Capcom will release Resident Evil 6 on PS4/Xbox One

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race has been playing a better version than this for God knows how long. What's up with the PS4 and Xbone getting so many ports of the superior PC versions of games from previous generations?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
RE1 & RE2 HD Remaster > RE [...put any other number of choice here]

agreed.the resident evil 1 remake is one of the best games i have played in the past twenty years.it was refreshing for the franchise to go back to it's roots and become a true horror game.even the greatest silent hill titles can't compete with the atmosphere that the remake creates.

for me resident evil remake was one of the only times where the game was better then the high expectations i already had for it.

Last edited:

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Not sure what to feel about this.

Problem with RE6 is that the excellent game mechanics are dragged down by horribly designed campaigns.

In this case, RE5 is a better game to remaster.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Move to International and ban Liquid Snake plz.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
so PS4 is a platform for remastered/remake

it's going to be exactly the same. just with a slight 'smart blur' filter applied and a ps4 exclusive 'costume' to make it worth the purchase.

on a side note, 6 is currently $7.49 on Steam

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I hated RE5 and 6 with a passion. I'm just hoping Capcom does not fuck up the RE2 remake

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I hated RE5 and 6 with a passion. I'm just hoping Capcom does not fuck up the RE2 remake
Yeah because standing still to shoot, with a bad camera angle is gonna be great in hd. Games have moved on, a graphics upscale isn't enough. Give it the playability of 6 and you might have gold on your hands.

And I loved re2 at the time. Still love 3. But god damn if they aren't annoying thanks to the camera angles, standing still to aim, lack of any real hand to hand ability, or dodging other than just running past. I know they were a big deal for their time, but a complete overhaul on a new engine is what's needed, not simply a touch up with better graphics.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Yeah because standing still to shoot, with a bad camera angle is gonna be great in hd. Games have moved on, a graphics upscale isn't enough. Give it the playability of 6 and you might have gold on your hands.

And I loved re2 at the time. Still love 3. But god damn if they aren't annoying thanks to the camera angles, standing still to aim, lack of any real hand to hand ability, or dodging other than just running past. I know they were a big deal for their time, but a complete overhaul on a new engine is what's needed, not simply a touch up with better graphics.

i could see resident evil 2 working with a third person view and updated controls similar to the later games in the franchise.but i'm so glad the resident evil 1 remake turned out the way it did.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I hear where you guys are coming from. Really. I just feel RE 5 and 6 were bland action games. I just want another survival/horror game.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
i could see resident evil 2 working with a third person view and updated controls similar to the later games in the franchise.but i'm so glad the resident evil 1 remake turned out the way it did.