DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours - Out Now!!

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
PS4, and Vita Digital Release - (PS4 out 12/2, Vita out 11/30) Cross save compatible. 4-player local co-op on PS4.

PC - Steam, Windows only, December 3, 2015. Supports dualu-monitor setups. 4-player local co-op.

Vita Physical release - regular and limited edition region free Japanese release. You can order them from import stores like Play Asia. http://www.play-asia.com/search/Dariusburst+Chronicle+Saviours

========================================

Forbes interview with the devs, Pyramid - http://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...rs-is-the-game-weve-waited-over-a-decade-for/

TGS 2015 trailer: https://youtu.be/qRCchsKmQBk

Hyped! I'll probably pick this up for Vita and PC... Gotta try a multi-monitor run!

Anyone else getting it?

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'll pick it up. It was a fun game in the arcade, and I'd love to give it another go. It's definitely better with four players, but I will be lucky to get someone else to sit down and play it with me... So, I'll grab the PC or PS4 version as well.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
PC and PS4 have 4 player local co-op, which is awesome. Doesn't look like any co-op for Vita.

Anyone know about online modes? At one point it sounded like you could create some sort of group/guild thing and work together to unlock stages?

Edit: In the original Arcade mode, you are assigned an online "virtual cabinet". As you beat stages and complete their requirements, you unlock the surrounding stages for everyone assigned to that virtual cabinet.

image.jpg

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I was hoping for triple monitor support on the PC version, but I guess I'll settle for just two.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I was hoping for triple monitor support on the PC version, but I guess I'll settle for just two.

Did you see somewhere it stated only 2? Usually when a game lists multi-monitor support, it means however many your gpu can handle.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Warning

A huge battleship

'the tardis'

is approaching fast

:keke:

Did you see somewhere it stated only 2? Usually when a game lists multi-monitor support, it means however many your gpu can handle.

On the listing on Steam it says dual monitor support not multi. Hope it's just worded wrong as this was one of my main reasons for buying into a three monitor setup.

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I would love to see this one on 2 of those ultra wide LG monitors. Super hot shit right there.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
it's gonna cost you $60 for PS4..............
I'd rather stay with Vita version as it's also a physical release........:(

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Enjoying it so far. Haven't ran into too many issues- most of my complaints will be/have been addressed. This will be a shit ton of fun if you like shmups, and it's super polished. (Just remember to tap turn to back out of AC mode in the menus, there was no mention of it last time I checked)

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Using Cabinet #0004

If you want, you can switch your cabinet in the options to work on unlocking this stuff with me!

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Played it 4 player couch coop with some friends tonight. We all enjoyed it. It looks, sounds, and plays like Darius, but the wide play field gives four players a lot of room to move around while still leaving room for plenty of enemies and bullets. And no flicker or slowdown either.

As far as 4 player shmups go, I think it's executed better than Giga Wing 2 and Armada, but Geometry Wars 1 & 2 is still the gold standard for intensity and variety. What other home 4 player shmups are there?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I got about an hour of play time in tonight. My impressions so far

Pros:
Amazing soundtrack
Looks really nice in arcade mode
Controls great,runs great
Really fun, demolishing swarms is awesome

Cons:
Zoomed in chronicle mode is uglier than arcade,but not a huge deal
Would like more details on ships when picking them, when friends come over they won't have a clue which do what

Really like it so far, hope to get more time this weekend

Works well on a projector if you don't have dual monitors,feet for reference lol

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I got about an hour of play time in tonight. My impressions so far

Pros:
Amazing soundtrack
Looks really nice in arcade mode
Controls great,runs great
Really fun, demolishing swarms is awesome

Cons:
Zoomed in chronicle mode is uglier than arcade,but not a huge deal
Would like more details on ships when picking them, when friends come over they won't have a clue which do what

Really like it so far, hope to get more time this weekend

Works well on a projector if you don't have dual monitors,feet for reference lol

ProjectorDarius looks amazing!!

For Vita Bros- New CS mode is very playable on the small screen. Arcade AC mode (ultra wide) is playable, but almost absurdly small on Vita. Console/PC are the way to go if you are only in this for the arcade port.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
ProjectorDarius looks amazing!!

For Vita Bros- New CS mode is very playable on the small screen. Arcade AC mode (ultra wide) is playable, but almost absurdly small on Vita. Console/PC are the way to go if you are only in this for the arcade port.

I could definitely see arcade mode being a hard play. Dual screen on pc is probably the best option, one thing to note for people it did say they have to be a min res of 1080p for dual screen.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think how they pulled that off is that you can force where the screen centers itself. Pretty cool actually.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I think how they pulled that off is that you can force where the screen centers itself. Pretty cool actually.

Yeah, on 1st blush-I thought it arcade perfect.

Now, I can see its:

[4:3] [ 16:9 ] [4:3]

Hella cool tho. 4:3 flat panels are $10 @ goodwill right now.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I'm going to have to get this and try it out on the Blast. What's the deal with the arcade version?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Sweet post up if it runs at some res that works at 31khz, I haven't tried it yet.