DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours - Out Now!!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
totally surprised by this release on the psnetwork, I should perhaps have researched and picked up the steam version instead.... but it's pretty dope and I'm happy I got this game :) the widescreen isn't so bad on a 65" tv... I think I get a tiny bit of lag but if I get another matching monitor I'll buy the steam version for serious time.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
After two hours of struggling, I'm tapping out. I can't for the life of me get the game to recognize I have a second monitor. It only gives me the option of full screen and windowed and that displays super small across three monitors. I don't have the time or the patients for something that won't just run the way it supposed too. I'll be returning this.

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
After two hours of struggling, I'm tapping out. I can't for the life of me get the game to recognize I have a second monitor. It only gives me the option of full screen and windowed and that displays super small across three monitors. I don't have the time or the patients for something that won't just run the way it supposed too. I'll be returning this.

That's shitty man. :( But I feel you. Dealing with this kind of crap over and over again (even with top end PC hardware) is one of the reasons I prefer to game on consoles.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That's shitty man. :( But I feel you. Dealing with this kind of crap over and over again (even with top end PC hardware) is one of the reasons I prefer to game on consoles.

Yeah this is a pretty high end build tbh and I'm shocked at the amount of display issues Ive had with this. I used to run nvidia and it seemed much easier. But, I have so much sunk into this amd setup I'm stuck with it now.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Some Dariusburst action on the projector with 3 Taito VLX sticks (just need 1 more). Next planning to get a second project to go nuts with some ultra giant no seam line action hahaha

Please excuse the crappy cellphone shot

B8E962DE-BFD0-4953-B00C-D85BEDB02BCF_zps3vvqzu8t.jpg~original

09758AA8-7599-4D31-8556-7D7EDF843454_zpsgslzmohv.jpg~original

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
that's fucking awesome...I'm far too consumed with jealousy to excuse your cellphone shot sir.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
that's fucking awesome...I'm far too consumed with jealousy to excuse your cellphone shot sir.

It's so nice they finally released this game beyond a portable platform. To be able to play it legitimately beyond a PSP emulator or the arcade cab is nice. I've played it once on a arcade cab up in LA... four player action was a blast.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I would be all over this if it was on disc, even at $70 or whatever play-asia would mark it up to. It's really hard for me to stomach a $60 download license that isn't going to work when my PS4 dies in 10 years.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's really hard for me to stomach a $60 download license that isn't going to work when my PS4 dies in 10 years.

So much can happen in 10 years, in the meantime just enjoy the nonchalantly unconstrained Zuntata soundtrack and the loss of 60 bucks will seem so... distant ;).

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Ugh, why doesn't this have cross-buy between PS4/Vita?

I think I'll snag the physical Vita copy for now, and grab it on Steam later when it goes on sale.

Randomsense

New Challenger
Looks awesome but I think I'll be waiting for a sale too. Unfortunately I don't have much of a chance on playing local multiplayer at the moment which would be the biggest draw for me.

Redguard

New Challenger
I try to avoid paying full price for virtual goods. Hoping for a sale sometime in the future.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I try to avoid paying full price for virtual goods. Hoping for a sale sometime in the future.

I paid sub 40 the first week it was out on Steam. Worth every penny. By the way, that wasn't Degica's call on the price, that was the developer themselves.

Redguard

New Challenger
I paid sub 40 the first week it was out on Steam. Worth every penny. By the way, that wasn't Degica's call on the price, that was the developer themselves.

I just pulled the trigger on the Steam version. 20% off sale and I could not resist.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Anyone else have it for the Vita?
I had the game crash 3 times after I cleared a stage & got back to the map screen.
Otherwise, I'm loving it. The CS mode is great to play in short bursts or long sessions, works out pretty well on a handheld.

jtucci31

n00b
Sorry to bump this thread, but I've been sort of wanting this game lately. I was wondering if anyone downloaded the Sega DLC like the Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc. and if so, how were they?

I really wish this came on a physical format for the PS4 as spending close to $60 for a download is hefty. (But I'm pretty sure it's on sale currently)

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I picked this up for Vita a few days ago and haven't been that impressed. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but it seems boring and repetitive.

I got it for $24 on sale and feel like I wasted my money. Sine Mora at $10 is a steal in comparison. I got them both at the same time and have only been playing Sine Mora.

What am I missing here?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I picked this up for Vita a few days ago and haven't been that impressed. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but it seems boring and repetitive.

I got it for $24 on sale and feel like I wasted my money. Sine Mora at $10 is a steal in comparison. I got them both at the same time and have only been playing Sine Mora.

What am I missing here?
I think the Darius series sits at the cusp of Love/Hate for many people. I think it's biggest draw is the soundtrack to the whole series.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I think the Darius series sits at the cusp of Love/Hate for many people. I think it's biggest draw is the soundtrack to the whole series.

I hate that I love it so much.

The PSP DariusBurst was great. I found it a little too easy, but it was still very enjoyable.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So this caught my attention. Never been a huge Darius fan, but it looks good. One of my all time video game wants is an awesome MMO SHMUP. Could this be good enough to pull a non Darius fan in?

It sounds like steam is the way to go. Would that be correct?

Man, wish I had got this on my Vita when it was on "sale" in Europe for £19.99.......I actually had only just got the Vita at that point and thought it was a pretty ridiculous price for a DL title (I try my damnedest NOT to buy digital, and especially not if they are expensive).

But now I wish I had as effin loved Burst on the PSP (albeit on the easy side but it just felt like a nice break from bullet hell) and want this a lot.......hmmm, importing it physically is what I want to do but equally want to try and hold out for a cheaper price.

Can you tell Ive only just got the Vita? talking about things getting cheaper as time goes and by!!?? what an idiot.