Are all UN Squadron PCBs "repaired" from the factory?

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I've noticed that almost(?) all of the PCBs of UN Squadron that I'm seeing have a wire going across right next to the "Area 88" white label. Is this something that was done by Capcom?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Mine has this wire you speak of and Carrier Air Wing also has a wire (both on C board, different pins wired together). Don't know if they all have this though.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Mine does as well. Many Capcom "C" boards have those wires.

Many arcade boards have these factory corrections done since mistakes often happen either during board layout & design, or during production.

Great boards by the way. You guys must have nice collections.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It could be a routing fix by the factory. It happens sometimes when something slips by in the design process.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Thanks guys. It does appear to be a factory fix (in that it is an identical fix on each board) that affects the earlier boards (lower serial numbers 7k ish iirc). I have an 8k serial board coming in that doesn't have this fix (once I receive I will confirm that it's legit - pics weren't the greatest). Interesting re Carrier Airwing as I don't think mine has a fix so it seems that Capcom was probably a little sloppy on the first runs of these two boards.