Naomi Giga Wing 2 not booting, ROM board test shows nothing

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
So I've got a copy of GW2 that wont boot past the 'LOADING GAME NOW' screen. When I attempt to test the board, nothing shows up. I can edit settings for the game on the system test screen for it, and after I exit the game will get to the Capcom intro but freeze after the animation.

Any ideas? I tested with another game and the motherboard is working fine. Voltages hitting the harness and going from the IO to mobo are within limits.

EDIT: pics
http://imgur.com/a/uUXyZ

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It could be the buffers on the cart. They are very sensitive to over voltage and will cause problems like not booting fully.

Edit:

Did it ever work? Also, trying screwing the cart into the board if you have the screws, that might help.

Last edited:

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
It could be the buffers on the cart. They are very sensitive to over voltage and will cause problems like not booting fully.

Edit:

Did it ever work? Also, trying screwing the cart into the board if you have the screws, that might help.

It worked for a few days when I first got it in the mail! Now it's no bueno. Buffers, eh? I'll do some Googling. Is that something I can fix or should I send it to that ifixsega guy?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It is doable if you can find the parts and have the ability to remove and solder smd parts, but if it wasn't too expensive I'd get it sent off to save the headache.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
It is doable if you can find the parts and have the ability to remove and solder smd parts, but if it wasn't too expensive I'd get it sent off to save the headache.

Thanks for the help man, I just emailed him to get an idea of costs.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Could it be an issue with your I/O board? I've seen Naomi cabs not work over a bad connection to them. The capcom boards are pretty solid, the Sega ones suck though.

Check your connections there. Might even be components on the cart board like pulstar said. I'm not incredibly familiar with these, but I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in. Good luck dude!

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Could it be an issue with your I/O board? I've seen Naomi cabs not work over a bad connection to them. The capcom boards are pretty solid, the Sega ones suck though.

Check your connections there. Might even be components on the cart board like pulstar said. I'm not incredibly familiar with these, but I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in. Good luck dude!

Thanks man, I've reseated the connections multiple times and have Power Stone 2 working, but Giga Wing just keeps shitting the bed.....