Saturn to Sony PVM noob question

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I recently acquired 2 PVM's. One is a small PVM-1271Q, and the other is a larger PVM-1943MD.

I'd like to test them out by hooking up my NTSC Saturn via RGB/Scart, but I know next to nothing about these video standards. I've done a little research, and I'm thinking these 2 cables will get the job done?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn...155039?hash=item25a0f44d1f:g:2j8AAOxyOMdS5Txr

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-RGB-...469983?hash=item2ca38cba5f:g:tQQAAMXQAEFSD-4B

Any help would be appreciated.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Those should be fine for the 1943MD. I can't remember if the 1271 will take video as sync, it might require a saturn cable that uses csync instead of cvid.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Those are the same exact cables I use with my 1943MD and they work great. I can't believe it's already been over a year since I bought it from skate. :) It's a great monitor. You'll love it.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Thanks for the speedy replies, it's appreciated.

I did read that the 1271Q is picky with v-sync and it might not work, so I'll give it a shot with the 1943, tho there is a small spot of discoloration in the bottom right corner, and the screen is ever so slightly fuzzy on the right side, but I've only been able to test it with S-video thus far.

I'll pick up those cables and see how things go with the 1943.
Thank you both.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'd recommend getting a scart switch and then the male scart to bnc adapter to connect to your pvm.

tenkenryu

n00b
Wookiewin on eBay makes great breakout cables it's what I use and make sure when you buy either scart or breakout cables you get a built in sync stripper it's not normally needed for pvms but it's really useful for any other monitor when it comes to picky sync

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Wookiewin on eBay makes great breakout cables it's what I use and make sure when you buy either scart or breakout cables you get a built in sync stripper it's not normally needed for pvms but it's really useful for any other monitor when it comes to picky sync

This. I've said it before and I'll say it again it's the best break out going.