G.rev releasing Strania: The Stella Machina on Steam Nov 27th

Yoshi

20 Year Member
$15 as a flier that they may eventually release Border Down on Steam is worth it to me, considering I've almost bought a full Naomi setup essentially for that game recently.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I played Strania on the XB360 and it wasn't very good.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I know the feeling, you can't like everything. I use to have some individual animosities myself, that seem to endure even the most logical argumentation on behalf of people who see it as plain ignorance. Well, it's either that, or just my character ;).

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I know the feeling, you can't like everything. I use to have some individual animosities myself, that seem to endure even the most logical argumentation on behalf of people who see it as plain ignorance. Well, it's either that, or just my character ;).

G.Rev games are hit and miss with me anyways. I'm not a fan of Border-Down, but everyone seems to like that game. I enjoy Under Defeat, while most people dont.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
G.Rev games are hit and miss with me anyways. I'm not a fan of Border-Down, but everyone seems to like that game. I enjoy Under Defeat, while most people dont.

Border Down is an acquired taste - the mechanic to succeed isn't everyone's cup of tea and I never dug it myself, though it's really quite gorgeous.

However - I was unaware most people don't enjoy Under Defeat. Head to head against BD, i'd wager UD would be the pick of choice. It's top 5 for me, personally.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
However - I was unaware most people don't enjoy Under Defeat. Head to head against BD, i'd wager UD would be the pick of choice. It's top 5 for me, personally.

I think I liked UD as much as I did because I LOVED Zero Gunner 2. The pivot-aiming mechanic was very easy to get used to.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I think I liked UD as much as I did because I LOVED Zero Gunner 2. The pivot-aiming mechanic was very easy to get used to.

Zero Gunner 2 and UD are both excellent. UD is way harder but you get that feeling of really "flying" a ship once you get the hang of it. Once you retrain your brain on this shooter, your scores suddenly jump up.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Border Down is ... really quite gorgeous.

Indeed, it's hard not to love it's high production values, as it's hard not to throw your board out the window because of it's cruel difficulty and rigor. A tough, yet luscious cookie...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've never played Border Down, but I'd give it a try if it ever made it to Steam. I love the game it's a spiritual successor of, Metal Black... Actually one of my all time fav shooters.

Redguard

New Challenger
I spent a little time with this game the other day and it's actually pretty good.A physical copy for the and port on PS4 or Xbox One would be nice, but I think that the whole physical release thing is over for shmups.