Question for Framemeister users

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Check the back of your mini, there might be one already there.

keropi

n00b
SD cards are not included with all minis, a year+ ago they cheaped out on it and minis don't come with SD cards anymore. So if it's a new unit then you have to provide your own... not a big deal but c'mon, the unit isn't exactly cheap :eek_2:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Mine is only a few months old. Definitely not one in the system, and it isn't worth digging the box out of storage to check. I already needed to buy a small microSD card, so now I'll just buy 2.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just downloaded that guy's package of profiles...man, talk about OCD with the various settings. Glad he went through the trouble, though. Right now I'm using my NAOMI via the xrgb, took me a lot of messing around to get the settings looking good so I'll definitely be saving that profile. I can post the settings if anyone cares. They seem to look equally as good running the Atomiswave, major difference was a sync adjustment that caused issues on the NAOMI. I also went ahead and ordered those RGB cables from Solaris, I don't have a SNES or PSX cable so I needed those, I'll report if there's any quality difference compared to my current Saturn cable.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Does he do profiles for 720p or only 1080p?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I've tried the unit with an Insignia LED and a Panasonic Plasma and got similar performance. The Plasma seems a lot better however due to the lack of motion blur and motion is a lot smoother, but that has nothing to do with the framemeister. Also, I can't get a perfect sync with either TV for my MVS. I know AES has a slightly different refresh rate, and maybe that will sync better. Whether I set Sync to 'auto' or 'off', I get a slight judder every 2 seconds or so.

Yeah plasmas are better when it comes to motion compared to lcd's. They also have a nice soft look which really lend themselves well to up scaling these 2d games. I actually like them for modern games as well. My cousin commented that CoD plays smoothest on my plasma. Same is true for 2d games with the framesiter, I haven't played a games where the response time has been detrimental.

Most TV have a GAME mode that remove all the processing done by the TV , this greatly helps with the framemeister.

Yes, but even then I know that some tv's do struggle with response times.

just in case someone does not know it, ver2x firmware allows for profiles save/loading and FBX has made a bunch of them with correct aspect ratio, pixel size etc: http://www.firebrandx.com/pixelpurist.html - look at the bottom of the page, it's an ongoing project.

I haven't touched my framesiter since the update but this seems like a good enough reason to play on the plasma again.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Wow, the cables I ordered from Solaris just arrived, these are really nice quality. I was expecting something like the stuff I've bought on EBay, but we're talking quality molded connectors and nice gauge cable. They even came in their own boxes. I'll try to compare the Saturn one tonight vs the existing cable I have.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm still on the fence about just buying an RGB monitor. I needed an HDMI capable anyway, and the framemeister does indeed make older games look about a billion times better than not having it at all, but my Sony CRT still kills even the Plasma with regards to motion clarity. Lag I haven't really had a problem with (it IS of course present.) Why can't they make a TV with the benefits of CRT? Even those OLED TVs have the same issues.