Thread: Last Blade 2 AES Japanese

Cham Cham's Banana

Last Blade 2 AES Japanese

Hey guys

After trying to get Last Blade 2 for a while, I found a seller who has a copy.

He doesn't have photos of the PCB, but he did send me quite a few photos of the game, case and manual.

http://imgur.com/a/JMTz8

Just wanna know what you guys think.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Compare to this, I cannot see the green on the pcb's in your pics. Ask for High Res images of the inside of the manual also, shouldn't be to much trouble for a $700 cart for the seller.

lastblade2.jpg
    Games I still need to complete my US AES collection,pm if you can help me out

Samurai Shodown 4 US AES
    Samurai Shodown 5 US AES
    Last Blade US AES
    Last Blade 2 US AES

KoF Grandmaster

I made a thorough comparison with my copy last night, and everything I could see on those pics of yours (manual, label sticker & insert) looks legit. The only thing important now is to know, if it is working ...just that ;).

Cham Cham's Banana

Thank for the replies guys.

I asked for some photos of the connector and they matched with this site's photos. Also did a comparison with the positioning of the stickers, staples on manuals etc. They all matched.

I actually went ahead and bought it, so fingers crossed that it'll work when I receive it.

KoF Grandmaster

Congrats! Those carts are near indestructible, so just enjoy a pleasant anticipation.

Cham Cham's Banana

Yeah, should be getting it on Monday.

I'll post some clearer up close photos once I get them. Thanks again Oliver!

Cheng's Errand Boy
    good luck^^
    NEO-GEO MAX 330 MEGA

Cham Cham's Banana

Thanks dondi =)

Received the game today.

First round of photos.

http://imgur.com/a/xPchY

I've tried to find some PCB photos of LB2, but there doesn't seem to be any online.

Edit: Here's a second set of photos just in case the first set wasn't clear enough. Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/jTqSm
    Last edited by klee123; 11-23-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Glad you got the game Last Blade 2 is one of my favs on the neo such and enjoyable fighter to play and learn all the moves
    Games I still need to complete my US AES collection,pm if you can help me out

Samurai Shodown 4 US AES
    Samurai Shodown 5 US AES
    Last Blade US AES
    Last Blade 2 US AES

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by pheonixman View Post
    Glad you got the game Last Blade 2 is one of my favs on the neo such and enjoyable fighter to play and learn all the moves
    Thanks!

Tried it out last night and it worked perfectly so that is a plus at least.

I usually can do comparisons of the PCBs via the small vents and usually that's a good indication.

However, maybe because the game still hasn't reached the "expensive" status yet, but I can't find any PCB photos of the AES version.

KoF Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
    ...I can't find any PCB photos of the AES version.
    PM Fakk2, he always opens up his carts and makes photos of the boards for documentation purposes, IIRC. Maybe he can help you out here.

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    PM Fakk2, he always opens up his carts and makes photos of the boards for documentation purposes, IIRC. Maybe he can help you out here.
    Will give it a go, thanks =)

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Yes I do, and his game looks legit as far as I can tell. However, I think it is always a good idea to open the game up to check the boards either way, and while it's open clean the boards so the carts contacts are nice and clean so the AES cart slot does not go to shit over time like the old one I just had die on me, and getting the cart slot changed out for a new one is not an option at this point in time. Anyway, I will be posting the pics I took of my English AES boards when cleaning the game, and send them to klee123. I just need to free up space on my Photobucket, or I can email them to klee123 if he wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakk2 View Post
    Yes I do, and his game looks legit as far as I can tell. However, I think it is always a good idea to open the game up to check the boards either way, and while it's open clean the boards so the carts contacts are nice and clean so the AES cart slot does not go to shit over time like the old one I just had die on me, and getting the cart slot changed out for a new one is not an option at this point in time. Anyway, I will be posting the pics I took of my English AES boards when cleaning the game, and send them to klee123. I just need to free up space on my Photobucket, or I can email them to klee123 if he wishes.
    post pictures here if you can.

Cham Cham's Banana

Managed to get it opened, but I forgot to take pictures. =(

However, I did compare it to Fakk2's photos and it was pretty much identical with no eprom windows etc.

But yeah, now I've opened 2 carts so far, I'll definitely start cleaning the boards when I have the time.
    Last edited by klee123; 12-01-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.

Managed to get it opened, but I forgot to take pictures. =(

However, I did compare it to Fakk2's photos and it was pretty much identical with no eprom windows etc.

But yeah, now I've opened 2 carts so far, I'll definitely start cleaning the boards when I have the time.
    You must remember to always use a hair dryer on the top of the cart sticker on HOT and make sure the sticker comes off REAL SLOW, and peel it carefully as you heat it up with the hair dryer. If you need someone to help do that while you peel it, then do it that way. Once you get used to it, you can peel off stickers with ease and never leave any creases on the carts or anything.

Glad that you were able to open it up though, and check for your carts authenticity! Good job! The more you open them, the more you get used to it. Of course, I would have recommended that you open up the cheap carts first, just to get used to it before opening a high dollar value cart, but, you got the job done. Congrats!

I would post pics with no problem, except that right now my Photobucket is 100% full. Perhaps in a little bit I can do that after I delete a few pics. My review on Knights Chance uses up about 50% of my Photobucket space, and the pics of my games for sale uses up the rest. :P I did sell a few things, but, I am also adding some more AES carts, so that space will be eaten up again.
    Last edited by Fakk2; 12-01-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Cham Cham's Banana

You must remember to always use a hair dryer on the top of the cart sticker on HOT and make sure the sticker comes off REAL SLOW, and peel it carefully as you heat it up with the hair dryer. If you need someone to help do that while you peel it, then do it that way. Once you get used to it, you can peel off stickers with ease and never leave any creases on the carts or anything.

Glad that you were able to open it up though, and check for your carts authenticity! Good job! The more you open them, the more you get used to it. Of course, I would have recommended that you open up the cheap carts first, just to get used to it before opening a high dollar value cart, but, you got the job done. Congrats!

I would post pics with no problem, except that right now my Photobucket is 100% full. Perhaps in a little bit I can do that after I delete a few pics. My review on Knights Chance uses up about 50% of my Photobucket space, and the pics of my games for sale uses up the rest. :P I did sell a few things, but, I am also adding some more AES carts, so that space will be eaten up again.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah unfortunately I just opened it up without using a hair dryer and it did leave a very minor crease on the top of the label. However, it seemed originally there was a very faint crease on the sticker anyways, so it wasn't too bad.

If I do open up the more expensive carts like MOTW, MS3 etc, I'll definitely use a hair dryer.
    Last edited by klee123; 12-02-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Cham Cham's Banana

I'm actually thinking about trying to fix the label now even though it's quite minor.

Since you mentioned using a hair dryer, what do you use to peel the sticker off?
    Last edited by klee123; 12-02-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Cham Cham's Banana

Damn you have to do all of that to open an Aes cart? Wow! How do you go about opening them without breaking the brackets that keep them held together?

Quote Originally Posted by clubberlang View Post
    Damn you have to do all of that to open an Aes cart? Wow! How do you go about opening them without breaking the brackets that keep them held together?
    You're not supposed to open an AES cart. AES cart is an art, therefore..............

231256701.jpg

Cham Cham's Banana

Too funny Liquid Snake.

Street Hoop Star

I'm actually thinking about trying to fix the label now even though it's quite minor.

Since you mentioned using a hair dryer, what do you use to peel the sticker off?
    I've never taken off an AES label, but I recently discovered plastic razor blades. They work well with removing stickers without damaging the plastic underneath. Just a thought.

scraperiteblades.jpg

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticreep View Post
    I've never taken off an AES label, but I recently discovered plastic razor blades. They work well with removing stickers without damaging the plastic underneath. Just a thought.

scraperiteblades.jpg
    Yeah, that's probably something a bit better than using any sort of blade which not only risks damaging the cart, but also the sticker.

KoF Grandmaster

What is this shit all about?!

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    What is this shit all about?!
    For "conversions".
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

Thread Information