So how do you guys feel about teachers pushing their own gender agendas on children?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Hadn't heard of selective service before. Has anyone here who disagrees with it had the balls to not register?

Edit - maybe don't answer that, could it get you in shit?

Edit edit - Just looked up any similar set up in the UK and we don't have anything like that. If the shit truly hit the fan though of course we would all be called upon to die for our rich, at least your way is up front about it.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hadn't heard of selective service before. Has anyone here who disagrees with it had the balls to not register?

dude it's illegal if you dont. you must register. 'murika. i remember turning 18 and that letter in the mailbox showing up a few days before or after it.

NAH BUTS AMERICAS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD RIGHT

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
dude it's illegal if you dont. you must register. 'murika. i remember turning 18 and that letter in the mailbox showing up a few days before or after it.

NAH BUTS AMERICAS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD RIGHT

Yeah but if you believe in something it's worth breaking the law for, no?

Besides, no one's been prosecuted for not signing up since 1986, it strikes me as a safe place to make a small statement should you be so inclined.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think most of us view of it like The Queen being the monarch of Canada - like, yeah, technically she is, but it's just bullshit and no one cares.

Now, if men were being drafted again, I guarantee you there would be a shitstorm.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That doesn't make any fucking sense at all.

Of course it does.

When you have a draft, there is a lot of pressure on politicians to avoid war. Less the children of their constituents be sent off to die.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Of course it does.

When you have a draft, there is a lot of pressure on politicians to avoid war. Less the children of their constituents be sent off to die.

Armies are for making war. Raising the largest possible army is not a fucking war deterrent. Countries with a draft are more, not less, likely to go to war.

Also hilarious that you think politicians are truly beholden to constituents and not defense contractors, arms manufacturers, bankers, labor unions, etc.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Armies are for making war. Raising the largest possible army is not a fucking war deterrent. Countries with a draft are more, not less, likely to go to war.

If we had a real draft, maybe differently.

It's all in theory and real world application might end up differently... Like you know.... Austrian economics.