Why is Ninja Masters so underreated??

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think you need to try some other fighting games.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Ninja Masters would have made a better Beat 'em up (i.e. Final Fight), than a Fighter.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Some cannot get past the poor grammar in the game title's.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Isn't the full title "ninja master's book of secrets" or something?

I don't know anyone that doesn't like the game after playing it. It's no last blade, but I would say it is far from underrated.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
for me the best thing about ninja master's is the kick ass intro.that is only thing the game does better then any other neo game.

as for the game itself?,it just feels like a fighter that belongs on the super famicom and not on the neo imho.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
for me the best thing about ninja master's is the kick ass intro.that is only thing the game does better then any other neo game.

as for the game itself?,it just feels like a fighter that belongs on the super famicom and not on the neo imho.

The atmosphere and music is top notch.

Fighters that belong on the super famicom? Ha. Maybe fatal fury special and earlier. But after that, not ninja masters.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

Fighters that belong on the super famicom? Ha. Maybe fatal fury special and earlier. But after that, not ninja masters.

of course the super famicom can't produce the visuals of a game such as ninja master.and i agree on the music.but what i meant was that the controls and game play of ninja masters feel like a fighter that belongs on the super famicom and just doesn't feel like a neo game.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

No way any other 16 bit console could handle Ninja Master's.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
of course the super famicom can't produce the visuals of a game such as ninja master.and i agree on the music.but what i meant was that the controls and game play of ninja masters feel like a fighter that belongs on the super famicom and just doesn't feel like a neo game.

What does that mean? I'm not even trolling, I legitimately want to know as Idk how a SFC fighter should feel versus a neo fighter should feel.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I like Ninja Masters' dial-a-combo system better than Last Blade 2's, but I haven't heard people say that game belongs on anything other than the Neo.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I like Ninja Masters' dial-a-combo system better than Last Blade 2's, but I haven't heard people say that game belongs on anything other than the Neo.

Surely you've been around here long enough to know people can and will say the most random shit imaginable at any given moment ;)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

You hit the Nail on the head. The atmosphere and music makes the game feel special. To me it's a bit like Samsho 3, very dark and serious with no trying to be cute business. I know I'm in the Minority but I would definitely put Ninja Masters in my top 10 Neo Fighters.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
and so this thread proved Ninja Master's: Haō Ninpō Chō ("Ninja Master's Scrolls of the Supreme Ninja Arts") is not underrated.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
and so this thread proved Ninja Master's: Haō Ninpō Chō ("Ninja Master's Scrolls of the Supreme Ninja Arts") is not underrated.

"Ninja Master's is underrated" deserves a 15 year badge by now.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The game came in '96. A big year for the Neo, as it meant peak & death at the same time. It's also the problem of making a stance in an overpopulated genre, would NM's be an action jump'n run, with equally high production values, the game would be the second MS, spawning a long series. Anyway, it's a sleeper hit now, which ultimately lead ADK to greatness, together with TSS, so kthx.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The game came in '96. A big year for the Neo, as it meant peak & death at the same time. It's also the problem of making a stance in an overpopulated genre, would NM's be an action jump'n run, with equally high production values, the game would be the second MS, spawning a long series. Anyway, it's a sleeper hit now, which ultimately lead ADK to greatness, together with TSS, so kthx.

People didn't think 1996 was the peak in 1998. 1998 gave us some amazing games that felt like massive upgrades. Kof 98, last blade 2, blazing star, asura zanmaden, and the neo geo pocket.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
To me it felt like if Ninja Scroll was turned into a neo fighter. Love it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
People didn't think 1996 was the peak in 1998. 1998 gave us some amazing games that felt like massive upgrades. Kof 98, last blade 2, blazing star, asura zanmaden, and the neo geo pocket.

You're absolutely right and I was too unclear with my expression. I was referring to the change of mind of the mainstream consumer taking place at this time, due to the 3D polygon revolution established by the 32bit generation consoles. It had advantages & disadvantages. The rejection of sprite based games being part of the latter.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think you need to try some other fighting games.

You do too.

Ninja Masters would have made a better Beat 'em up (i.e. Final Fight), than a Fighter.

Makes no sense

it just feels like a fighter that belongs on the super famicom and not on the neo imho.

Oh lemme guess, Breaker's plays like SFII? There are no differences between FFS and RBS other than the graphics? Sam Sho III and IV are the same games? They all belong on the SNES!

You're statement makes it clear that you lack the ability to identify very clear and era defining hallmarks in fighting games.

EDIT:
Ninja Master's is an arcade game to the bone that would even melt a 32-bit console. Super Nintendo?!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Oh lemme guess, Breaker's plays like SFII? There are no differences between FFS and RBS other than the graphics? Sam Sho III and IV are the same games? They all belong on the SNES!

Your statement makes it clear that you lack the ability to identify very clear and era defining hallmarks in fighting games.

This made me laugh harder than I care to admit.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
I always loved the look of this game. It's one of the few MVS games I will still bust out on MAME; since it's not on any of the multis and the cart still eludes me.