Nintendo NX: What you all thinking so far? Possible fail, or Nintendo's game changer?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Only the crappy ones no one buys.

Even then the discount's not very much. Their reward system is basically "spend a couple hundred bucks, get a 30% discount on year-old games that are still at full MSRP". Pretty pathetic compared to other deals out there...for example REmake, RE 0, RE 4, RE 5, RE 6, and RE Revelations 2 deluxe are currently $20 combined on the xbox store. PSN has some amazing ones, too. Nintendo? hell nah

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
And it's sad, Square will most likely not localize this even though the fan translation is actually very good.

Yeah this seems like a budget title. I find it highly unlikely they will translate Seiken Densetsu 3 just to sell a budget title/collection. Which is pretty sad, cause this title alone in English would sell me on the switch.

Didn't Nintendo mention years ago that they would make a secret of mana collection, but refused to because of piracy?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
just emulate it, SK3 has had an english translation for over ten years.
stupid nerds.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Do you guys think this system will have a lineup of games like a console, or like a handheld system? I hope it will have the lineup of a DS/3DS.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Do you guys think this system will have a lineup of games like a console, or like a handheld system? I hope it will have the lineup of a DS/3DS.

I would say both.
• Old people and kiddos dont play full scale console games.
• Nintendo is gonna crank out console games for the masses anyways.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I hope it will have the lineup of a DS/3DS.

This will definitely happen; all these past handheld developers won't suddenly cease to exist, nor will all those handheld series. But the boarders between a console and a handheld game will surely loose their sharpness.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
just emulate it, SK3 has had an english translation for over ten years.
stupid nerds.

Local portable multiplayer. I'm still on the fence about the switch version. Rationally the Japanese language barrier, the joycons, or the tabletop setup would be a greater barrier than a laptop and usb hub.

But since when are people rational?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Played some of Blaster Master Zero earlier tonight...and wow, what an excellent remake/overhaul of the original NES game. This feels like a long-lost Super Nintendo game with some real meat to the game now.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Played some of Blaster Master Zero earlier tonight...and wow, what an excellent remake/overhaul of the original NES game. This feels like a long-lost Super Nintendo game with some real meat to the game now.

It looks gorgeous, indeed. There's a very informative DF video on this topic here.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Local portable multiplayer. I'm still on the fence about the switch version. Rationally the Japanese language barrier, the joycons, or the tabletop setup would be a greater barrier than a laptop and usb hub.

But since when are people rational?

Why care about multiplayer when you don't have any friends?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nintendo Switch...it off and throw it in the bin. They could've done all this on the Wii U.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

Seconded. Tbh, anytime I see Inti Creates logo on a project, I'm immediately interested. They attained 'Legend' status after the MMZ series as far as I'm concerned.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The Azure Gun Strike Volt games are both very good too! They actually released a 3DS cart with both games in one.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The Azure Gun Strike Volt games are both very good too! They actually released a 3DS cart with both games in one.

Yes, I really enjoy those games; they really got creative with the boss characters. I went out of my way to find the physical copy, and it's never far from my 3DS ;)

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I ended up importing I Am Setsuna from YesAsia and got it about a week back and it's really fantastic. I know it isn't exactly a new game and multiplatform but it's a fun one, and I went with physical media since it was only $43 (vs $40 for digital) and was in English already too (and French.) I recommend ordering from them if you want it at the best price, ebay cocks want like $60 for it or more.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Seconded. Tbh, anytime I see Inti Creates logo on a project, I'm immediately interested. They attained 'Legend' status after the MMZ series as far as I'm concerned.

+1
Always solid 2d action to be found when they're involved imho. Back then, after their gba mmz games I was really hoping to see them tackle other 2d capcom franchises on gba like bionic commando or strider.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My gf has put more hours into Zelda than i have. She's terrible at anything that uses dual analogs, but she sticking it out with Zelda.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've seen repeated comments like yours above along with stuff like:
- Dislike/hate open world but this is so well done it fixes the parts one hates about that
- Losing time like mad not realizing how much time is sunk
- ...yet never seems to feel old/stale
- Person usually disliked Zelda or this general style (third person exploration) games but likes it

It seems to break down some walls it's just so well crafted. Hopefully others take notes from the BotW playbook and really tries to make their open world titles more fun along these lines as perhaps it could open doors, unless it really is a mix of Nintendo magic/Zelda love doing it.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The fact that there is always something to see (Korok seeds, shrine/puzzles, memories, etc) or monsters to fight keep the game fresh.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone else still playing Binding of Isaac? I hate everything about how it looks and sounds--but I also haven't touched Zelda for 1.5 weeks now. I wish they sold some kind of skin DLC so I didn't have to look at the terrible art while I played.