pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
B_N7xIlUsAAHCT-.jpg

Also plays teh roms. Anyone drop the cash on one of these yet? I'm curious

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That looks interesting, although the screen not being native gba res might be a deal breaker.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
That looks interesting, although the screen not being native gba res might be a deal breaker.

it supposedly scales proportionately. Also you can turn scaling off which makes the active screen smaller but it's perfect 1:1. For $70...I'm almost curious enough

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Go for it and report back! If I had a little more spare cash I might do the same.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Looks neat, but can't accept original GBA carts based on the description.

Yes, this is what has put me off getting one. Price wise though it has dropped to GB Boy level, maybe if they would do some cheap multicarts it would be worth considering further.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Watching a review now:

*edit*

After seeing that, the thing looks pretty great. I'm not crazy about the way they have the buttons mapped, and there doesn't seem to be any way to remap them. Still, I might just grab one.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It's funny how some new, shiny thing will make me revisit some old GBA games.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Where did the white ones go? The places I'm finding online all have the clear plastic in various colors. The white one looked pimp.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I see that SMB is on there, so im assuming the K card can store roms for various platforms. What does it support so far and how big of an SD card can it sustain?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fuggit, I ordered one. I'll let you know how it is.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Fuggit, I ordered one. I'll let you know how it is.

i swear to god, my finger keeps teetering over the order button...probably no less than 20 times today.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Same here. FWIW, Amazon has a seller with black ones in stock for $79.99 with prime shipping, it's the only place I found that shipped from the US. k1GBASP.com can ship any of the colors from China for $69.99 but you'd have to wait longer. EMS shipping is $20 to me. I just went with Amazon, should have it Friday.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
If anyone needs a cheap GBA flash cart and can't wait for the upcoming EverDrive-GB, there's a new model of the EZ Flash IV out ($28/shipped).

It's the same as the old EZ4, but with Micro-SD support up to 32gb and a bit faster loading.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
If anyone needs a cheap GBA flash cart and can't wait for the upcoming EverDrive-GB, there's a new model of the EZ Flash IV out ($28/shipped).

It's the same as the old EZ4, but with Micro-SD support up to 32gb and a bit faster loading.

Actually I thought it was found that it has slightly slower loading than the old version.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
Actually I thought it was found that it has slightly slower loading than the old version.
I stand corrected. I just flashed F-Zero GP (16MB) on both to test:

Old EZ4 Mini-SD Model (using an ancient unbranded 2GB card): 19 seconds
New EZ4 Micro-SD Model (16GB Sandisk Class 2 card): 23 seconds
New EZ4 Micro-SD Model (8GB Kingston Class 4 card): 26 seconds

Strange results, but it is a step down in load time after all.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I stand corrected. I just flashed F-Zero GP (16MB) on both to test:

Old EZ4 Mini-SD Model (using an ancient unbranded 2GB card): 19 seconds
New EZ4 Micro-SD Model (16GB Sandisk Class 2 card): 23 seconds
New EZ4 Micro-SD Model (8GB Kingston Class 4 card): 26 seconds

Strange results, but it is a step down in load time after all.

Yeah best way to test is using the same card on both EZ4 models. I use a mini SD to micro SD adapter on the old model. I have the new model too and it *seems* slower but I've not actually timed it.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

Are these things 100% compatible with all romz? or do they have issues with some games like most everdrives? Also, is the quality decent?

Thanks!