WWF Wrestlefest PCB Resetting...

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The game starts up and gets through the Winners Don't Use Drugs screen, words screen, and Technos screen, but resets shortly after the attract screen with the stars begins. Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong?

I reseated the chips, cleaned the edge card, and checked the +5v (5.07)...

Video of issue:

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
The game starts up and gets through the Winners Don't Use Drugs screen, words screen, and Technos screen, but resets shortly after the attract screen with the stars begins. Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong?

I reseated the chips, cleaned the edge card, and checked the +5v (5.07)...

Video of issue:

Did you use drugs? They can tell.
I'm sorry. I'm new to the whole Neo Geo screen, but not new to cartridges. Maybe one of the chips the game was is bad or corrupted or a microfuse got smashed/blown? Those have both happened to me twice and produced similar outcomes to what I can see.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I'd check your ROM contents first before anything else.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I got in touch with a guy local to me who has a working wrestlefest. He's going to let me come over Thursday and swap his eproms with mine to see if that fixes the issue. If so, I'll get a set burned for it. Fingers crossed.

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
I got in touch with a guy local to me who has a working wrestlefest. He's going to let me come over Thursday and swap his eproms with mine to see if that fixes the issue. If so, I'll get a set burned for it. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like a plan. That is why I like Neo Geo; carts are easily repaired, and our brethren are normally there for us.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I swapped roms at the local guys' place tonight and the game came right back to life. I just paid for a replacement set of roms to be made. Thanks everyone for your help with this!

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I swapped roms at the local guys' place tonight and the game came right back to life. I just paid for a replacement set of roms to be made. Thanks everyone for your help with this!

The roms you speak of in question are obviously the program roms since their socketed.

Lucky for you a mask rom didn't fail as 27c080 equivalents are not cheap to come by.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Congrats for figuring it out. Wrestlefest is a fun game to throw in when friends are over.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Yeah, I'm glad it was an easy fix. My Brother is going to be coming over for Christmas this year and it'll be good times for him to be able to play it. He loves wrestling.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Is it going in a 2 or 4 player cab ? I have only ever had it in a 2 player. When an old high school friend was over, we played the crap out of it for well over an hour.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
2 player cab. I don't have room for a 4 player cab unfortunately.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I did a Wrestlefest conversion cab last year that turned out pretty well. I have Superstars in there too which ups the ante a bit.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
That is a good looking conversion. It cleaned up nicely.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I must be imgur retarded. I can only see one picture that I assume is the before shot...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I must be imgur retarded. I can only see one picture that I assume is the before shot...

I have looked at the album (~45 photos) both logged into imgur and out by scrolling down and I can see all of the photos in both instances. I am not sure why you cannot see them.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I have looked at the album (~45 photos) both logged into imgur and out by scrolling down and I can see all of the photos in both instances. I am not sure why you cannot see them.

It turns out my computer was being dumb. I was able to use my iPod to check out the pix. Nice!