Has anyone played Astebreed, if so how is it?

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Just got a PS4, it seems like the kind of shooter I like. ( I like Salamander/Life-Force style shooters )

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's more like Philosoma on PS1 than anything. Wouldn't pay 15 for it, but got it in a bundle for Steam for like .75

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I've read it's a lot like sin and punishment by treasure, if thats true i'll check it out as i like the n64 and the wii games.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've read it's a lot like sin and punishment by treasure, if thats true i'll check it out as i like the n64 and the wii games.

It's not really like it all. Watch a video of Philosoma on PS1. That is its closest association.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't mind a bit of assbreeding when the mood strikes.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
It's not really like it all. Watch a video of Philosoma on PS1. That is its closest association.

Cool KP, i trust your opinion, i've only read about the game, i have got philosoma on the ps1 though and it's not one of my fav's to be honest.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
didn't know about this,looks like it has a lock on system similar to soukyugurentai.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I picked it up on Steam a while back. I'd agree it goes more for the cinematic approach, with lots of things going on in all directions at the same time. Can get a bit confusing to follow the action at times, but after a few goes I got a better feel for it. Also, lots of buttons to use attacks in different ways, which takes a bit of time to learn how to maximize.

If you want a straight up shmup this isn't it, but I found it fun enough for multiple playthroughs.