R-TYPE LEO THOUGHTS

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'll stick with MAME. I didn't even knew it got ported to some Irem collection...

Neccros007

n00b
I wish ANY of the R-Types would get a proper PC release... Maybe like how they did it on the 360... modern/retro

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Leo is great. It may not has the force ball but still feels R-Type. I find it more difficult than I & II especially after playing it after those 2. You feel so exposed without the force ball. Futhermore if you die and loose your power ups it is very difficult to continue. Stage 3 is the gratest and I have passed through it only once

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
After selling my R Type Leo board last year, I had an old Major Title 2 that was laying around converted. I didn't play it for like six or seven months until a few days ago and the sound is all jacked up. Not sure if it's the shitty old caps M92 boards are notorious for or what. The static sound seemed to change in intensity when I messed with the pots on the remote board to the monitor, which seems like a sign of...uh, something.:scratch:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
After selling my R Type Leo board last year, I had an old Major Title 2 that was laying around converted. I didn't play it for like six or seven months until a few days ago and the sound is all jacked up. Not sure if it's the shitty old caps M92 boards are notorious for or what. The static sound seemed to change in intensity when I messed with the pots on the remote board to the monitor, which seems like a sign of...uh, something.:scratch:
A few months late but for people to know. All brown death caps need replacing on those boards or they kill it. These are responsible for sound. They are 'ELNA". You can find them in a Naomi 2 in smd form. They are leaking there too.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The sound on my conversion quits working on stage 4 or 5. Theres supposed to be a fix but I havent got around to doing it yet. But yeah, replace dem caps if you havent already, Joe.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
serveimage

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Although R1 is one of my most played STG's ever, Leo trumps it.
In fact I would say Leo is the best R-Type game ever made (3 coming cloae)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lmbo

wataru how you doing bro? everything good back home. I'm proud of you btw.

edit: proud of you for standing up to bullies like THEO

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
lmbo

wataru how you doing bro? everything good back home. I'm proud of you btw.

Chillin’ mang. Everything is lovely. Proud of you too, G. Let’s exchange postcards again soon!

Hamster needs to finally put that on PS4 and Switch on Arcade Archives. If they can port the beautiful X-Multiply which only 3 people in the world has heard of then they can do this one. Dragon Breed and Gallop would be very nice too.

nectarsis

Quiz Detective
Hamster needs to finally put that on PS4 and Switch on Arcade Archives. If they can port the beautiful X-Multiply which only 3 people in the world has heard of then they can do this one. Dragon Breed and Gallop would be very nice too.

Except you know the many many people that own the PSA1 really has or have downloaded the arcade archives all of which you still can't afford

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Hello David, spamming up the post count already I see.

nectarsis

Quiz Detective
Do you actually own something thats not a bootleg you're trying to pass off as real?

nectarsis

Quiz Detective
Is that the best you got? lmfao. Don't lie. I know you bought PCE Works CDs and will not reveal that to your buds.

lol This coming from the dipshit that was trying to pass off bootlegs as real and his YouTube channel Facebook groups even I'm here got roasted right left a locked in the war Room until the very few lulls to be had ran out you've been complaining about being some poor bro gamer and everybody here and elsewhere are big ballers LOL. unlike your piles of fakes I only by real deals. ;)

lol This coming from the dipshit that was trying to pass off bootlegs as real and his YouTube channel Facebook groups even I'm here got roasted right left a locked in the war Room until the very few lulls to be had ran out you've been complaining about being some poor bro gamer and everybody here and elsewhere are big ballers LOL. unlike your piles of fakes I only by real deals. ;)

I don't plan on selling my fakes that run much better than Electrohaze's crappy repros. Maybe you might be selling boots as real yourself. I kinda wonder about you.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I don't plan on selling my fakes that run much better than Electrohaze's crappy repros. Maybe you might be selling boots as real yourself. I kinda wonder about you.

I get why you live at home.

Your mom has taken responsibility for you and collects disability on your behalf.

If she has, I'm pretty she would want to know what her little David has been up to all these years. I should probably call her.

Hell, even people with down syndrome get jobs. What's your excuse?