PSA: Mushihimesama releases today on steam

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
The fifth release of a cave game I’ve 1CC countless times. I’d already supported cave enough this lifetime. It is one of my favorites, people who haven’t played it should definitely get it!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Why don't you support Cave by finding me an ESP Rade PCB...that's all I'm missing, someday I'll get Ibara Kuro...maybe not...I dunno...

I am getting the steam release, why not? Mind as well see what is up, if it's anything like the 360 port then it could be great.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'll definitely snag it to support Cave. Looking forward to what the other two planned Steam releases are.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'll wait for a price drop. Black Friday is right around the corner.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

You can get the Matsuri Deluxe version for 18.25 right now. That's pretty cheap for a game that still runs 45+ on the 360 and that's most likely without the Matsuri download.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member

I guess,
but for $18 you get
Mushi
Mushi 1.5
OST

That's a pretty damn good deal for 2 games with 3 modes in each said game.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I didn't know it was two games. Thanks for the heads up guys.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Why don't you support Cave by finding me an ESP Rade PCB...that's all I'm missing, someday I'll get Ibara Kuro...maybe not...I dunno...

I am getting the steam release, why not? Mind as well see what is up, if it's anything like the 360 port then it could be great.

The only reason I'm buying this stuff is the hope they put out some stuff they never released on the 360. Sadly there's no guarantee they don't just re-release all the 360 ports at this point :(

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You can get the Matsuri Deluxe version for 18.25 right now. That's pretty cheap for a game that still runs 45+ on the 360 and that's most likely without the Matsuri download.

That's enticing enough, really, the game is worth the 20 plus DLC but if there's a deal even better!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The only reason I'm buying this stuff is the hope they put out some stuff they never released on the 360. Sadly there's no guarantee they don't just re-release all the 360 ports at this point :(

There was an interview with one of the staff members not long ago, citing that they were not against making new "shump" games for digital distribution through Steam. Sadly though, it was pretty much confirmed that the arcade side was finished with games. Just not enough money for them to go that route anymore.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So I got the Matsuri pack but I see no signs of 1.5 nor the OST, I'm a total noob on steam, am I missing something here, it's not on the splash screen, only novice, normal and arrange show up.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
So I got the Matsuri pack but I see no signs of 1.5 nor the OST, I'm a total noob on steam, am I missing something here, it's not on the splash screen, only novice, normal and arrange show up.

So do you see them as installed in steam itself?

Once in the game you can get to the OST by going to the downloadable content option in the main menu (I believe) but you can just browse to the game install folder and get the soundtrack in FLAC or MP3.

The game should have novice, normal, arrange, and 1.5 which you can get to by hitting left or right while in the main game menu.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's asking me to log in game by pressing the steam guide button, I have no idea where that is and I cannot sign my profile in even though I'm already signed up in steam, I'm so confused...

Edit: I'm a total duffus, I needed to update my steam, guess that was conflicting with the game as if I was offline or something, hey at least 1.5 is working now...bought the PCB recently, not the 1.5 though, so I'm psyched.

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Went ahead and purchased Matsuri Pack with 1.5 and OST. 1.5 BGM is really messed up though. It's only in Mono and has some static in it. It's being looked into according to the Steam forums. My first time experiencing Mushihimesama. Liking it so far and can't wait to see what else gets a Steam release.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Went ahead and purchased Matsuri Pack with 1.5 and OST. 1.5 BGM is really messed up though. It's only in Mono and has some static in it. It's being looked into according to the Steam forums. My first time experiencing Mushihimesama. Liking it so far and can't wait to see what else gets a Steam release.

Bought this last night and it launched in window-mode. Hit "Full Screen" in the options and my computer locked up the likes of which I have not seen in a long time. (It took me ten minutes of trying key presses in a failed attempt to recover to finally breakdown and reboot.)

Also checked out the steam forum for the game and it sounds like this is an issue for quite a few folks.

The game seems buggy and in need of some patching.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Bought this last night and it launched in window-mode. Hit "Full Screen" in the options and my computer locked up the likes of which I have not seen in a long time. (It took me ten minutes of trying key presses in a failed attempt to recover to finally breakdown and reboot.)

Also checked out the steam forum for the game and it sounds like this is an issue for quite a few folks.

The game seems buggy and in need of some patching.

Yeah I saw people were having crashing issues when trying to start the game. I haven't had that problem. I noticed that setting it full screen puts it in 800x600 res. Ugh. The frame rate seems to be locked at around 56-57 and never goes higher.