Magician Lord MVS

Not identical to one on MVS scans, but close. Main diff being the printed part numbers on the chips.

Legit?

Attachments

• IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 202

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Looks legit to me. Only thing I see wrong in those pics is what you're doing to the poor label.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Legit. Factory solder points on the back, right? AFAIK, Mag Lord boots do not exist.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
What a clean ass board. Seriously, if you don't see a bunch of EPROMs in the games, it's not a boot. If you're in doubt, just peek through the slates and see if anything looks EPROMy or hand soldered. IF not, save the poor label, cause that game looks like it could have been in damn near perfect shape :crying:

Who am I kidding. Fuck the label! I do wonder what some people are looking at that makes them think these games are boots. I mean, what looks like a boot to you?

Not trying to call you out, just see a lot of people post what to me looks obviously like a good legit cart, but they question. Wondering if there was anything we all could do to spread the word of what to look for, better, cause... Yeah... That is legit as it comes.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Is this a legit Fatal Fury? I dare not to open the case nor shell to check the boards.......

image.jpeg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
No sunfade. Clearly a boot.

PS. Ban plz

Thanks for the input. Actually I did find out today that one of my other carts (SS5) is a boot. And yes, very obvious.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They look different because they are Hitachi mask roms. SNK used around that time both Hitachi and Sharp mask roms and some times Toshiba.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
you guys with your labels, you sound like aseholes :)

What a clean ass board. Seriously, if you don't see a bunch of EPROMs in the games, it's not a boot. If you're in doubt, just peek through the slates and see if anything looks EPROMy or hand soldered. IF not, save the poor label, cause that game looks like it could have been in damn near perfect shape :crying:

Who am I kidding. Fuck the label! I do wonder what some people are looking at that makes them think these games are boots. I mean, what looks like a boot to you?

Not trying to call you out, just see a lot of people post what to me looks obviously like a good legit cart, but they question. Wondering if there was anything we all could do to spread the word of what to look for, better, cause... Yeah... That is legit as it comes.

Yeah, after seeing a couple boots now you're right it is obvious. I just started collecting for MVS so I was pretty ignorant about it. I was under the impression that the boots were hard to detect because they have a website dedicated to it (mvs-scans.com). But you really don't need that website once you see how easy it is to spot a boot.

Thanks for that xsq, good info. Luckily the label on that cart I opened only has a small crease, barely noticeable. But from now on I'll do it the proper way.