartment complex where wifi in general is unreliable since there is at least 60+ signals all competing with each other.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
You need to have the PS4 wired in via ethernet cable. If you can't roll out cable from it to your router, then try the ethernet to electric power outlet converters.

The Vita still needs a very strong consistent signal. So you're stuck playing usually 3-4 ft from the router.

Your mileage may vary, I live in an apartment complex where wifi in general is unreliable since there is at least 60+ signals all competing with each other.

cool, I picked up some electrical outlet converters. Thanks for the tip

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
I ahve a 100mbps connection at home but its irrelevant if you are not in close proximity to your ps4 or router. My pstv is upstairs which gets shitty wifi connectivity.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I ahve a 100mbps connection at home but its irrelevant if you are not in close proximity to your ps4 or router. My pstv is upstairs which gets shitty wifi connectivity.

not to mention the Vita gets terrible reception