PS4 Shooters

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Are there any good shooters on the PS4? I'm looking for something to download today, but without knowing titles it's difficult. Any recommendations?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd not heard of Jamestown+ before, it looks pretty interesting so I think I will give that one a try.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
still to early.it's not a very sought after genre.so it would probably be a while before we see more shmups for the ps4.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Not really a shmup, more of twin-stick shooter, but Helldivers is a pretty fun game.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Darius Burst Chronicle will come out on PS4 (digital) in early 2016

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, Jamestown really looks great, anybody played it already?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Yeah, Jamestown really looks great, anybody played it already?

Yeah I've played it. It's a good game. You can get it cheap sometimes when PSN runs their deals. It also pops up on Humble Bundle once in a while.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I really enjoy it. It's a bit different from the Japanese shooters we are used to, it has more in common with a lot of the old DOS based western shooters from back in the day. And the story is absolutely bananas, I love it.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
it has more in common with a lot of the old DOS based western shooters from back in the day.

True that. It reminds me of Tyrian in some ways. That game was tops with me back in the day.

jtucci31

n00b
Is there anything added to Jamestown+? I got Jamestown in a humble bundle years ago and really liked it. If I ever get a PS4 I'll probably get that game again

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Another vote for Resogun. It's a crossbuy for PSVita as well so well worth it if you have a Vita too.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Way late here, but Jamestown+ looks great. I'm going to pick that up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah Jamestown+ is a lot of fun and I really like the fact that everything is 2D pixel based, even the menus, makes for a more legit feel.

Caladrius Blaze looks like it could be fun, I played the 360 briefly, just borrowed it for a bit, you can download it 20 bucks on XBL but it's no Blaze.

I want to get Resogun, looks like fun, I love defender. Another game that plays like Defender but it's an indie it's the Cat Milk Mine Defender or something like it, it's super fun, I love it! Another game that uses 2D pixel art for everything but the rez changes, still a great game though. Excellent for Co-Op.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So looks like Dangun Feveron is coming to the PS4...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I played Resogun last night at my pal's...it was great, I'm getting it!