Gunlord & Last Hope: Pink Bullets MVS reprints ON SALE NOW!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I think I'm good without LHPB. Doesn't seem like my type of game.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
it said late 2016, is 6 months confirmed? or the usual? That's the only thing stopping me really.

Redguard

New Challenger
In fairness, he never said which way he's counting.

Warning: this item has a long waiting time >6 month. It will be produced together with Kraut Buster MVS

Yes, like the website states, >6 months from pre-order. So roughly 6 months or greater from the pre order date.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Remember kids: No more reprints after this, so buy now or cry later.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I can see how many flippers and shelf queens we have in here.............

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
End date on the Kraut Busters AES of the 31st of December. After 31st Gunlord and Last Hope go up by 50 euros. I know this has probably been mentioned, but I felt this needed a bump. I am sure there are people that want to buy these now - and not from re-sellers later!

Ruprit

n00b
I'm still debating on if I should place an order for any of these games, including Kraut Buster. I've never played an NG.Dev game so I've been trying to find lots of reviews to help make my decision.

It's bizarre that both on this forum and the shmups forum you can easily find large threads discussing NG.Dev's games before release. Yet upon release, those same threads basically fizzle out. It's the same thing on Youtube, there are more unboxing videos of NG.Dev's games than there are reviews or gameplay footage (the lack of playthroughs is a real surprise).

I know were talking about a niche of a niche product, but it seems like interest for these games disappear the moment customers get their copy. And if the Razion Neo-Geo thread is anything to go by, owners seem to be more interested in the quality of the packaging than the game itself.

So I guess my question is, are these games worth the price?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I'm still debating on if I should place an order for any of these games, including Kraut Buster. I've never played an NG.Dev game so I've been trying to find lots of reviews to help make my decision.

It's bizarre that both on this forum and the shmups forum you can easily find large threads discussing NG.Dev's games before release. Yet upon release, those same threads basically fizzle out. It's the same thing on Youtube, there are more unboxing videos of NG.Dev's games than there are reviews or gameplay footage (the lack of playthroughs is a real surprise).

I know were talking about a niche of a niche product, but it seems like interest for these games disappear the moment customers get their copy. And if the Razion Neo-Geo thread is anything to go by, owners seem to be more interested in the quality of the packaging than the game itself.

So I guess my question is, are these games worth the price?
Of the ones I have played on Dreamcast Fast Striker and Gunlord were both very good. I will be interested to see how Kraut turns out, but I am not putting up that much money until I know if its any good. If they dont sell it anymore after that, then oh well.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Will you get your money's worth out of it? Seriously doubtful.

Your observation is spot on. Actual gameplay talk is virtually zilch. When it comes to NG DEV, it's all about dates, cost and opening the package.... Done.

I doubt I'll buy another one.

Just look at my sig.

Last edited:

Ruprit

n00b
Of the ones I have played on Dreamcast Fast Striker and Gunlord were both very good. I will be interested to see how Kraut turns out, but I am not putting up that much money until I know if its any good. If they dont sell it anymore after that, then oh well.

Thanks. I'm in the same boat regarding Kraut Buster. Two short, off-screen, videos just aren't enough to convince me, or even inform me of the final product. I had actually hoped that NG.Dev would provide some sort of interaction and provide updates during their development process via the Neo-Geo forums or their Facebook.

Will you get your money's worth out of it? Seriously doubtful.

Your observation is spot on. Actual gameplay talk is virtually zilch. When it comes to NG DEV, it's all about dates, cost and opening the package.... Done.

I doubt I'll buy another one.

Just look at my sig.

Oh wow, that's a thread I did not see. Short but speaks volumes (I'm not trying to rub it in, I think it's really sad and disappointing).

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Oh wow, that's a thread I did not see. Short but speaks volumes (I'm not trying to rub it in, I think it's really sad and disappointing).

Yeah, it's a pity because part of the fun is knowing others are playing the same game you are and being able to have some sort of meaningful discussion and share strategies. I was hoping for that but it's not in the cards for these games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It is sad. I've only played Razion but it's a solid shooter. The main problem is the price and format puts it firmly into collector territory and most collectors are not serious gamers. Also, I think the shmup snobs who gladly fork over $500+ for Cave PCBs generally look down on NGDev games as inferior knock-offs. Not really a fair comparison. Razion is certainly better than most official Neo shooters and deserves a chance, dammit.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
It is sad. I've only played Razion but it's a solid shooter. The main problem is the price and format puts it firmly into collector territory and most collectors are not serious gamers. Also, I think the shmup snobs who gladly fork over $500+ for Cave PCBs generally look down on NGDev games as inferior knock-offs. Not really a fair comparison. Razion is certainly better than most official Neo shooters and deserves a chance, dammit.

I really wanted to try Razion. Like you said though, unless there is a collector nearby I will never have the chance.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I really wanted to try Razion. Like you said though, unless there is a collector nearby I will never have the chance.

I agree that you are missing a nice game. Razion is a game that I like a lot. It's a hori shooter like pulsar or blazing star, but it has mechanics and scoring that makes it different and fun to play.

Elder

NEST Puppet

You nailed it. It's a real shame, and I think this is one of the main reasons why NG: Dev Team are making new hardware. They must realize that their price point puts them squarely in Collector markets instead of gamer markets. Only the most hardcore of hardcore fans can justify the price. That said, I am very glad I now have the chance to purchase these games. I've wanted to play them for a long time, and now have the chance.

Ruprit

n00b
It looks like Razion is the one to go for. I'll definitely give it a look should a reprint popup.

You nailed it. It's a real shame, and I think this is one of the main reasons why NG: Dev Team are making new hardware. They must realize that their price point puts them squarely in Collector markets instead of gamer markets. Only the most hardcore of hardcore fans can justify the price. That said, I am very glad I now have the chance to purchase these games. I've wanted to play them for a long time, and now have the chance.

You're not worried that by moving to their own unique hardware NG.Dev might become even more niche and expensive?

Elder

NEST Puppet
It looks like Razion is the one to go for. I'll definitely give it a look should a reprint popup.

You're not worried that by moving to their own unique hardware NG.Dev might become even more niche and expensive?

Potentially yes you're absolutely right, but I'm wondering if their games can be printed on a different medium. The carts they're using aren't cheap. What if they used an existing technology like an SD card format or something for the games. I honestly don't know, but whatever they decide to do, I sure hope they think of consumers who want to experience their games, but can't afford to shell out $500 for a game.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Potentially yes you're absolutely right, but I'm wondering if their games can be printed on a different medium. The carts they're using aren't cheap. What if they used an existing technology like an SD card format or something for the games. I honestly don't know, but whatever they decide to do, I sure hope they think of consumers who want to experience their games, but can't afford to shell out $500 for a game.

It doesn't seem like it's about getting the game out there to as many players as possible at a reasonable price, otherwise they would continue to make the Dreamcast versions of their games.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
It doesn't seem like it's about getting the game out there to as many players as possible at a reasonable price, otherwise they would continue to make the Dreamcast versions of their games.

I think one problem with the DC releases was how easily they were pirated. They needed to add something for protection like Sturmwind did.

Ruprit

n00b

I'm with you. Whatever they do with their upcoming hardware, a cheaper medium is an absolute must. Additionally, I hope they will allow for the possibility of other devs to produce and release games on the hardware. It would be a shame if the hardware turned out to be something similar to Cave's CV1000 pcbs. If that turns out to be the case, we will be back at square one.