PSA: Mushihimesama releases today on steam

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I thought I read somewhere the full screen lock up can be resolved by playing with steam in offline mode. Might be worth a shot.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I thought I read somewhere the full screen lock up can be resolved by playing with steam in offline mode. Might be worth a shot.

They've already released one patch to resolve some issues, I was playing a good bit yesterday and the only bug I encountered was that my settings weren't saved. The game plays and looks great. I dig the changes in 1.5 and would definitely recommend snagging the 'deluxe' pack while it's on sale.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Just saw that this is 30 percent off in the current Steam sale through December 1st. I think I will break down and get. Also saw Ikaruga is 50% off as well.

What other shooters are worth grabbing on Steam besides Mushihimisama, Revolver360, Crimson Clover, and Ikaruga ?

Self-Update: I was surprised to see Judgement Silversword and Eschatos on there. Along with Raiden 3 & 4, Mobile Light Force, and Strania.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
What other shooters are worth grabbing on Steam besides Mushihimisama, Revolver360, Crimson Clover, and Ikaruga ?

Self-Update: I was surprised to see Judgement Silversword and Eschatos on there. Along with Raiden 3 & 4, Mobile Light Force, and Strania.

I've tried and liked:
Alltynex Second
Armed Seven
Astebreed
Crimzon Clover
Danmaku Unlimited 2
DeltaZeal
Eschatos
Ether Vapor
eXceed 2 and 3
Ikaruga
Jamestown
Kamui
Mushihimesama
Raiden III
Raiden IV Overkill
Reflex
Satazius
Strania
Super Galaxy Squadron
XiiZeal

I've tried but didn't care for:
The Blue Flamingo
Jets'n'Guns
Razor2
Redux
Sine Mora

I haven't tried but look interesting:
Diadra Empty
Hangeki
Pester
QP Shooting
Sky Force Anniversary
REVOLVER360
Super Chain Crusher Horizon
Zenohell

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If I'm not mistaken, all shooties on Steam are on sale til December 1.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Just bought Raiden III for $2.50. Seems kind of bare bones port. [strike]No tate mode.[/strike] Still fun though (can't miss at that price).

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Just bought Raiden III for $2.50. Seems kind of bare bones port. No tate mode. Still fun though (can't miss at that price).

Good deal, went ahead and snagged that myself as well.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Good deal, went ahead and snagged that myself as well.
Yes, there is a tate mode. You have to run it full screen and then go into screen options. Shame on you running it in a window :P

Untitled.png

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Yes, there is a tate mode. You have to run it full screen and then go into screen options. Shame on you running it in a window :P

(Got it to work, thanks KP)

It crashes every time I try and run it in full screen mode, I get some DirectX error.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
On 12/11 Cave is releasing 13 OSTs on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon Music. I hear the next Steam game will be announced after Christmas.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Raiden Legacy... I was reading some steam reviews and it seems to be having frame rate issues. If they can get that nailed down, I wouldn't mind grabbing it as you get four Raiden games for $10. Has anyone given this a spin yet ?

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Raiden Legacy... I was reading some steam reviews and it seems to be having frame rate issues. If they can get that nailed down, I wouldn't mind grabbing it as you get four Raiden games for $10. Has anyone given this a spin yet ?

It seems like all of the vertical shmups have frame issues on Steam.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It seems like all of the vertical shmups have frame issues on Steam.

Raiden Legacy is just a bunch of roms with a dotemu front end. It's not a port of Raiden Fighters Aces unfortunately, and the emulator they use is awful. That being said, I have a bunch of vert shmups in my steam collection that run flawless including Mushihime.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Most of the vertical shooters I have seem to run fine as well including Ikaruga, Mushi, and Crimson Clover.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

They never got around to fixing the Android version, I wouldn't hold your breath.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I've never heard a good thing about Raiden PC ports.