R2's Gameroom

r2-2d

n00b
A couple of videos of my new and improved little gameroom:

1.0 : How it was

En 2.0 How it's at the moment. It still needs some finetuning like i would love some dualscreen Darius Burst action (but i don't think that'll fit.)

My crossbox in action , the ideal vert groovy mame configuration.
Everything works like a charm , runs all the Cave games smoothly. The only one that isn't on it is Saidaijou (but i don't even know if it's emulated yet.)

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Damn that's allot of screens you got there. Very impressive.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
How large is the actual space? I thought I was crammed in my 100 sqft with four cabs and a crt. Love the posters and Egret 2. Rewiring one of those setups must take you all day!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Never heard of crossbox, but it looks intriguing.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
well done dude, one of the best collections i've seen so far.

r2-2d

n00b
How large is the actual space? I thought I was crammed in my 100 sqft with four cabs and a crt. Love the posters and Egret 2. Rewiring one of those setups must take you all day!

I don't know exactly but i think it's also about 100 sqft.
And yeah i tend not to rewire too much, but when i do it takes some time :)

r2-2d

n00b
I'm in the same boat. Any more info on this?

The crossbox is a complete mame setup you can buy from French forum Neo Arcadia member Stickcross.
It's a plug and play mame computer with all the right settings running a tweaked hyperspin/ groovymame configuration. Especially the vertical frontend / interface comes recommended, it works very well. All runs beautifully in crisp 15khz, scanlines and all. I can't tell if it's running the real pcb or mame.
It doesn't come cheap , but it's ideal for someone who is not that handy and just wants to play :)
For my Taito Egret 2 it's the ideal setup, i can change the monitor to horizontal and switch the ssd in the system for the horizontal games.

Here's more : (in french i'm afraid)

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The crossbox is a complete mame setup you can buy from French forum Neo Arcadia member Stickcross.
It's a plug and play mame computer with all the right settings running a tweaked hyperspin/ groovymame configuration. Especially the vertical frontend / interface comes recommended, it works very well. All runs beautifully in crisp 15khz, scanlines and all. I can't tell if it's running the real pcb or mame.
It doesn't come cheap , but it's ideal for someone who is not that handy and just wants to play :)
For my Taito Egret 2 it's the ideal setup, i can change the monitor to horizontal and switch the ssd in the system for the horizontal games.

Here's more : (in french i'm afraid)
Very cool! Seems like the perfect setup for a smaller game room. Does it have 4 player capabilities?

r2-2d

n00b
Very cool! Seems like the perfect setup for a smaller game room. Does it have 4 player capabilities?

I think it has, but i'm not using it. My other cab is running a original SFIIX pcb.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Love how you have your NAC and E2 setup on v2 of your video. the framed posters look great above them and then the desk full of screens is something else!

Great use of space well done!