Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: THE MARKET PURGE! ONGOING... FOREVER!

My favorite part is going to be looking at a locked members' feedback section to see all the people willing to take their money, complain about their lack of contributions, then ban them.
    Discounted shipping, even on your forum buy/sell/trade threads. No membership fees.

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Quote Originally Posted by kingau View Post
    Hi everyone I just been band for no reason given. was it the free boot give away? who know?

any one else been band here ?

also some one change my profile with a
    1-800 who cares? that's funny
    If you looked anywhere outside the marketplace you would find the reason. This was foretold almost a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

I was Born This Ugly.
    Banned.

Perhaps you found yourself in this situation because your spelling is shitty.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

Calvin & Hobbes

The criteria is simple to join this illustrious group....

1) Poor... posts to feedback ratio...

2) Majority of posts are in the market forum... (However, I do take into account WHERE your non-market posts are... and If i feel you deserve a chance... I'll let you be...)

xROTx

PS. Join date IS NOT going to help you...

EDIT: However... I am going to start going thru the "Other Market Leech" List... and any worthwhile members... I'll unlock...

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Banned.
    Bane'd.

Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by kingau View Post
    condom yest infection band?
    it could be something else.
    your ratio is poor.
    your last prices were good though?
    your last non market post was a year ago so you are here for the market only and Abusing the site.

Critical Damage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ash View Post
    Flipper?
    No. The opposite. The guy just sold 3 NAOMI's and AW setup for less than half you'd pay on ebay and about 30% less than you'd normally pay on forums - they went quickly to good members.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...stuff-for-sale

He also sold a pile of MVS carts at below market.
    Currently dating: Jack Dempsey; a fish; recommended by fake madman

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No. The opposite. The guy just sold 3 NAOMI's and AW setup for less than half you'd pay on ebay and about 30% less than you'd normally pay on forums - they went quickly to good members.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...stuff-for-sale

He also sold a pile of MVS carts at below market.
    If he promises to try and be more active outside the market forums...

I will lift his account... TONIGHT...

All he has to do is post in this thread to confirm that he agrees to participating more on the forums...

xROTx

PS. I WILL keep tabs... just sayin'

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    Can we please not run off any more inactive people that sell cheap stuff? The market is already on life support after the last purge.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Lt. Laser
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    Can we please not run off any more inactive people that sell cheap stuff? The market is already on life support after the last purge.
    Agreed.

Windjammers Wonder
    Can we please not run off any more inactive people that sell cheap stuff?
    I agree with wyo, I think inactive members should get a pass if they are selling stuff for cheap.

I mean they could easily go to eBay and get way more over there but are instead giving good deals to the peeps here.

jmho
    Last edited by BladeDancer314; 11-13-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: swype is ghey
    Gil Perales

Not sure whether the benefit to collateral damage ratio of large-scale purges is worth the kerfuffle. I'm not against it per se, just sayin'.
    Check out my new tracks on SoundCloud (free mp3 download):

Dreieinig | Flung | Intox (Pandora Variant) | DeMil 7 (Revolt Edit)

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

Капитан Борода
    The reality is, those that think this are usually those that have the ability to monitor the market place pretty regularly. It's not surprising nor is it a bad thing. Guys like you and MJ Mike do a good job of walking the fine line of buying/selling while building and funding your own collections with non-raepy prices which is to be applauded. The bummer is, legit non-chatty sellers like Tomcat, Alberto1225 (Yu-Ting) are few and far between. Speaking of, I miss Tomcat and his Engrish. Playing devil's advocate, I've clearly bought/sold here too especially in past years but I think the goal here from Rot's standpoint is to have members that contribute vs. those that buy/sell and bail.

In the end, there isn't a perfect solution but I think these purges do more good than harm for the forum as a whole.
    Last edited by Teddy KGB; 11-13-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Calvin & Hobbes

SO... you guys are sayin'... as LONG as the seller... sells the stuff cheap and well... he shouldn't have to contribute on the forums?

LEMME get this straight... you fucks complain when a n00b gets a game or product you want... BUT a noob selling you good stuff is OK...

WELL... You can't have it BOTH way dumbasses...

xROTx

PS. Runnin' off good sellers... pfft.. all they have to do is make an effort to participate and I'd have let them be... like cdamm... mrmrmrmrmrmrmjmrmrmrmjrjjr... etc etc...

New Challenger
    Is this why I'm suddenly blocked from everything? I happened to comment on one of the market threads last night after not visiting in quite awhile. Check back today and no access.
    Bad luck to me I guess. I've never even been a seller, just a buyer.

Annex Florida Coalition
    Goodwill Ambassador
    A buyer who is a leech hurts the market. Goods exit and will only re-enter via attempted flipping at inflated prices. Somone who mainly sells isnt going to screw the market up. Their will either move goods at fair prices or get piled on by the lads if way over fmv. Deal with the low post 'mp send' crowd first i say.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Annex Florida Coalition
    Goodwill Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    Is this why I'm suddenly blocked from everything? I happened to comment on one of the market threads last night after not visiting in quite awhile. Check back today and no access.
    Luck has nothing to do with it. You are only here to use the market, you are now locked out of the market. The war room gets cold in the winter, i hope you brought a blanket.
    Last edited by gum_drops; 11-13-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Lt. Laser
    Well I think it's a general consensus that people flipping items on the regular should be banned, IE n00bs snatching products here then shooting straight to eBAy. That's if it can be proven. I don't however mind a n00b who is a fan getting an item before me. I don't have God given rights as an older member. Maybe a join date(for example must be a member for a month to access selling forums) restriction or a post count restriction will help weed out flippers? But yea, sellers who primarily just sell stuff here, to offer it first to the community I don't think should be banned as they are contributing. As Wyo said they could go off and sell it more on an auction site often times. A lot of these people though may just not be social creatures, or maybe just lurkers. Not everyone out there likes to chat back and forth on forums aside from once in a while. Doesn't mean they are leaching though in my opinion.

I get what you're saying though. It is quite the conundrum as there is no way to fully have your cake and eat it too. If I had to choose one state of affairs though I much prefer the market as it was a year ago, even with the chaos. Because it was a whole lot easier for members here to build up their collections in the family so to speak. Now it's like a bunch of starving zombies on a corpse when anything pops up. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    SO... you guys are sayin'... as LONG as the seller... sells the stuff cheap and well... he shouldn't have to contribute on the forums?

LEMME get this straight... you fucks complain when a n00b gets a game or product you want... BUT a noob selling you good stuff is OK...

WELL... You can't have it BOTH way dumbasses...

xROTx

PS. Runnin' off good sellers... pfft.. all they have to do is make an effort to participate and I'd have let them be... like cdamm... mrmrmrmrmrmrmjmrmrmrmjrjjr... etc etc...
    Last edited by Loefye; 11-13-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    A buyer who is a leech hurts the market. Goods exit and will only re-enter via attempted flipping at inflated prices. Somone who mainly sells isnt going to screw the market up. Their will either move goods at fair prices or get piled on by the lads if way over fmv. Deal with the low post 'mp send' crowd first i say.
    My decision...

ALL I am seeking is for n00bs and oldtymers alike to see this thread... and understand what is considered "Contributing"...

ALL the locked members... they just need to agree to participate more... and I will unlock their account... EASY PEASEY MOFOS!

xROTx

Ozma War Hero

Sellers are like any other tools, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, then it's not the purge's problem... me thinks. Stripling buyers on the other hand just want to exploit teh markets, giving nothing in return. That'd be legit purge material. A few posts now and then won't make it right. Maybe "buying privileges" could be redeemed in particular cases?
    Last edited by oliverclaude; 11-14-2015 at 08:07 AM.

New Challenger
    Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Luck has nothing to do with it. You are only here to use the market, you are now locked out of the market. The war room gets cold in the winter, i hope you brought a blanket.
    Well that's not even true anyway, I haven't bought anything in over 2 years and am pretty much done collecting. My post previous to last night's was in the bad battery thread. Now I can't even browse because I decided to comment on someone's joke last night.

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    This is a tight group around here...and most of us are fair sellers. By "fair" I mean we do not sell stuff at gouged Ebay pricing.We sell to each other because this is user to user sales. Some dickweed popping in to only buy is often just a flipper looking to buy low/sell high and take advantage to our internal karma.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

Calvin & Hobbes

KINGAU... LADS... all you have to do is as I suggested....

Give me your personal promise you'll at least try to contribute more... then you will be let free from the war room...

xROTx

PS. A promise is a promise in my book... and I'll prob keep tabs on you

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSublime View Post
    You stole fizzy lifting drinks.
    You floated to the ceiling which now much be washed, and sterilized.

YOU LOSE. YOU. GET. NOTHING. Good day sir!

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Thread Information