DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours - Out Now!!

xorthen

Banned
Would get this if it were physical. Getting really bummed out at all of the digital only releases. You can't even hold it. Kind of like music. You_cant_even_hold_music.jpg

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Would get this if it were physical. Getting really bummed out at all of the digital only releases. You can't even hold it. Kind of like music. View attachment 35613

Vita physical and limited edition with art book are available as imports if you gotta have the cart in hand. PS4 I don't think has a physical.

(I feel you on lamenting digital only releases, I still try to buy physical when possible)

http://www.play-asia.com/dariusburst-chronicle-saviours/13/709adp

image.jpeg

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Physical PS4 disc? Fuck yes.

I don't have a PS4 joystick yet... worth modding one of my other sticks to use with CS? How's it play with a stick? I'd assume that's the way to go, but the Vita Dpad controls are good, so maybe they tuned it for controller use.

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Finally got to play it in its Arcade form...was completely blown away by the cab, the best arcade experience i had in years. Really, really good.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Damn, that physical release for Vita is steep, but the soundtrack is on point. Loving the music and artwork

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
No PS4, just a PSTV. It would be more justifiable as a PS4 purchase.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Ketsui ship? Helicopters in outer space dudes! :loco:

Souky ship could be fun if it follows the game mechanics.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I still want to buy this game but damn it taito put it on a ps4 disc

They finally will. Next year.
Meanwhile I have spend 33€ on the digital version and will, of course, double dip....but oh well.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
The PS4/Vita versions of DariusBurst:CS are on sale as part of this weekend's US PSN flash sale.

But, more interesting, all of the DLC bundles are on sale too! There are currently 5 bundles available on PSN (Sega, Capcom, Eighting, Taito, and Cave) with three extra ships/themes in each bundle. The bundles are $6 each until Monday AM... 50% off.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
The PS4/Vita versions of DariusBurst:CS are on sale as part of this weekend's US PSN flash sale.

But, more interesting, all of the DLC bundles are on sale too! There are currently 5 bundles available on PSN (Sega, Capcom, Eighting, Taito, and Cave) with three extra ships/themes in each bundle. The bundles are $6 each until Monday AM... 50% off.

Wow............it's time to buy those DLC bundles...............finally

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I saw these in the sale but felt like they were still too expensive. Are they worth it?

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
The base game already has a ton of stages, so it's probably enough for most players. But, if you like seeing old favorites mashed into a new game the DLC packs are pretty neat. Some ships, like Opa-Opa, add new gameplay mechanics like collecting coins that you use to buy power-ups while playing. Each DLC has a few custom stages but they all just use DB:CS enemies in new patterns.

$30 is still pretty expensive to get all 5 DLC packs, but with licensing from the different companies I'm surprised to see them discounted at all. The Sega pack has Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, and Galaxy Force 2... decent combo for $6 to try it out and see if the rest of the DLC is worth it to you.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I've been wanting to get this for a long time. I play it every time I go to the 1Up in Denver. It's my favorite game in the place. I finally grabbed it during the flash sale. I have a fancy joystick to try out with it so I hope to improve for the next time I take a trip to the arcade!

Neccros007

n00b
I've been wanting to get this for a long time. I play it every time I go to the 1Up in Denver. It's my favorite game in the place. I finally grabbed it during the flash sale. I have a fancy joystick to try out with it so I hope to improve for the next time I take a trip to the arcade!

Does 1Up have the full blown Japanese cabinet?? If so that's the BEST way to play!!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
What type of monitor setup would you need to play this game the way its meant to be played, and without bars on the top and bottom? A dual or triple setup? One ultra wide?

I think a dedicated setup for this game would be really fun.

***EDIT***

It looks like the ideal setup would be two 33x9 monitors side by side.

So I guess the real question is, if you were going to make your dream setup for this game, what 2 monitors would you choose and why?

Bonus if you find monitors that tate.

Last edited: