Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bootleg Gallery (Pic Heavy)

That's one nasty boot. I thought my Priority Mail Stickers on the EPROM was bad.

Neo Bubble Buster

Don't want to loose that precious bootleg data

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

at least they're covered up...

SouthTown StreetSweeper

That metal slug X boot for AES is disgusting. The two diodes providing a rough 1.4V drop from the 5V supply as "power regulation" is pretty funny.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I had never seen a bootleg Neo Turf Masters MVS cart before... Thanks for posting those pictures !

yeah he did that

Is that Metal Slug X boot one of the NCI bootlegs?
    NEO GEO AES serial#338685
    NEO GEO CDZ serial#24611

HATERS GONNA HATE

Quote Originally Posted by jbeedham View Post
    Is that Metal Slug X boot one of the NCI bootlegs?
    I don't think it's NCI. It doesn't have the AtomikWave board like most NCI games has

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by nhanphanhippo View Post
    I don't think it's NCI. It doesn't have the AtomikWave board like most NCI games has
    One thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand is that Atomikwave/NCI isn't a newcomer by any mean. He's been making bootlegs for a decade. He made a lot of counterfeits the old way before he decided to make his own boards.

Oh and he didn't create his own boards to stop killing AES carts. He never gave a shit about that. He made them to save on parts and production time so he could make more money. The common sac carts (Kof 95, Samurai Shodown 3, Fatal Fury 3, etc...) aren't as cheap as they used to be and flashing his boards is nowhere near as tedious as removing all the mask roms from the original carts and soldering all the eproms back in.

He's been saving a lot of time since he got his new boards. That's why he's now able to produce 50 boots in a row. Thanks to all the noobs and fucktards who never stopped giving him their money, he was able to invest and litterally create his own bootleg factory: boards, cases, shells, manuals, everything.

He even got his buyers to believe that some of his boots were actually licensed. I mean, dude's got talent.
    Last edited by CORY; 02-21-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronbadass View Post
    I would rather be at the butt end of a human centipede made up of neo forums all stars then hang out with you dude, its something you just have to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by CORY_POOOOOOOOON! View Post
    One thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand is that Atomikwave/NCI isn't a newcomer by any mean. He's been making bootlegs for a decade. He made a lot of counterfeits the old way before he decided to make his own boards.

Oh and he didn't create his own boards to stop killing AES carts. He never gave a shit about that. He made them to save on parts and production time so he could make more money. The common sac carts (Kof 95, Samurai Shodown 3, Fatal Fury 3, etc...) aren't as cheap as they used to be and flashing his boards is nowhere near as tedious as removing all the mask roms from the original carts and soldering all the eproms back in.

He's been saving a lot of time since he got his new boards. That's why he's now able to produce 50 boots in a row. Thanks to all the noobs and fucktards who never stopped giving him their money, he was able to invest and litterally create his own bootleg factory: boards, cases, shells, manuals, everything.

He even got his buyers to believe that some of his boots were actually licensed. I mean, dude's got talent.

appreciate the info. I didn't know that. I have a few more AES boots (mostly Slug) that I got when my friend moved from Japan to the US. I will post them shortly.

Slug 4 US AES. this one looks like it came from the same maker as the Slug X I posted earlier

Kyo's Flame

Quote Originally Posted by nhanphanhippo View Post
    Slug 4 US AES. this one looks like it came from the same maker as the Slug X I posted earlier

That's crazy. *shakes head*

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by sylphia View Post
    I had never seen a bootleg Neo Turf Masters MVS cart before... Thanks for posting those pictures !
    Is Sylphia an upmarket Sylvie like Stephen's a posh Steve?

New Challenger

I thought my super kof 02 was horrible, until I saw the other bootlegs.
    let me show!

a1.JPGa2.JPGb1.JPGb2.JPG

Kyo's Flame

Quote Originally Posted by kosami View Post
    I thought my super kof 02 was horrible, until I saw the other bootlegs.
    let me show!

a1.JPGa2.JPGb1.JPGb2.JPG

I LOVE the KOF sticker. I used to own a KOF 2004 Hero that had that sticker before, very radical.

Edit: oh, cover up those exposed eprom Windows with some little strips of electrical tape. I've had some rad bootleg hacks in transparent cases go corrupt from the evil UV rays from the sun.
    Last edited by ResO; 04-07-2016 at 01:25 AM.

New Challenger

Here's my contribution.... Super Sidekicks 3... such a noob that I can't attach, so here's an Imgur link.

Booty Bootouls

Kyo's Flame

Metal Slug 6 (Hack)

Kyo's Flame

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanrocks View Post
    Here's my contribution.... Super Sidekicks 3... such a noob that I can't attach, so here's an Imgur link.

Booty Bootouls
    Ahh, what a strange title to make a conversion of?

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I LOVE the KOF sticker. I used to own a KOF 2004 Hero that had that sticker before, very radical.

Edit: oh, cover up those exposed eprom Windows with some little strips of electrical tape. I've had some rad bootleg hacks in transparent cases go corrupt from the evil UV rays from the sun.
    thanks for the tip, i will apply some ducktape RIGHT NOW!!!

New Challenger

Ahh, what a strange title to make a conversion of?
    I thought the same thing... always thought boots were made for rare / expensive / popular games... didn't think SS3 would be that sought after

Man this thread is crazy. I have a feeling a lot of boots are being sold as originals on ebay after seeing this thread.

Kyo's Flame

Quote Originally Posted by xorthen View Post
    Man this thread is crazy. I have a feeling a lot of boots are being sold as originals on ebay after seeing this thread.
    That MS4 AES is crazy, i'd swear it was legit if I hadn't seen the boards. The seller was stupid to not buy an authentic MVS cart and use authentic chips, as MS4 on MVS is cheap. A conversation that real looking with authentic chips could fool almost anybody with the exception of non-machine soldering on the reverse of the PCBs.

yeah he did that

Nhanphanhippo are those Metal Slug games yours? What's the insert/manual quality like?
    NEO GEO AES serial#338685
    NEO GEO CDZ serial#24611

HATERS GONNA HATE

Quote Originally Posted by jbeedham View Post
    Nhanphanhippo are those Metal Slug games yours? What's the insert/manual quality like?
    Those are mine. I compared them with the legit copies I got from Shawn and there are definitely some differences. The Warning page on the manuals are Orange instead of Yellow. The cart stickers are glossier than originals. Inserts are generally a bit wider than originals.

That MS4 AES is crazy, i'd swear it was legit if I hadn't seen the boards. The seller was stupid to not buy an authentic MVS cart and use authentic chips, as MS4 on MVS is cheap. A conversation that real looking with authentic chips could fool almost anybody with the exception of non-machine soldering on the reverse of the PCBs.
    Not anymore...........you can see MS4 is getting $$$$$ as Korean stock is almost out..........

Fio's Quartermaster

Interesting to see so many different types of boots out there. Question, are SMT chips that bad?

Thread Information