Aes Inserts

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
I was wondering for those who have or collect Aes inserts, how do you keep them stored? Do you put them in those comic book type protectors with the white board or keep them rolled up?

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
I keep them in their respective AES cases, with their games. Isn't that what people normally do?

I suppose if you wanted to though, some archival mylar might not be a bad way to go if you wanted to just file them away somewhere for posterity.

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
I'm talking about classic inserts inserts for the later games that were sold in the Neo store, what if I don't want to put them their aes cases. I guess I should've been more clear. I thought about framing them or just keeping them in great condition.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
I personally like to make Kinkos copies of my inserts, or just use the scanner / printer and copy my inserts, (all of them), and then keep the originals in stay flat protectors tucked away in nice dark drawers in areas that are well air conditioned. This way I don't need to care about sun fade, nor damage from the cases. Of coarse I have not yet had time to do this to all my games, but, I have done this to some of the more rare titles, and I use original inserts for the pics I take of the games, and then I replace them with the fake ones. This also allows people to touch them without the worry of ruining them by grabbing the games in the wrong spots. I need to do this to all of them, but, time is key, which I have little of.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow! I keep my inserts inside the game cases. As long as I don't have my game spines pointing towards a open window were sunlight comes in a hits them directly I think It will be alright. You could also get one of those storage chests and keep your Aes games in there.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I would put the extras in shock boxes.

I ended up putting the Crossed Swords II you sold me in a Snap Lock Case so all my Aes games look uniform but I could understand the reasoning behind putting them in mvs shock boxes. You don't risk damaging the top and bottom of the insert.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I ended up putting the Crossed Swords II you sold me in a Snap Lock Case so all my Aes games look uniform but I could understand the reasoning behind putting them in mvs shock boxes. You don't risk damaging the top and bottom of the insert.

That's the reason......i was wondering why MCF76 puts AES game in a shock box......

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
LOL at AES collectors. Games you don't play, inserts stored away in the dark so somebody doesn't grab them in the wrong spot. Wankers.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That's one of the reasons
He sold AES case.........

Here's the reason why I put them in there. Two of my games that have the old style soft case games got a 1/4" tear from the piece of shit soft cases. The clear shrinks over time and ripped the damn insert. You guys do what you want but I'd rather have the insert not torn myself.

I had done put the insert in the shock here but you can see how big a rip it put in it.

I play all of my games a lot that's why I put them in there also don't have to worry about it.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Here's the reason why I put them in there. Two of my games that have the old style soft case games got a 1/4" tear from the piece of shit soft cases. The clear shrinks over time and ripped the damn insert. You guys do what you want but I'd rather have the insert not torn myself.

I had done put the insert in the shock here but you can see how big a rip it put in it.

I play the shit out of my games that's why I put them in there also don't have to worry about it.

The Old style cases are notorious for tearing up the top of the insert. Some games are almost impossible to find without messed up inserts.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The Old style cases are notorious for tearing up the top of the insert. Some games are almost impossible to find without messed up inserts.

I know it, it sucks how shit those cases are. Once I seen what those two case did to several of my games I jet those cases out the damn door lol. I know it looks funny being in that large shock box but once you get them centered the insert doesn't move around at all. It has plenty of room to adjust when you open the case and is not gripped down to the point of tearing the insert like the OG ones.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I loves me some AES. But Jesus...the collectardism...

View attachment 30311

Don't know if you were directing that at me but if so why do you care what I do with my games honestly? How is it retarted to not want to have a game that you just spent a couple hundred dollars on have a $5 case destroy it. That to me is fucking retarted then have someone like you bitch when I go to sell because the insert being damaged and wanting it cheaper? wtf..

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
It's a pretty simple solution if you want to keep the inserts in their cases and not damage them. Buy a roll of 5mm clear mylar which is acid free and archival quality. Cut that to fit the insert and put one in front and in back of the insert. There done, now stop worrying about it.

We seem to be going full on white gloves in this thread. So, in that case I would advise you to do the above MCF as those cases you are currently using are not archive quality and could discolor or damage the insert as the decades pass.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It's a pretty simple solution if you want to keep the inserts in their cases and not damage them. Buy a roll of 5mm clear mylar which is acid free and archival quality. Cut that to fit the insert and put one in front and in back of the insert. There done, now stop worrying about it.

We seem to be going full on white gloves in this thread. So, in that case I would advise you to do the above MCF as those cases you are currently using are not archive quality and could discolor or damage the insert as the decades pass.

Well you and Yagyu missed what I said I was just answering a question. "I'm not" worried about the games they are all in shock boxes and have been done like that for years. RAZO and Liquid was just wondering why I put them in there in the first place and so I told them the reason why and that's it.

No gloves or grilling tongs or vaults or tinted windows or what have you. If you are into that sorta thing and it sounds like it from experience and knowledge you have on it then by all means keep at it.

Last edited:

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
It's not like I'm rolling in money, so If I have an insert worth hundreds why would I not be careful in how I handle and take care of them. For the people who whine about how Aes collectors handle their carts, if you owned a mint original action comics no. 1 worth 3.2 million dollars, would you handle it all the time or even read it? No you would have it graded and protected. That makes no sense when you can buy a reprint or just download the comic it's self and read it. Same thing with Aes carts, you play the emulators or ports. If a person doesn't want to play their cart, that's their prerogative. That's all I'm saying.:cool:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

1) Buy expensive AES cart
2) Remove insert, store in a dark place where nobody can see or touch it
3) Keep game in case and never insert it into the AES so that it doesn't get insertion marks
4) If you do want to play it, just use an emulator

WTF is the point?