Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Most difficult shmups you've ever played?

I tried Dragon Blaze again the other day - jeez that's a tough game. I always found those Psikyo style 'speedy exploding shrapnel bullets' to be a bit of a mindfuck while dodging other shit. Switched to Dimahoo with more success.

Host for Orochi

I was about to write the same. Dragon Blaze is one tough nut. Barely can make it to stage four with one credit. It's great though as are all Psikyo games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Crossed Swords Knight

oops wrong thread
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 06-18-2017 at 02:15 PM.

赤裸裸的汽車人

I recall Abadox was pretty tough. I had it when I was a kid and I think maybe I only got to the 2nd level a handful of times. In recent years I had played it on an emulator using a cheat code and was suprised that game is only 3 levels! No wonder they had to make the game so hard.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    I recall Abadox was pretty tough. I had it when I was a kid and I think maybe I only got to the 2nd level a handful of times. In recent years I had played it on an emulator using a cheat code and was suprised that game is only 3 levels! No wonder they had to make the game so hard.
    Seems that it has at least double that, i.e. 6 levels, if you count bosses. Plus the last escape sequence. I used this video to count:

It's definitely very tough and at 22 minutes, very short for a NES game. Thanks for mentioning it, I will definitely have a look (probably with that cheat code ;).

WWJCVDD?

I find Air Gallet tough.
    Yo.

Crazed MVS Addict

Battle garegga on Saturn,I find it difficult even with the coloured bullets turned on!

Old Man

Image Fight & Image Fight 2 on PCE... Really do not enjoy playing those at all.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

Not going to happen."

Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"

Peanutbutterjammatime

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    Image Fight & Image Fight 2 on PCE... Really do not enjoy playing those at all.
    Image Fight is still playable. You just have to learn through credit feeding, before you can enjoy it. Like learning how to read... again, with all inferiority complexes implied. That's certainly most difficult, though.

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

Maybe not the hardest but been playing Pro Gear over at Craig's house and It's not easy at all. He found out yesterday that to get to the second loop you have to 1CC and use less than two bombs. That's craziness.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    Maybe not the hardest but been playing Pro Gear over at Craig's house and It's not easy at all. He found out yesterday that to get to the second loop you have to 1CC and use less than two bombs. That's craziness.
    Progear is ace... although I'm very guilty of not giving it the time it deserves... but that's life I guess. Anyhoo, is any Cave game "easy"?

Raizing's Great Mahou Daisakusen... that's a toughie I gave up on as well. I think the game mechanic just didn't click with me.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

Not going to happen."

Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"

Peanutbutterjammatime

Thread Information