So how do you guys feel about teachers pushing their own gender agendas on children?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Dollars to doughnuts...

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/dollars+to+donuts

I'd take that bet:scratch:I don't think your suggestion will happen, if a boy wanted to play dolls nice...the chicks would usually let him anyhow. I don't think anything was forced(you can still get in trouble for not sharing) unless the girls were made to play with the Lego? sure the guy would (maybe)get ostracized for playing dolls but as long as the in charge types don't stop him? I don't see an agenda being forced here.

really we can only guess from the article a few details like if the girls tried and if the boys bullied are lacking
all the kids in the pic are asian anyhow whats she worried about

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Hahahahaha, truth.

By the way, in case nobody noticed... males and females ARE different. So should they be treated differently? YES.

Is that wrong? NO.

Fight against it as much as you want, but men and women are built differently and think differently. There's a reason for that and you shouldn't try and fuck with it.

Why should we push girls/women towards domestic roles when... as a society those roles have no value anymore. Both people need to work in order to afford a family. Those traditional roles have to be shared, or doled out to servants.

The only people that benefit from praising a girl's pretty dress all her childhood is the fashion industry.

The only people that benefit from having girl toys and boy toys are marketers, because it makes their life easier, and people who want to get gifts for kids they know nothing about.

I really don't think it matters if they think differently, guess what? Life doesn't care. The best thing parents could do for their daughters is to take their dolls away, take their pretty dresses away, and cut their hair, and explain to them just how disappointed you would be if they chose to become a princess, how useless such women are, and tell them you'd rather they be janitors.

You should fight it, because any girl that grows up to be a domestic home maker is a leech on society.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
norton's brain is absolutely immune to any truth coming from something that could even remotely be construed as being conservative

it just won't register - it's like directive 4 in Robocop, his brain just seizes up

you people should really just stop trying

It's why I no longer care about anything he says unless it's about wrestling, which he has a pretty good head for it must be said.

But he'd still be allowed to my gathering.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Why should we push girls/women towards domestic roles when... as a society those roles have no value anymore. Both people need to work in order to afford a family. Those traditional roles have to be shared, or doled out to servants.

The only people that benefit from praising a girl's pretty dress all her childhood is the fashion industry.

The only people that benefit from having girl toys and boy toys are marketers, because it makes their life easier, and people who want to get gifts for kids they know nothing about.

I really don't think it matters if they think differently, guess what? Life doesn't care. The best thing parents could do for their daughters is to take their dolls away, take their pretty dresses away, and cut their hair, and explain to them just how disappointed you would be if they chose to become a princess, how useless such women are, and tell them you'd rather they be janitors.

You should fight it, because any girl that grows up to be a domestic home maker is a leech on society.

How does boys playing with lego push girls towards domestic roles?

In what way are domestic home makers a leech on society?

Why are you unable to provide for your family?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...I don't think your suggestion will happen, if a boy wanted to play dolls nice...

Of course, the suggestion was rather a prediction of what another teacher might be trying to enforce next time around. We all had our favorite plushie and I'd be the last one to forbid any child playing with dolls.

Oh, and the Doughnuts idiom was just a wink to LoneSage, he's quite irritated by my alleged English language virtues, which I wanted to carry on to self-satire like extremes. Well, and now we had some collateral damage ;).

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
How does boys playing with lego push girls towards domestic roles?
It doesn't. My post was a response to a single post. We generally push girls towards domestic roles by encouraging their interests in homemaking, cooking, cleaning, etc via dolls, and toy ovens, etc.

In what way are domestic home makers a leech on society?
Because they don't earn income.

Why are you unable to provide for your family?
Nope, if I had one child and a wife to take care of, and neither of them worked, I would not be able to support them. Where I live only people making over 140K/year can afford to have their wife/husband stay at home.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It doesn't. My post was a response to a single post. We generally push girls towards domestic roles by encouraging their interests in homemaking, cooking, cleaning, etc via dolls, and toy ovens, etc.

Nope, if I had one child and a wife to take care of, and neither of them worked, I would not be able to support them. Only people making over 140K/year can afford to have their wife/husband stay at home.

Is this some kind of troll post silliness?

Where did you conjure up the "140K" number....out of thin air. My wife and I make less than that combined...

I wish I made enough for my wife not to have an outside job...but I do not. I'd like to add that a productive home maker is a dying yet important role...and a ton of work on its own...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

Nope, if I had one child and a wife to take care of, and neither of them worked, I would not be able to support them. Where I live only people making over 140K/year can afford to have their wife/husband stay at home.

Not earning income doesn't make someone a leech. If someone makes $10 an hour as a waitress and pays someone else $10 an hour to raise their children while they are at work are they then magically not a leech on society?

If you can't afford to support your family where you live then you have four options. Have your wife work, earn more yourself, move, take out a life insurance policy then accidentally die. There is nothing wrong with the first option that you have chosen, but there is also nothing wrong with the other three.

Consider all three carefully.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
My plan when the missus is ready is to do everything possible to have her at home. Guess I'm a non progressive leech enabler cause I still see importance in the classic family dynamic. I fully support a woman's right to wear a pantsuit for the record.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
It's why I no longer care about anything he says unless it's about wrestling, which he has a pretty good head for it must be said.

But he'd still be allowed to my gathering.

Yeah, he generally seems like a decent dude. I try not to take political shit personally ... doesn't always work out for me though. :emb:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Want to end a gender equality argument in a hurry?

Explain that selective service should apply to women as well. You'll hear all about how women are different.

Game over.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I still think you're missing her entire point?ut I'll humor you and go in your direction.

So...

Kid A wants something.

Kid B is hogging that something.

Do you actually think that removing Kid B from the equation to give A easy and free access is the right idea? How does this apply to life outside of a school/controlled environment? The fact is, its doesn't.

You council Kid A to learn to deal with B?nd then let the chips fall on their own. Either Kid A will learn to deal with it?r go without. Such is life, this is how things work.

Sometimes I like you?ometimes I really think you have your head so far up into you colon?ts a good thing you don't call the shots. In this case, your approach is the most unrealistic, absurd and damaging thing you can do to a young person. It in no way will set them up for how the world really works?hich is aggressive people taking what they want unless you learn to deal with them.

Conditioning the young to be completely dependent on outside intervention to resolve even the most simplistic and basic of person-to-person problems is a horrible thing to do?nd is setting them up for a lifetime of failure.

These are kindergartners here. So right now, sharing and waiting turns is the type of conditioning that you need to work on.

Second, It is the job of the teacher to make sure that the resources are being used in an effective manner. It is also his/her job to push students in such a way that that exposes them to new activities, particularly activities that promote certain skills.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Want to end a gender equality argument in a hurry?

Explain that selective service should apply to women as well. You'll hear all about how women are different.

Game over.

There's one more step. You implement selective service for women, and tell them you don't give a flying fuck how different women are.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
fuck selective service

you don't achieve equality by forcing the same burdens on everyone, you do it by removing them from everyone

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
These are kindergartners here. So right now, sharing and waiting turns is the type of conditioning that you need to work on.

Second, It is the job of the teacher to make sure that the resources are being used in an effective manner. It is also his/her job to push students in such a way that that exposes them to new activities, particularly activities that promote certain skills.

I'm with norton on this.

I mean, take away the teacher calling it a 'gender experiment' or whatever and all that happened was the teacher letting other kids have a chance to play with toys some other kids were hogging.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
fuck selective service

you don't achieve equality by forcing the same burdens on everyone, you do it by removing them from everyone

Idealistic bullshit.

Besides it's fun to have a full-proof way to make feminist (and their dickless allies) shut the fuck up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was at Barnes and Noble tonight watching my daughter play with a Thomas the Train toy set in the kids section while my wife was browsing. A woman came up with her two year old boy who was also playing with the trains. There were some large stuffed My Little Ponies nearby and the boy went over there to play with them, and the mom wouldn't let him, insisting that he play with the trains instead, like playing with a pony is going to make him catch teh gay. It made me a little sad.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The stereotypes still how true after all these years whether we admit them or not.

Spoiler:
The majority of grocery shoppers are still women.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I was at Barnes and Noble tonight watching my daughter play with a Thomas the Train toy set in the kids section while my wife was browsing. A woman came up with her two year old boy who was also playing with the trains. There were some large stuffed My Little Ponies nearby and the boy went over there to play with them, and the mom wouldn't let him, insisting that he play with the trains instead, like playing with a pony is going to make him catch teh gay. It made me a little sad.

Yeah, that's equally stupid. Just let kids be fucking kids.

Forcing them to do this and that, and calling it "exposure" is fucking bullshit. Don't children get enough "exposure" for the other 10 hours a day? Can't the little bastards have 15 minutes to do what the fuck they want?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Idealistic bullshit.

Besides it's fun to have a full-proof way to make feminist (and their dickless allies) shut the fuck up.

It may be idealistic but it's not bullshit. The draft is fucking slavery and nobody should have to register for it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It may be idealistic but it's not bullshit. The draft is fucking slavery and nobody should have to register for it.

On one hand, I gotta agree with you.
On the other hand, a true draft is the best way to prevent war.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!

It's not teh gay she's worried about.
She doesn't want him to be a Brony. This is totally understandable.