Battlefront

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
:blow_top:
OK guys, I know it's a lot to open a thread for my own stupidity but well, here we go.

I was hearing a lot about Star Wars Battlefront. Of course I love Star Wars and preordered way back.

I didn't want to spoil anything, so I didn't read any reviews. well, it arrived some time ago for my PS4, and damned. It's real nice and stuff, but where is the story mode? I know it's totally my fault, every review would of course state that fact. But damn, was I disappointed. Anyone else so stupid?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
there isnt a story mode. its only online multiplayer. Basically meaning in a year or two when no one cares about it anymore it will be fully useless.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
there isnt a story mode. its only online multiplayer. Basically meaning in a year or two when no one cares about it anymore it will be fully useless.

Welcome to 2015! :keke:

The best part of this is that they released 2 versions of the game. For $10 more, you get an extra pistol and some emotes! And if you get bored after a month or something, make sure to check the DLCs! You can save a lot of money and get the season pass right now for only $50!!! What's $120 when it comes to Star Wars awesomeness? :tickled:

:thevt:

Dude, get yourself a copy of Fallout 4 if you want a something to play offline.

Last edited:

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
yeah I know man, but I mean it's really not a bad game, but not worth my bucks wothout a single player mode.
well, off to my cmvs.
fuck you battlefront.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I have been on the fence about Battlefront. I was not all that impressed by the public beta and now I am getting peer pressured by those that preordered to buy this game. Just not sure it is worth it.

I still am playing BF4 and love it.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
same here, BF4 (with one more map coming) really does it for me too...

it's disappointing because I actually really like the occasional aspects of Battlefront, I mean you can play as Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, so it just feels as an incomplete game. I mean BF4 has a single player option (not that I really played that tbh.)...

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I played a bit of Battlefield 4 and didn't like too much the MP.
However I'm enjoying battlefront right now.
The star wars theme is quite enjoyable.
Maybe not worth it at full price (especially knowing the price of the season pass), but I'm sure it will show up on special during Black friday deals?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I find myself mostly playing Fighter Squadron mode. The whole game feels like a big demo. Theres not much content. So many vehicles and characters are left out... for obvious reasons.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
There isn't even an Instant Action mode to play offline against bots.

I used to be in a clan on PS2 for the Battlefront games, and I was on the night of the Xboxolypse (XBL being depreciated for OG Xbox games) playing Battlefront 1 after midnight when matchmaking went offline, staying in the game as long as possible. Good times.

Star Wars Battlefront EA looks like modern trash, as I expected.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's fun but where are the space battles? I used to love running sabotage on other peoples motherships. Lots of content seems left out but thats because its all based on the new movie. I'm sure we will get the chance to purchase the other half of the game soon. Until then it's still fun playing multi player with Sancho.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
From what I can tell, Battlefront is a half-baked sequel with less content. It's just made to tie in with the new film. It could have been a bursting at the seams game with boatloads of characters, maps, weapons etc.

I am definitely getting this once it comes down to around 20 GBP, but I will treat it as a fun time waster rather than serious game.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I am having a blast playing this with GutzDozer and a few of my friends also play it when they aren't playing Blops 3. Once you play the game more and get the hang of things, it really clicks. I bought the season pass with the 10% discount PSN store code and can't wait for more content. For my one player fix, I just play Fallout 4. This is that time of the year when I don't give a shit and just spend the money.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've been playing War Thunder more than this game on PS4. Wish there were vehicle custimization options, for fighter squadron mode in particular.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I broke down and finally bought Battlefront this week as it was $20 off. The hype from seeing the new movie twice coupled with the dealz made me do it.

The game is as expected so far, not bad but nothing all that special outside of SW.

I got it as well and its ok, basically run and kill everything you can before getting killed yourself. Love star wars, the game is ok, graphics are really good.

p3lagic

n00b
I've been on the fence about this game too. I just can get over that's there's no story mode. I've always wondered what will happen with all these games in a couple of years when the servers go offline. There was a recent DMCA exemption made for preserving games for historical purposes ( I'm sure you all know about it, but here's a good explanation; https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/11/new-dmca-ss1201-exemption-video-games-closer-look). It will be interesting to see what collecting ps4 games looks like.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
didn't know about that DMCA excception, nice info. I always asked myself the same question - especially with those browser based UI games such as the newer battlefields... Oh well...

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
well well... anybody played Rainbow Six Siege? Same Online-Only Concept, but that one got me caught for hours now... really like breaking dem walls and shooting bad guys...

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
well well... anybody played Rainbow Six Siege? Same Online-Only Concept, but that one got me caught for hours now... really like breaking dem walls and shooting bad guys...

Hell yeah, I'm loving it so far.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
well, I've been playing a fair bit of RS:S, it's a cool game but matchmaking sucks BIGTIME. you wait for minutes from time to time, and for no obvious reason... then it works just like it's supposed to... really kills the team spirit when you have a decent team, win a match and everybody's leaving the squad because you're waiting for 5 minutes straight not knowing if it's gonna proceed or not... what a shame